About to give up and just accept im fat

Options

Replies

• LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    2 lbs in one month is about 1/2 pound a week. You're doing great! And losing an inch? I didn't even notice that until my 3rd month. Now if you're sodium is a bit high, some of that could be water weight. Also weight fluctuates a lot from day-to-day Past week I think I went up one, down two, then up another until it even out again, so DON'T GIVE UP!
    And besides, the slower yoou lose the weight, the more opt you'll be to keep it off... or so I heard :smile: :flowerforyou: Don't give up, you'll regret it later
  • nekoxvampyx
    Options
    of course your not losing weight your eating pure carbs and carbs are pure sugar theres not nutrients there. also your not counting your calories to the dot. and it doesn't look like your eating enough so whenever you do eat your body is just gonna store that. try doing different exercises do more cardio , lift weights! lifting weights builds muscle and muscle speeds up your metabolism which burns fat. Don't be lazy and give up unless your really happy about being at the weight you are.
  • wrensong27
    wrensong27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!! It takes time. Plus your weight can fluctuate 2lbs or so depending on what time of day it is....Keep on trying
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    Thanks everyone who was surportive. How offen should i weigh myself?
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    of course your not losing weight your eating pure carbs and carbs are pure sugar theres not nutrients there. also your not counting your calories to the dot. and it doesn't look like your eating enough so whenever you do eat your body is just gonna store that. try doing different exercises do more cardio , lift weights! lifting weights builds muscle and muscle speeds up your metabolism which burns fat. Don't be lazy and give up unless your really happy about being at the weight you are.

I Dont have money for weights and i dont like muscle on women.
  • reid95
    reid95 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Could everyone please friend jessiiscutee !!!!!!!
  • sagittarianna
    Options
    [/quote]

I think i have high anxety so i can never sleep when i need to.
    I use to take melatoin ( A Herbal pill that helps you sleep)
    I am getting ready to get that again.
    As for stress. Yes i am stressed to the max.
    I Am about to get a job and i been a sahm for almost ten months.
    I Am worried about that also
    [/quote]

Melatonin is a hormone. Taking too much or too often will mess up your body's ability to make your own. Besides that, you are actually either taking synthetic hormone or pig hormone. I would like to suggest you look into Hylands homeopathic items 1)Calms forte to help you sleep and 2)nerve tonic, for anxiety.
    Hang in there. Don't be so hard on yourself, dear.
  • anamika59
    Options
    Hey girl, don't give up. It could be that you've lost actual fat and have gained muscle (inches lost) as muscle takes up less room than fat. Keep going and don't put too much emphasis on the scale.
  • anamika59
    Options

[/quote]

Melatonin is a hormone. Taking too much or too often will mess up your body's ability to make your own. Besides that, you are actually either taking synthetic hormone or pig hormone. I would like to suggest you look into Hylands homeopathic items 1)Calms forte to help you sleep and 2)nerve tonic, for anxiety.
    [/quote]
  • anamika59
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Try Tryptophan - not a hormone and it is not addictive.
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Woo woo whats going on here you are doing very well?

One problem is you want to loose weight too fast, as soon as you are loosing weight, why give up? is not like going that way your body will feel guilty and make you thinner faster.

Just be patient, i see your post every day and you are doing good just don't get to desperate ^^, sometimes you will weight less, sometimes more, sometimes you weight more because you are full with food or water.

Don't give up.

I recommend you weighting yourself every week or so, at the same time, in the mornings if you can, clothes off. For example, i weight myself usually every Monday morning.

If follow some advice here, you will see the scale go down, slowly but steady, one time or the other, it will go up a little, it's normal, happened to me but just said "have to do it better this week' and that's it, don't get discouraged ^^.

And by the way, don't take loosing inches very seriously, I have lost 18 pounds since I got here, and inches are not going anywhere, even so, something is going away that's no lie. And I'm 218 pounds.
  • gracef1948
    Options
    Don't lose hope. I have been at this since February '12 and lost 40 lbs so far. In my first month I did not lose much more than you just said you did. If you exercise you should try to eat more. You log your exercise and you get extra calories to "enjoy". If you eat too few calories your body may put you into starvation mode and try to hold on to the fat to keep you alive. I know it sounds strange, but I even experimented with it. I ate under my calorie goal without exercise (even though I was doing 45 min. of water aerobics 3 days a week and 4 days of cardio and weight training. Plus, I am 63 years old. During the week of being under my base calorie goal instead of trying to reach my including exercise goal...well, I ended up in a 2/10 of a pound gain. DON'T GIVE UP. Keep trying. After a while it becomes second nature. Also, what you are eating is important. There has to be a balance of protein, fiber, fats, carbs etc. That is why mfp gives you the chart. I try hard to make sure I am under my fats and carbs. I have osteoperosis so I try to keep the calcium up and I am deficient in potassium so I track that too and try to keep that up as well. There are good calories and bad ones. Try to keep the good ones and forget about the bad ones.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You could pull up your big girl panties.

