About to give up and just accept im fat

Options
I been on this sight a month...I Thought i lost 5 Lbs...I Guess not im 192 I Started out at 194.
I Have been under my cal intake, My diary is opean if you wish to see it.
I Do cardio, Yoga and pilates and i see nothing.
I ve lost inch off my waist and thigh.
I Just feel like im never going to losse weight.
Im so sick of crying over this.
Maybe i should accept that im fat and move on.
What am i doing wrong...

Replies

• kayteekay94
    Options
    NO! DO NOT GIVE UP. Give it another month and if you're in the same boat, go see a doctor and see if something else might be affecting you. Stay strong, add me!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Your diary does not seem to be open.
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    your diary's not open love, i'll for sure take a look at it for you if you open it :)

you'll be ok, we can help you out i promise!
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open just so you know.. great job on losing an inch of your waist and thighs! This isn't a fast road. Losing weight takes patience unfortunately and I'm sure you don't really want to just accept that you're fat do you?

Well being you thought you lost 5lbs are you weighing yourself everyday? Weight fluctuates so much from day to day. If you are staying at your calorie goal AND eating exercise calories back you are on the right path!

You losing an inch means more then a few lbs on the scale. A few more inches and you will be in a new size of pants you know..
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i like to think about how long it took to put on the weight and that taking it off will take just as long if not longer. it is definitely hard work and will not happen fast. i think once you accept that it is a lifestyle and takes more than a month, you will begin to notice little changes here and there and then it gets easier :)

you do not have to accept being fat, no one does. you can become who you want to be, just stay focused. you can do this.
  • LetGo4good
    Options
    Hang in there! I felt like that and then the weight started coming off especially when I exercised more and my overall mood changed for the better. too. You can do it!
  • katie101686
    Options
    Don't give up! You are still making progress! It doesn't happen overnight! Give it time and you will get there! The fact that you are trying means you're past the hardest part. Plus, don't just look at the weight, look at your health! If you stick with it I promise you will start making *healthier* eating choices, and losing weight will be a nice side-effect! Weight is not the only thing to look at either. Before the pounds, you will notice things shifting in good ways. Stick with it girl! We are all here for you!!:tongue:
  • Sftballshorty14
    Options
    I was in the same boat until this morning. Just some advice that i was given drink way more water at the least 6 cups a day the more the better. Keep you carbs under 100 if you can 75. And watch your sodium as well as calories. I see a lot of quick added calories and that's not good even if it isn't to the tee of what it is find something same in calories carbs sodium etc so you can actually see you total numbers not just calories. And even though you have the calories to eat out fast food etc try to stay away from it more chicken turkey burgers fruit and veggies has worked for me hope it helps. :)
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    My diary is now opean but inore today i have nt ate much due to stress and sleeping all day.
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You need to stop putting in quick calories so you can get your macros in order.. What are they? You also should be eating over MFP recommended protein. Some days you ate as little as 25g. You should be around 100g. Also make sure you are tracking your sugars.. But i think your culprit is the quick add calories.. are you guesstimating these?
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hey, you have had a loss! Things are on the right track! Try to view the changes you are making as a permanent lifestyle change. Find an exercise you love, eat healthily and small portions, but don't let yourself be hungry and miserable. You will find some thing which works for you.

If you give up, weight is likely to creep up slowly over the years until things get really bad. If you stick to it, you will go in the other direction, even if it is slow. I put on about 2 pounds a year from age 20 to age 37. Add in a few pregnancies n I had nearly 50 pounds to lose, but if I had have just kept those two pounds off each year, I would have been slim all that time. Those 2 pounds you lost are important!

It look me 13 month to lose 44 pounds, but I hit my goal weight and I feel great.

Good luck. Feel free to add me!
  • SRQcourtney
    SRQcourtney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You took the first and hardest step, by trying and using this site. Result can be hard to see at first. Don't just use the scale to track your progress. Muscle and fat weigh different so don't be discourage by the number on the scale. I agree with another post. Stick to it another month and if you aren't seeing any change, consult a doctor to find the underlying cause.

On another note, are you feeling better, sleeping better, or have more energy. Beside weight loss, eating right and exercising has MANY benefits! Keep it UP!!!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    the beginning is the hardest... water weight fluctuates. Have you taken measurements? They are a better indicator of your progress. We are all cheering for you!!
  • skimbrough28
    skimbrough28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Don't give up...lets be honest for a moment. The truth of the matter is, it didn't take a month to put the weight on, so its not going to take a month to get if off. I have to remind myself of that many times. I understand your frustration, but you'll be angrier at yourself if you give up, gain more weight, and then this time next year try to get it all off again.
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Do not give up! You can do this! You're worth it! Your precious baby is worth it! There could be many factors for not losing weight such as sleep. Are you getting adequate sleep? Are you under a lot of stress?
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    Inches count more than what the scale says! The scale can't tell the difference between muscle and fat. Try the 20 day shred :) I have seen many amazing results with that and i'm doing it myself. All the levels are free on youtube :) Also make sure you drink enough water! a couple days for drinking 8 glasses a day and i dropped 3lbs of water weight~. But remember to eat at least 1200 cals a day or else you will go into starvation mode and your body will hold on to everything you put in it!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Please don't stop trying.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Don't give up! Try tweaking your goals if this is making you miserable. What has been working for me is setting my goal to .5 lbs a week. I've actually been losing closer to 1.5 a week since I switched it!

Try switching up your workouts, add in some more strength training, try changing your cardio up.

Set some nsv goals- that's non scale victories. Mine are a combo of fitness related (completing 50 pushups in a row, doing even just one unassisted chin up and running a full 5k), fitting into smaller sizes AND losing weight. Having something attainable all the time has helped me stay motivated.

Open up your diary and I'm sure a lot of us will be glad to take a peak and critique it, just don't give up!
  • JenRei87
    JenRei87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Giving up is going to take away the little progress you have, sure it not what you want but it's something. It takes time and dedication LOTS of time, being fit it's not a temporary commitment, its a change of life, you need to change everything. It takes years but its worth it, in total counting the 16 pounds I've lost with this site, I've lost 50 pounds. I went from a size 18 to a size 10. Guess what, it took me two years! So don't give up, no one said getting fit was gonna be easy, they just said it was gonna be worth it! :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds in the last year. Slow and steady does not hurt. And, you lost weight this month through your efforts... so you're doing better than if you had sat on your *kitten* and done nothing.

However, we all have to give up once or twice before we stop putting unrealistic goals on ourselves... eventually you'll come to understand that healthy, lifelong weight loss is not rapid, and it's the long-term health goals that matter more than the number on the scale.