Anyone on this site in their 40's or 50's.

Options

Replies

• MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    42 end of the month!
  • abbagirl1512
    Options
    I am 58 and this is the first diet I feel I can stick to.
    I am not a natural excercise person and I actually find food boring which is why I struggle with my weight. I just tend to eat the same things.
    I work with a lot of younger people who seem to love excercise and they make me feel really guilty and rebellious
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    47 years young here feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • TheStickmanCometh
    Options
    40 here, 41 in a couple of months :)...and I feel better at 40 than I did at 30 !

I have done:
    Power 90
    P90X
    Insanity
    Les Mills Pump
    Insanity (Round 2 - just started this week)

Since I decided to change my life with fitness and nutrition, I have completed 2 Tough Mudders (Vermont/Virginia) have signed to do the Oct 2012 Ky TM twice in the same weekend...and I hope (Lord willing) to compete in a 2013 70.3 Ironman :)

I didn't have a midlife crisis, I began a midlife CRUSADE !!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Will be 60 this september. I was very athletic back in the day, played alot of team sports, and in spite of arthritic knees, I lift weights, cycle and hike. I strongly recommend reading, "Younger Next Year"-- you age, but you don't have to rot!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am 53 and have just been on this site a short time. I had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago and am looking for friends and support in my weight loss journey as well. I will be your friend!:smile:
    Way to stay on top of things!! KUDOS!
  • wavedancer123
    wavedancer123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can add me I am 57 years old and will give support and friendship. I am following Lighter Life
    Lite, which suits me very well. I fill in my diary everyday, I am on. A max 1200 cals.

Look forward to chatting
  • cpsp
    cpsp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi i would love to be your friend! I am 43 years old and new to this app. I'd like to loose 2 kg's but everytime i loose a little i overeat and the weights comes back on again!
  • nomoreFA
    nomoreFA Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm 47. Just joined a few weeks ago. I'm excited to be eating healthy again. I'm struggling with finding exercises I can do after I tore the tendon in my quad muscle. Normally I run, so that's out. I would love to be your friend. That goes for anyone, expecially if you have had to adapt your exercise routine due to an injury and can advise me on how to stay fit during physical therapy.
  • doterino
    Options
    Ive just this minute joined but im 61....Is that too old? My daughter's also on here (she.s 39 but prob too busy to at this moment in her life to do the chat bit lol):smile:
  • aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    46 years young here!
  • desmrcoe
    desmrcoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and I just began on Monday
  • llpleslie
    Options
    I am 50!! You can add me.
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in Dec. I love to have new dedicated and commited friends, anyone that meets this feel free to add me!
  • carpinmom
    carpinmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am here too. I am 55 and post menopausal so I know i have different issues. I am usually pretty quite on the message boards, but I would be happy to give you some support as well. I do cardio with weights and it is a SLOW process for me.
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Female just turned 40! You can add me!
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am 43 in the Uk, You can add me as well. Good luck!
  • campmommy
    Options
    I am 53...struggle to stay at current weight and not gain, losing would be a blessing
    164 # at 5'5". I walk everyday.....and use light weights with almost every walk as well
  • campmommy
    Options
    it is very different as you age. Much harder I believe. even tracking my food....I am usually very close to goal calories, most times below, weight just doesn't come off. The if I have a big dinner or that one beer I am up 2-3 pounds and have to star over. I have seen my weight fluctuate 2-3 in one day....I am at a loss as to why somedays. I just keep trying and so should you!
  • lwbrittain
    Options
    I just started today and definitely need encouragement. I am 51 and have over 100 pounds to lose.