About to give up and just accept im fat

Options

Replies

• JuliexAnne
    Options
    It doesnt seem like you are doing anything wrong. You are probably losing inches. Don't give up. If you feel a difference in your clothes, that's what matters. I am doing weight watchers and they tend to get your caught up in weight and numbers, if your clothes are getting bigger, it's inches. Don't fret! Keep doing what you are doing! :smile:
  • stephyj528
    stephyj528 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    AT LEAST YOU DIDNT GAIN..a pound lost is a pound lost. you have to get your head in it too. slow and steady wins the races an if you look at other posts it took some people over a year or even 2 yrs to lose 40-50lbs. i dont encourage comparing yourself but just to put it in perspective. BREATHEEEE
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    Do not give up! You can do this! You're worth it! Your precious baby is worth it! There could be many factors for not losing weight such as sleep. Are you getting adequate sleep? Are you under a lot of stress?

I think i have high anxety so i can never sleep when i need to.
    I use to take melatoin ( A Herbal pill that helps you sleep)
    I am getting ready to get that again.
    As for stress. Yes i am stressed to the max.
    I Am about to get a job and i been a sahm for almost ten months.
    I Am worried about that also
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, the weight didn't appear over night so it wont leave that quickly either. You might read the thread "eat. More to weigh less " that's helped me out alot
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I tried for years to lose weight and I've now (as of this morning) lost over 18kg (or 40+lbs). The only difference between all those other times and this time is that this time I haven't given up.
    Please don't give up!! It isn't a quick fix, but in a years time you'll look back and either be so happy you stuck with it or disappointed that you didn't.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You're not doing anything wrong.

You've lost 2 lbs. You've lost inches off your waist and thighs. Translation -- you're gaining muscle, which will allow you to do more.

You have a great program in place. You're doing all the right things.

I would like a peek at your diary, though.....but don't quit, you'll regret it later.

Stick with it -- it'll pay off down the road.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of processed foods. High sodium. Cut back some of the sodium, eat some fruits and veg, and drink lots of water. You can do it! I have faith in you!
  • tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    I have been on the site for 7 weeks and lost 4 or 5 pounds, but when I do a side-by-side comparison from 7 weeks ago, it looks like I've lost about 15. My clothes fit differently. My jeans are tighter in the thighs, butt and especially the calves because they have gotten bigger. I have more definition, and can see my body changing shape.

Another thing you must understand is that this takes time, a lot of time. You have to dig in your heels and keep at it. You have to put the blinders on and focus on your own weight loss. Reading about so and so's weight loss success is cool, as long as you're using it as motivation and not a comparison. Sure, they may have loss 70 pounds in seven months, but that doesn't mean it will work that way for you.

I think the only thing you need is a good healthy dose of self-confidence! So this is what you do: take a picture, leave the scale alone, lift some weights, do some cardio, eat at a deficit, and get on with getting on.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Stop doing quick add calories, possibly re-do your profile settings to track different things and set your account to a higher weight goal, that way you can slowly build up to eating less calories.
  • Meg_DeLaCruz
    Meg_DeLaCruz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Visit some threads on this list, they are inspiring. Be patient and don't just focus on the scale. This is a mentally challenging game. Learn how to be in tune with your body- love yourself regardless. You are not "fat" you're working towards a goal for health reasons, it's a journey not overnight success. If you don't believe in yourself.... It won't work. Shed the negative feeling about yourself first, and the rest will fall into place.
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    You need to stop putting in quick calories so you can get your macros in order.. What are they? You also should be eating over MFP recommended protein. Some days you ate as little as 25g. You should be around 100g. Also make sure you are tracking your sugars.. But i think your culprit is the quick add calories.. are you guesstimating these?

I Dont guess sometimes i cant find the food i eat on the data base.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    In looking at your diary, you've been over by a couple/few hundred calories for about half the days over the past 2 weeks... coupled with lots of processed foods, and possibly too little water intake and (potentially, as someone pointed out earlier, the quick-add calories that may be estimated) - this would likely explain the slow loss.

BUT dont give up!!! A loss is still a loss! I see that you want to lose 60 pounds in 8 months, which is a bit aggressive, in my opinion. Be kinder and gentler on yourself and you'll work out what works best for you and - most importantly - the weight loss will actually have changed you, rather than having been a "quick fix" that won't last.

:flowerforyou:
  • tessakwebb
    Options
    Seriously, don't give up! Think of the person you've always wanted to be and the body you've always wanted: both are in your reach! It's going to take a hell of a lot of sweat and probably a ton of tears as well, but it will be COMPLETELY worth it! The hardest part is making the decision and sticking with it for this long. No one ever regrets eating healthy or working out, but I can guarentee in three months that you will regret ever giving up!

