Go grocery shopping before showering??

Options

Replies

• EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have..My gym ( before I learned they closed it without notice) was across the street from Walmart, and I have gone right after a workout to pick up groceries sweaty and all..lol..Its not like I go out looking for men or whatever..Saves a trip and gas!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I have..My gym ( before I learned they closed it without notice) was across the street from Walmart, and I have gone right after a workout to pick up groceries sweaty and all..lol..Its not like I go out looking for men or whatever..Saves a trip and gas!

and I bet you were still the most attractive person in Walmart
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I workout at home so I shower right after but I go food shopping in gross sweats with no makeup on all the time. If I didnt workout athome I'd probably o to the store unshowered.
  • Halcyon3608
    Halcyon3608 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ha! My first job with my current employer had me doing primitive camping on an island for a week at a time. I lived off of those instant meals that you add boiling water to, and I'd be jonesin' so hard for fresh vegetables when I got back to the mainland that I'd head straight from the dock to the grocery store to buy myself one of those big boxes of mixed greens, a bell pepper, an avocado, some mushrooms, tomatoes... and this after not having showered for 7 DAYS, in the summer, walking 10 miles a day! Wild horses could not have kept me from my veggies, let alone judgmental fellow shoppers. I say, go run your errands - maybe throw a hat on and change into a dry shirt, but you should feel proud of how hard you worked out!
  • CoffeeJunkieMann
    CoffeeJunkieMann Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hell yes.
    The grocery store is literally 2 doors down from the Gym
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    yes, all the time! It's on the way home from the gym and I'm usually in too much of a hurry to take a change of clothes with me. I don't really give a rats a$s what others think of me in my gym clothes, all sweaty. I still look cute ;)
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I get ready just in case I ever run into an ex. This happened this weekened and I looked so hot he wanted me back and I said Hell NO!!!!
    True story
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Psh, if someone is standing so close to me that they can smell my sweat/bo they deserve what they get. :noway:
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I do it...I work out in between a split shift and go back to work before washing my hair. The kids on my bus don't shower after gym to HA to them! I smell as nasty as some of them do! lol My hair is still semi dry after some workouts so I just slop it up in a bun...as for errands, I don't wanna walk around in AC with sopping wet hair and I'm trying to stay away from my hair dryer and flat iron for a while lol.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    THIS is my Saturday routine during the school year....

Wake up
    Kill my workout
    Go to Publix
    Go home and shower

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!!!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    nope! i stink way to much to go in public after a work out
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    go to Publix all the time after the gym. :laugh:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals. Sometimes a certain grocery store can be conducive to meeting singles, and if you're single and looking to mingle, then yes, you are going to want to look good.

If you're not looking to be social at the grocery store, then you can go in any state. Sweaty, disheveled, it will work!
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    my car doesn't currently have air conditioning so i need a shower ANYWAY when i'm running errands. i definitely don't plan to meet the love of my life in my local grocery store so i don't mind looking a mess. definitely more important to me to economize my time in my furnace of a car any time i go out haha

But that is when you will meet him. Fate works that way. And besides he could potentially have seen you at your worst and if he still asks you out its because of something he saw that he liked.

Anyway- I do it frequently.And I do not get in and out quickly. I take like and hour plus if its a full week of shopping. And I see many people from the Y I just left there too.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if I'm the only one who goes to the grocery store or other errands right after leaving the gym (while still sweaty)? I don't like hauling all my stuff to the gym to shower. Takes too much time and thought. Today I went to Publix right after and an employee said "U must have either had a hard w/o or u got caught in the rain". Any other sweaty shoppers out there? :)

I thought everyone did this! :laugh:

My husband and I love to go backpacking. We always go out for pizza/burgers/beers at the end of our trips - without showering first - usually on the way home from wherever we've been hiking. So, going to the grocery store after a workout is nothing! haha
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Whichever store all the hot and sweaty women are going to please let me know....strictly for public health reasons ;)
  • ancarignan
    Options
    I am doing the same thing, the gym is next to the grocery, I hate taking a shower at the gym, so they have to see me sweaty!
  • mcedes02
    mcedes02 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I walk a mile and half to the grocery store as part of my workout. So yep...I'm pretty sweaty!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals. Sometimes a certain grocery store can be conducive to meeting singles, and if you're single and looking to mingle, then yes, you are going to want to look good.

If you're not looking to be social at the grocery store, then you can go in any state. Sweaty, disheveled, it will work!

Lol, are those bananas in your basket or are you just happy to see me? :love:
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    All the time! My gym is right across the street from the commissary. I go in with my gym bag and headphones still on. I usually carry around my water bottle too. I usually have limited time alone/car time(we share one) so I make the most of it. :)