Replies

• suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    for sure...grocery store, library, coffee shop etc
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    LOL! I go grocery shopping after because I can't sweat to save my life. If I am soaking in sweat I would have to shower.... it's just something I can stand for too long. :P
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I go after I work out and my hair is damp and pulled back (which looks really bad on me). So far I haven't run into anyone I know while looking like that....but now I probably will since I mentioned it!
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Heck yah - I do this all the time! We like fresh veggies so I typically stop into the store 3 or 4 times a week.... ALWAYS after the gym, in my sweaty workout clothes... I dont care what people think... at least I was working on my fitness and am working on eating healthy foods.... never had a problem.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I used to run on my lunch break but didn't have a gym or lockerroom to clean up in. I would sit at my desk until I "dried up" and then go put my work clothes back on!

Now, I'll go for a long run on the weekend and, if I've gone to the trails, I'll stop and knock some errands out in my running clothes. Sweat and all. I don't really care what people think.

Even when I clean myself up, I don't measure up to the snooty, polished, well coifed standards around my little town. So, might as well be super gross when I hit up Target!!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i use my bicycle for everything. I'm always a sweaty wreck, but I don't like to leave the house without showering, even though I sometimes do. I prefer to be put-together, at least a little, before I go anywhere.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    "KICK ROCKS!" If I do go shopping after the gym, Im going all funk-d-fied. too bad- im not going near a gym shower (reminds me of thoes prision movies lol) besides it dosent make any sense to me to take a shower, go shopping then go home to take a shower the right way and shave my legs, wash my hair etc. So I see lots of peole do it too, It has never bothered me one bit. :huh:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    OH HELL YES!

I Freaking LOVE Me some embarassing sweaty shopping. It's my most gross guilty pleasure.
    I giggle the whole time.

And that way my cart full of veggies and yogurt and popcorn doesn't get questioned.
    :laugh:
  • SaintOnEarth
    Options
    I can go grocery shopping right after a workout. One weird thing I do is shower before I go to the gym. I can't leave work and go right to the gym.. I HAVE to shower lol.. I know it is weird.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Last week I hit the grocery store when a CardioBox or Zumba class let out from the gym next door. I stayed away from fresh produce and meat products they needed...
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm another sweaty shopper, but like so many others, my gym is across the street from the grocery store. Kind of funny and related to this: I used to shop at Walmart, which is technically closer to my house than the grocery store is, but over the last year or so, I've made the switch to shopping at the regular grocery store. When I do make the occasional Walmart run, I'm astonished by the people there - the manners, the average sizes, everything. Was it that bad when I DID shop there and I just was immune to it? Anyway, I think a healthy-but-sweaty fellow shopper at the grocery store is better than about 80% of the folks who shop at our local Walmart - at least the gym-go'ers are sweaty for a reason! (If I was extra stinky one day, though, no, I'd go home and shower first - sweat's okay, stink is not.)

:wink:
  • aligatah
    aligatah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The grocery store, Wal Mart, Home Depot, Sam's Club, etc. are between my gym and my house, so I absolutely run errands right after working out!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I do my weekly grocery shopping right after the gym every Monday morning. My gym and grocery store are in the same shopping center.
  • MissLynne10
    MissLynne10 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If I'm already out and not planning to leave the house later I'll get my shopping done, as long as I don't smell horrible, which rarely happens. It's not hard to tell when someone just got done at the gym, so most people probably won't think you look weird.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    One of the grocery stores that had really good deals was located right next to my gym, and about 6 miles from home. Buying groceries before going to the gym would mean my food sitting in a hot car for an hour. I won't shower at the gym, and I'm not driving home, showering, then driving back again, so...yes, sometimes I went shopping when I was rather sweaty and gross.

Now that I work out from home, it's not an issue.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. I'll make a quick stop to get gas or hit the store. If there's more than a couple things on my list - ill shower at the gym.
  • marrizia
    marrizia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes, absolutely, and without a second thought!
    Pretty much the only place I won't go is to my son's school- teenagers are mortified enough by their parents when they look normal :)
    On second thought....I could use that as a threat!!!
  • davenportk83
    davenportk83 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah!!! My entire family just hit the grocery store after leaving the gym :-) We definitely wear our sweat with pride!!! Such a small town that our gym is surrounded by drugstores, dollar stores and grocery stores so I suppose they are accustomed to seeing us "get our sweat on."
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    If I have a lot of shopping to do, I'll bring a change of clothes, slap on another layer of D.O for the B.O., and get my shopping done. If it's just a few things, I go just like I am. By the time I get to the store, I'm usually not sweating anymore. I carry D.O. and some light spray in my bag at all times, anyway :-)
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yep! Seeing as the grocery store is right next to the gym, it just makes sense! :)