I made a tumblr and began following all sorts of fitness blogs to give me motivation! Not only do most blogs post motivational pictures and quotes, but a lot also post recipes, fun workouts and weightloss tips. Give it a try- it's extremely addicting and incredibly motivational!
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Your only hurting yourself in the end! Please....just give it time. What do you have to lose? Let me tell you my story. I began my journey at 237 lbs or heavier in June 2010. This was about 2 years after having my last child at age 37. I had a lot of baby weight and post nursing weight. I have been on meds for depression and anxiety too. Long story short....I lost my first 50lbs or so within 2 years. Yes. I said 2 years. I have kept it off too. I exercise 6-7 times a week for at least an hour. I do weight/resistance training too. I stay at 187 for nearly 6 mos and was horribly upset. I wasn't completely logging and just let myself eat freely, but never gained...just didn't lose. I came to MFP in May and didn't do it. Back in July and faithfully...started losing as I logged in and drank 96 oz of water which is about half my weight. Still working out...I have began losing inches again and weight is slowing melting off. I feel better than ever~ NOW~! Weight loss is a game and you just have to play it or lose in the end the fight.

I see by your picture that you have a baby. How old? Maybe you are stressed out...stress does not help. Also sleep...gotta have enough sleep...or that causes issues too.

sodium is a culprit too...bigger than you would think. I eat a lot of it..but I also try to monitor it.

I don't know if any of this will help. Please don't give up though. You owe it to yourself and you have time on your side.

Good Luck!

Michelle
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Gotta agree with the above -- don't do the "quick add calories". Kinda hard to see what you're doing if you do that.

Your sodium intake is through the roof. Items high in sodium will retain water.

Drink more water. Eat more fruits and vegetables -- they're low in calories, fruit will take the sugar cravings down, and veggies are always low in sodium and calories.

DO NOT SKIP MEALS. Potato chips do not constitute a "meal". Processed foods are the devil -- rule of thumb: if it comes out of a box/bag, don't eat it.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I been on this sight a month...I Thought i lost 5 Lbs...I Guess not im 192 I Started out at 194.
    I Have been under my cal intake, My diary is opean if you wish to see it.
    I Do cardio, Yoga and pilates and i see nothing.
    I ve lost inch off my waist and thigh.
    I Just feel like im never going to losse weight.
    Im so sick of crying over this.
    Maybe i should accept that im fat and move on.
    What am i doing wrong...

are you willing to accept diabetis and heart disease and always beeing depressed, always uncomfortable, and are you willing to accept the fact that you will get bigger and bigger, and risk your life all for food?
    I DONT THINK SO! you have to work!! you want it now go get it. You can do this, we all had thoes moments now push, and logg your food the right way, get the app on your phone and scann it! You will be fit- you will be healthy, you will overcome, god knows you can, and I believe in you. Dont let anyone get you down, and you cant always trust the scale, its the inches that count (your clothes will start to fall off) TRUST ME!:huh:
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You are going in the direction you want, aren't you? You are logging and paying attention to calories. You're exercising. I think the next step is to start paying attention to what foods make up those calories and if you are getting a good balance of carbs, protein, fats and other nutrients. Try some new foods, check out friend's diaries for ideas. You can do this!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    my personal opinion is to love yourself where you are at NOW. seriously, then the stress of losing weight will disappear and it will show on the scale...

been there done that. i totally understand. ADD ME GIRL! I will be your biggest cheerleader!! DON'T GIVE UP!
  • Meg_DeLaCruz
    Meg_DeLaCruz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Visit some threads on this list, they are inspiring. Be patient and don't just focus on the scale. This is a mentally challenging game. Learn how to be in tune with your body- love yourself regardless. You are not "fat" you're working towards a goal for health reasons, it's a journey not overnight success. If you don't believe in yourself.... It won't work. Shed the negative feeling about yourself first, and the rest will fall into place.
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You need to stop putting in quick calories so you can get your macros in order.. What are they? You also should be eating over MFP recommended protein. Some days you ate as little as 25g. You should be around 100g. Also make sure you are tracking your sugars.. But i think your culprit is the quick add calories.. are you guesstimating these?

I Dont guess sometimes i cant find the food i eat on the data base.

If you don't have a smart phone to scan the bar codes then go to My Foods and enter them in manually. You really need to see how many carbs, fats and so on that you are eating. And I agree with some others about all the processed foods..I wish it was an easy journey but I'm so glad I'm doing it. You will too. Give it some time and clean the eating up a bit more you WILL see the results you want =)