It may rude, but I love this phrase. I said this last night, to another male NCO that was whining like a b!tch.
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    You really have to clean up your diet. I don't mean to be harsh, but I know that you won't get the results you want if you continue to eat fast and processed food.

There are a lot of free resources: video clips on you tube, books from the library and the forums on MFP.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options

I Dont have money for weights and i dont like muscle on women.

$3 dollars each for 3 lbs weights from walmart. Focus on reps not weight if you don't want to bulk up ^^
  • Lalo_Nyc
    Lalo_Nyc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I started at 215 in February and I am down to 185. First time in almost 10 years that I am under 200 and I am still trying hard to get to 165-170.

Again don't give up. I did not get big over night and it is the same with losing the weight, it is not going to happen over night.

My advice is to stay positive. Drink plenty of water, at least 8 glasses spread through out the day, not all in one shot.
    Shake things up a bit, load up on vegetables, fruits, ease up on carbs.
    Shake things up at the gym also. You have to do your cardio etc but try different settings on the machines; try the interval or hill setting on both the treadmill and Elliptical machines. This way you can vary the intensity of the workout, you will have an interval where you are pushing yourself hard ad then you go a slower. You can change the intensity every 3 minutes. So start slow for 3 minutes, go hard for next 3 minutes, repeat cycle. This is a routine you can do on any cardio machine and you can also increase/decrease resistance.

Try a body sculpting, zumba or yoga class; these will keep things fun and moving. You should also add a weight routine, go for light weights and watch your form. Ask a trainer to show you proper form/technique when using a machine or free weights.

You are doing great, you lost 1 pound lost an inch, pat yourself on the back because your hard work is paying off.

I wight myself every morning but only record once a week. This is really up to you.

I hope this helps,

Ed from NYC.
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that pill expensive? Cause i cant afford much.
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    Don't give up. I started at 215 in February and I am down to 185. First time in almost 10 years that I am under 200 and I am still trying hard to get to 165-170.

Again don't give up. I did not get big over night and it is the same with losing the weight, it is not going to happen over night.

My advice is to stay positive. Drink plenty of water, at least 8 glasses spread through out the day, not all in one shot.
    Shake things up a bit, load up on vegetables, fruits, ease up on carbs.
    Shake things up at the gym also. You have to do your cardio etc but try different settings on the machines; try the interval or hill setting on both the treadmill and Elliptical machines. This way you can vary the intensity of the workout, you will have an interval where you are pushing yourself hard ad then you go a slower. You can change the intensity every 3 minutes. So start slow for 3 minutes, go hard for next 3 minutes, repeat cycle. This is a routine you can do on any cardio machine and you can also increase/decrease resistance.

Try a body sculpting, zumba or yoga class; these will keep things fun and moving. You should also add a weight routine, go for light weights and watch your form. Ask a trainer to show you proper form/technique when using a machine or free weights.

You are doing great, you lost 1 pound lost an inch, pat yourself on the back because your hard work is paying off.

I wight myself every morning but only record once a week. This is really up to you.

I hope this helps,

Ed from NYC.

I really wish i had the time or money for the gym!
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Options
    Don't give up! You're in the right place. I agree with other people here who have commented that your diary could have more nutrients in it - foods that help you feel satisfied for longer so you're less likely to eat snack food, and provide good nutrition. I'd recommend more 'grunty' foods like beans, chickpeas, lentils, lean meat that hasn't been processed. There's a few lists of 'superfoods' on the internet which are interesting and useful: for example, here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-369042/The-10-super-foods.html or here: http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/superfoods-everyone-needs. They're not all expensive, for instance tinned salmon is quite good (except for the sodium) and is often on special. Spinach and silverbeet are easy to grow too.
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    You could pull up your big girl panties.

It may rude, but I love this phrase. I said this last night, to another male NCO that was whining like a b!tch.

Haha!!