Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus Team for November

Options
jam0525
jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
Hello everyone,

This forum is for anyone and everyone that uses the Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus for any or all of their excercise. We set our own goals and to make it fun we challenge each other for high scores on the many games and excercises.

JAM

My November goals are:

30 minutes free step 5-6 times a week
2 x week strength/yoga

Replies

• kmhuneb
    Options
    I will set my November goals at (I do elliptical too):

20 min - 4x week - step
    10min - 2x week - yoga/strength

:wink:
  • tangib
    tangib Posts: 11
    Options
    I haven't purchased the Wii yet, but we have plans to get it for my step daughters for Christmas! We are getting Wii Fit Plus to go with it (YAY!)and I am so excited! I don't know much about the "games" available for it yet. But I think it will certainly help me in my goals to be active, especially with the cold weather coming! Every Canadian should have a Wii Fit for winter..lol!

Thank you for starting this thread! I'll be sure to check back often to see what is being said and any suggestions that are made! Once I have mine, I'll be sure to contribute to my own thoughts on it & experiences!

Thanks again,
    Tanya
  • tinkered
    Options
    Our family has really enjoyed the Wii Fit. What is Wii Plus like?
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Our family has really enjoyed the Wii Fit. What is Wii Plus like?

The same, but with a few added exercises/activities - and it gives a rough guestimate on calories burned for each activity, as well. :-)
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Can i join in?

30mins free step 5x week
    20mins free running 3x week
    30mins strength/yoga/balance 3x week
  • JESS2B115
    Options
    OK. I HAVE NOT HAD MUCH TIME LATELY FOR MY WII FIT. BUT MY GOAL IS

30MIN 5X A WEEK FREE RUN
    20MIN 3X A WEEK YOGA
    20MIN 3X A WEEK STRENGHT
  • jam0525
    Options
    Welcome Curvykatie-
    Welcome Jess-

Yes, you can join us. This is open to all.

I've been sick, but still doing my 30 minutes free step. Today, I was walking too slow and the voice kept telling me - You better speed up!.. Don't you just hate that voice sometimes?

lol. At least I still managed to get my time in.

JAM
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I have the Wii Fit Plus. My goal is to be consistent with:

30 min 3 times a week: advanced step aerobics

and

30 min 3 times a week: of either Rhythm Kung-Fu, Rhythm Parade or Island Cycling
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My November goals are:

30min Freestep
    15min Advanced step

or

1 hour brisk walk outside (depending on weather)

I really want to lose 5 pounds this month!!!
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

My goals for November are to use the wii fit plus a minimum of 30 minutes, 6 times a week. I will be switching up between cardio/strength training and yoga. I will also be playing wii sports and other games as exercise as well.

I've done great since starting the wii last Sunday - I have lost almost 4 lbs! I couldn't believe it. But, I know it is because I got on track with both food & exercise, after taking way too long of a break.

Have a great day everyone!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I would like to join. I have the Wii fit and want to get the plus as soon as possible.

My goal is to do 30 minutes 4 days a week
  • jam0525
    Options
    Welcome Tinkered, Smadag1, Tangib! - Glad you will be joining us.

Tangib- Yes, everyone in Canada should have a Wii! I've visited Canada twice: once in the summer and once in the winter. I must say I had a great time on both trips. Until you get your Wii feel free to check in with us and let us know what your up too.

We need to pick a check in day. Anybody have any ideas?

Good luck today to everyone on our food choices, staying healthy and getting our excercise in.

JAM
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    I am going to aim for 20 minutes 3 times a week. I go to the gym to swim and do water aerobics 5-10 times a week but I want to be committed to using my WII fit to do yoga, balance, and some strength training. If I don't go to the gym 2 times a day(Mon.-Fri.), I want to use my WII at least once that day and at least once on Saturday and Sunday. I hope by posting my intentions I will be more motivated to follow through. I am only going to the gym once today so I am going to get on my WII for at least 20 minutes today but hopefully 30 minutes. Have a great day!:smile:
  • judithwelch
    judithwelch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well.

I can commit to:
    Free step: 30 minutes 3x a week
    Boxing/ other cardio : 30 minutes 3x a week

Also I don't have the Fit Plus or a HRM. How is the best way to calculate and enter in the calories burned?

291116.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I did 33 minutes last night most of it was strength

What is the free step yall keep talking about
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Free Step is in the Aerobic section and you can just step on and off and switch to regular TV while you are doing it. I usually do 30 minutes while watching House. :) And I bought a riser for the board so I am stepping about 5 inches.
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Free Step is in the Aerobic section and you can just step on and off and switch to regular TV while you are doing it. I usually do 30 minutes while watching House. :) And I bought a riser for the board so I am stepping about 5 inches.

is the riser actualy designed for the wii? that would be good to get
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I did my 1/2 hour of wii fit last night. I love the running... I did the long distance:island map. It usually takes me 6 mins, so I was very excited when in the 2nd run, I made it in 5 mins, for the first time! I was so excited! And exhausted, lol. I also did kung fu, boxing and hula hoops. After that, DH and I decided to play a new game that I bought yesterday, but we couldn't really get it to work :cry: It just seemed like the sensors wouldn't always work or something. It was weird. Oh well, returned it today for something different.

Have a great day, and good luck with your exercise! :flowerforyou:
  • jam0525
    Options
    I would like to join as well.

I can commit to:
    Free step: 30 minutes 3x a week
    Boxing/ other cardio : 30 minutes 3x a week

Also I don't have the Fit Plus or a HRM. How is the best way to calculate and enter in the calories burned?

291116.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jam0525
    Options
    OK, I did the quote thingy wrong.........

"Also I don't have the Fit Plus or a HRM. How is the best way to calculate and enter in the calories burned? "

If you search the internet quite a few places have calculated the calories out. Once you find what your looking for you can add it to MFP as a custom excercise.

I use 6 calories per minute for aerobics and 4 for yoga. It varies with your weight so I try to focus more on the number of minutes and being consistant about excercising a certain number of days a week.

JAM