Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus Team for November

Options

Replies

• demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    I have wii fit and wii fit plus...is there a challenge, or are you guys just posting what you did for the day? I started with a routine yesterday. did 45 minute...burned 205 calories LOL I actually enjoyed doing it! :)

~Toni
  • demezat
    Options
    I LOVE the hula hoops!!!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Should we do a burn rate for one of the run excercises for this week's challenge?

I finally did strength and yoga over the weekend- 40 minutes to do everything I can do. I excercised every day last week and did 30 minutes free step 6 times plus the strength/yoga day.

Smadag1- Your right to mix it up. Doing the same thing is so boring. My goal for this week is do mix it up and do something a little different.

Beth- Gratz on the 10 mile walk!

JAM
  • demezat
    Options
    Hey I just got finished with my workout with the wii fit plus....got a little carried away...LOL I burned 260 calories after 1 hour and 8 minutes...hehehe....I swear it is too much fun!! :bigsmile:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Weekly checkin-

I never heard back on what day everyone wanted to check, so I thought I'd just start.

I met my goal on the number of days and minutes, but did not make my goal on doing strength/yoga twice. (just did 1 day of it)

I hope to do better starting tomorrow.

My food choices were OK and I managed to stay in my calories, but I did have to use my excercise calories almost everyday.:grumble:

JAM
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have been hitting my goal of 75 minutes of exercise 6 days a week, but Saturday I went over my calories enough to make up for the whole dang week!. Hopefully, the constant exercise will mitigate some of that overindulgence.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I did 15 minutes of Wii fit plus about 30 minutes of Golds gym cradio yesterday
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    I still have not gotten on my WII this month yet. I am so lazy on Saturdays and Sundays and those are the days I am trying to get on because I don't go to the gym. Yesterday I went to the gym only once and instead of getting on my WII, I took my son (that's in a wheelchair) for 1.5 hour walk. We had an unseasonably warm day yesterday here in Green Bay, WI. It felt great being outside. :happy: Today is another nice day and will probably take my son for another walk but not as long. I was tired when I finally made it home.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Angie- This is just a suggestion when I saw where your from (cold weather area. lol). The free step on the wii is just a 1 inch stepping up and down. If you don't get your week soon, you could just get a piece of scrap wood, but it on the floor and step on and off of it. I use to do that years ago to get in shape for skiing in the winter. It works just fine.

Beth- hang in there. I bet your bad days now aren't anywhere near as bad as your bad days before you started with MFP and trying to loose weight. Bad days are part of life, we need to learn to live with them and live through them.

Have a great evening all,

JAM
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm almost six week post-partum and ready to lose this baby weight!

My goal is:
    AT LEAST 30min of walking or running 4x a week
    Yoga/Strength Training 4x a week

I ordered the Wii Fit Plus CD and it should be in next week! I can't wait to see whats new!
  • bethgames
    Options
    Congrats on the baby and being ready to lose the weight. I am 494 weeks post-partum and I am still struggling. I gained 2.5 pounds since Saturday. I cant seem to get a handle on things. I havent been pigging out or anything, just a bit too much EVERY day. Having a hard time stopping when my calories are done for the day. I seem to want just a bit more.
  • jam0525
    Options
    klouttit- congrats on the new baby! Your right to start right away to loose the baby fat. Welcome and good luck.

Beth- It's probably not really a weight gain. 2.5 x3k is an awful lot of extra calories. Drink lots of water and you will probably be back where you were last week. Hang in there.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    Beth- May I ask-what diet are you on? What is your daily calorie goal?

JAM
  • plumppeach28
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my wii fit plus!!! It's fun.. up to date, has SO much more than the regular wii fit and you can do it in your own home! The yoga and aerobics are my fav!!
  • bethgames
    Options
    Jam-I am doing 1200 calories a day plus my exercise calories. Last night I was bad again...I dont know what is wrong with me. I did 2 - 30 minutes of freestep but then ate a bunch of bagel chips. probably 1000 calories worth......
  • demezat
    Options
    Hi...I did a wii fit plus routine this morning. Took me 56 minutes, and burned about 251 calories. I'm trying very hard to do something everyday. The wii fit is so fun its hard not to do it everyday LOL I like putting it on the routines so I don't have to point click and find something to do, it just kind of rolls along so I odn't have to stop. I skipped yesterday because the kids were out of school for Veterans day (we live on a military base) and it was raining so I couldn't make them go outside LOL just took it easy and tried not to stress about anything. As far as my deit goes, I'm doing the 1200 a day, however, its not working out real well for me LOL I do so good all day then at night I get the munchie...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far! :drinker:
  • bethgames
    Options
    Yep, thats the worst time. After dinner and before bedtime. I can be so good all day and work out hard....then BAM out creep those munchies. Someone wire my jaw shut. Today, I am going to walk 5 miles and then do a 30 minute freestep later tonight. Again with the penance........**sigh**
  • jam0525
    Options
    Beth- Up your calories to 1300 calories a day and plan a 100 calorie snack for after dinner. If you stick to 1200 the rest of the day, reward yourself! Reward yourself everyday with something. There are so many 100 calorie snack packs these days, it's hard to choose. For me it's the 100 calorie ice cream cups. I have one almost every day. This is a lifestyle change, not just a diet. We can't go the rest of our lives without a beer or ice cream or M & M's or............................the list is endless just like our journey. Also, check your calories by the week as a double check on things.

Hang in there and pray for the Wii Fit Plus.

Jeannie
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'd like in, if I'm not too late!

I just got my WiiFit (plus) last week and I love it!!! I love that it times you, tells you how many calories, etc.
    I did 20 mins, and then 30 mins of Steps while watching tv yesterday! I feel like I can actually work out a bit now! Yoga is also so great!

My goal is to do steps at least 5 times a week, and at least 30 mins a day, its only one short shows worth! Im sure I can go way over that when I actually do get going though!

Oh and hula. I love the Hula plus. I did 10 mins of it yesterday! Man it was hard but I got through it pretty good. I think I'll put at least 6 mins of hula on my goal too! I can fell my abs actually working too! lol
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hailey- Welcome!

It really sounds like the Fit Plus is great. We are always wondering if we guesstimate the calories correctly on the regular one. It sounds like they made a lot of good changes.

I bet you will exceed your goals too once you get going.

Welcome and good luck.

I finally made my strength/yoga goal and did that twice so far this week. I haven't missed a day in 3 weeks now and hope it will pay off at my next weigh in.

Have a great day everyone!