Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus Team for November

Options

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Did 25 minutes lasy night. The more I do it the more I am starting to enjoy it.
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! :flowerforyou:

I didn't get a chance to do any exercise on the wii last night:ohwell: But, I will make sure to be doing some tonight! I am very happy with my wii workout - I ended up losing 3 lbs this week (according to my real scale - I will do the wii weigh in tonight)

I hope everyone has a great day! Keep up the great work!
  • kkat631
    kkat631 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We own a Wii, but only have the EA sports. Some of you are mentioning step aerobics....is that on the Wii Fit?
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Curvy - yes I got it online and it is made for the Wii board. I really intensifies the step aerobics. KKat - Yes the step aerobics is on the Wii fit & plus. Good stuff with the riser board.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I've been managing to do my 30 minute free step every night this week so far, but I haven't done any strength or yoga in weeks. Maybe tomorrow morning I can squeeze some in.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

JAM
  • smadag1
    Options
    Did 15 minutes last night after I did the shred. That is 3 nights this week for me. I am taking tonight off because my bad ankle is acting up.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Hi! I'm Holly. I just got the Wii Fit. Haven't really used it much yet. My daughter really LOVES it.

I'd like to join you. I'm having some minor health challenges right now. So I will start with a small goal. 30 minutes of Step every day. OK, thats not that small,lol, but I can do that. I'll start today.

Thanks
    Holly
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    I have Wii Fit, love it but not the yoga on it, moves too slow so I do the free step and boxing!! Need to get wii fit plus, I've heard the yoga is much better on that, is it true?

free step
    30 min 2x a week

boxing
    15 min 2x a week

I am also doing a weight loss boot camp 60 min 3x a week, which is a hard core work out, min 500 cal. burn!!!

293731.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tangib
    tangib Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome Tinkered, Smadag1, Tangib! - Glad you will be joining us.

Tangib- Yes, everyone in Canada should have a Wii! I've visited Canada twice: once in the summer and once in the winter. I must say I had a great time on both trips. Until you get your Wii feel free to check in with us and let us know what your up too.

We need to pick a check in day. Anybody have any ideas?

Good luck today to everyone on our food choices, staying healthy and getting our excercise in.

JAM

Thank you JAM!! I wish it were Christmas already! It's been a long time since I felt like a kid wishing for Christmas to get here! I usually get excited for my kids, but not for myself..heehee! I'll keep checking back! Thanks again!

Tanya
  • jam0525
    Options
    I can't wait for Christmas either to get my Wii Fit Plus. The yoga takes forever to do. I've heard and read that the Fit Plus let's you do routines without all the back and forth in and out of each excercies. I mostly just do the Free Step any more as it allows others to watch TV while I'm excercising. I need to burn more calories per day to get out of this slump I'm in.

Have a great day everyone!

JAM
  • bethgames
    Options
    I have used the Google pedestrian map to map out a 5 mile walk through town. I think I am going to move up to that this week. Unless it rains, then it is home to the trusty Wii. I still check in regularly to get weighed and all that jazz.
  • smileydays
    smileydays Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone.

I use Wii Fit and I sincerely hope it isn't too late to start this group. I use wii fit and my fitness coach for the wii and am hoping to use ea active soon.

My goals for November are:
    Use Wii Fit 3 times a week, 30 minutes a day, focusing on aerobics and balance games.
    Lose at least 3 pounds this month.
    Use My Fitness Coach everyday for at least 15 minutes.

These seem realistic to me because that's what I've been doing for the last week. I just need to stick to it for the 25 days left of November. I am hopeful and optimistic.

I will post my high scores on here, when I come by them for Wii Fit.

Other than that, take care. I hope to hear from you all soon.
    -C.
  • smileydays
    smileydays Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey guys..
    I just did Wii Fit, and I worked out for 31 minutes. 29 were all aerobic, including step aerobics (advanced step as well as basic step), Island Map Run, Short Run, Hula hoop advanced etc. Now, my question is...
    What is the highest burn rate you can get on running? Today I got a burn rate of 180%. I was surprised at how high that was! Let me know your high scores.

I hope all is well and you are are having fun.
  • bethgames
    Options
    Hi Smileydays - welcome. I cant help on running because I dont run, only step.

Ok everyone, I am NOT happy. I got on the dang Wii last night and it told me I gained .9 pounds!!! That dang this has stayed up and down the same flippin' pound for 8 days. I am getting frustrated. My food says that I am well within my calories and fat....what the heck is going on?????
  • smadag1
    Options
    I don't use the scale on the Wii to weigh in with because the carpet can change your weight from day to day.

I reset all my options wednesday because it was so out of wack.
    Has anyone used the Golds gym cardio. I want the game and am wondering if any of you have used it and what you can tell me about it.
  • bethgames
    Options
    I would be interested in getting info on that as well. I could use something a bit different.
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am going to buy it today if I can find it. I will let you know
  • jam0525
    Options
    Beth- Don't use the Wii Fit scale. I don't think it is as accurate as we need it to be.

As far as running goes- I don't remember my top score, but I do know it was above 108%. I'm not sure what the top range is.

I need to do something more than just 30 minutes free step every night. I might try the Fitness Coach again. It seems like many people use it.

Welcome everyone new!

We need to pick a check in day. Anybody have a preference? If not, let's check in on Mondays for the prior week?

Of course posting daily helps, but at least we will have a set way to check our progress.

JAM

PS: I've had a bad 2 days on calorie intake. I'm getting over being sick and the nurses at work are making it difficult. They keep bringing me dark chocolate and telling me it will make me feel better. lol
  • bethgames
    Options
    I walked 10 miles saturday, the scale finally went down. But then I went to the bar saturday night for a friends birthday party and drank WAY too much. then sunday I felt bad and ate bad to make myself feel better. :( Oh well. The Wii scale may not be perfectly accurate, but that chart with all those check ins and that downward trend sure do keep me motivated. I love it!!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I got the Gold's gym cardio I am enjoyed my first workout with it. I didi 30 minutes on Saturday and my heart rate was deffinatly up. I am going to work that into my regular rotation now just to mix it up a little.