From 268 to 148.. still cannot believe it!

Options
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself and share my story!

When I was pregnant, my husband and I would carpool. When I would pick him up, we would stop at McDonald's and both get 2 double cheeseburgers and a fry, and then right when we got home, we would eat dinner. Seriously! Who does that! I did that all through my pregnancy! I am so lucky to have had a healthy baby after the way I treated my body :(

The day I came home from the hospital with my baby boy, I was 268lbs. I was shocked, disgusted, and I never thought I would ever, be comfortable in my own body again. When my son was 3 months old, I started working out at the gym, I wasn't really motivated, it hurt so bad, I remember not even being able to do 10 minutes on the elliptical. Well I pushed myself, I workout at the gym a lot and seeing my numbers drop was amazing, I remember being so excited when I hit 215 and then I hit 200 and never ever thought I would ever be in the weights where 1 was the first number of the 3. But then I hit a plateau and my weight would not budge. I felt no matter what I did, my body was not changing. My best friend wanted me to join a challenge group, doing Turbo Fire. I couldn't really afford it, but then I thought about how much my weight loss and health meant to me, so I went for it. I couldn't believe how quickly I started noticing results, it was amazing. I seriously felt like fat was just melting off my body. I got below 180 OMG! I hit, 170, 160, and guess what, I got to 153lbs! I haven't weight this much for over 12 years! I have been doing workouts and home, and I have even taken up running! I could never imagine running!!! I now weigh 148 and I am still working towards my goal everyday!

I wish I knew how to post pictures on here so I could show :(

Replies

• Tweety1983
    Tweety1983 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    U look great!!! Awsome accomplishment...... I hope I can be as successful! :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    great job- very inspiring
  • 57silverfox
    57silverfox Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I started at 263, so that's inspirational for me. I would love to see the pictures.

To post them, you have to add them to a photo website, so that the image has a url. Then you use the following code to post it here. (replace the letters url.jpg with the actual web address of the photo and remove the space before the last bracket)

url
  • 69ladydi
    Options
    AWESOME! Keep up the good luck and don't give up!:happy:
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • PoliticalRN
    PoliticalRN Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow, you really motivate me. I'm stuck in a plateau and it's freaking me out! Tomorrow I'll try something different so I can get my weight loss moving. You are a great example and I wish more people would do what you did. I used to be a Trauma ICU nurse but after years of moving heavy patients I suffered an injury and had to come away from the bedside into an administrative position. I see good RNs moving on because the patients are getting heavier and heavier which means they are sicker. RNs are suffering injuries daily. it's a shame. I salute your progress!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • wjimenez10869
    Options
    Congratulations , very nice story ↖(^▽^)↗
  • darlenedmar
    darlenedmar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I bet you feel amazing! Keep it up for the rest of your life I am trying to become healthier..it is not easy but is well worth it!
  • vbgal95
    vbgal95 Posts: 5
    Options
    Such an inspiration! Congrats on your weight loss and new healthy lifestyle!
  • DERBS21
    DERBS21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I have been trying to get it right for years. I do great and then not so great. I am determined to change my life. Keep up the good work.
  • Dollydimples419
    Options
    Wow, congrats on your weight loss. You look great. Just shows that if you put your mind to something, it can be accomplished. Your story is an inspiration to me to keep working hard. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • vroberts08
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
    I am gonna try and post a couple pics here

06666.jpg
    img0056zwp.jpg
    img06560136.jpg
    [Iimg]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9433/84760075.jpg[/img]
    56215039750588259286044.jpg
    armsa.jpg
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Wow that is insane! Nice job that is crazy!
  • htndnl
    htndnl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    wow that is so motivational thanx for posting the pics :)
  • cheskax
    cheskax Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! congrats on your weightloss success!! :)
  • bellavita0125
    bellavita0125 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    HOLY MOLY! Girl you look absolutely fabulous! way to go!! :-)
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    WOW, just WOW!!!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Great job!
  • annaric
    annaric Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You look amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your story and your photos! Very inspiring! (I think I need to use a few more exclamation marks!!!!!!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!