I wear makeup to the gym

Options

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    All the girls I coach wear nice clothes to the gym. I do to. I work hard on my body. Why wear rags?

I think you're getting some negative vibes here simply because a lot of people were once or are fatter/bigger/whatever and used to hiding away in their 'safe' clothes and its a group mentality that a lot of people here are are of that size or were and identify with hiding away...

...and a lot of people who don't wear make up - fine - personal choice. Again a lot of the people who don't are plain Janes and go on about not needing it but...
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I know a guy on here who checks his wife's text messages because she wears make up to the gym.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I know a guy on here who checks his wife's text messages because she wears make up to the gym.

But she isn't really going to the gym, is she?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Didn't we have this conversation a few months ago?

External appearance can, at times, be an indication of internal motivations. However, this is not always true.

Women who are made up like barbie dolls and who spend their time at the gym posing and flirting are probably not serious about their workout.

Women who are made up but are sweating their *kitten* off on the equipment probably are serious about their workout.

It is not the appearance that one can judge, but the action.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Personally, I wear bum gym clothes. NEVER make up. And whatever.
    That said, I have no problem with otherwise. I do think it's silly, but it's not my business.
    If I'm really working hard at the gym, I don't have time to give two flips.

^Thiiiisss
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    It's OK, it will mostly get smeared on the pillow anyway.:love::smooched: :blushing: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • newcomer9
    newcomer9 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    there's some hotties at the gym, umm ya i totally would wear make up if i went to the gym lol.
  • RealMattHopkins
    RealMattHopkins Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't mind if people dress up, but I find it obnoxious when a woman steps up on the treadmil beside me reeking of body sprays that she clearly just put on to come out there. I believe no scents make good sense at the gym.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Didn't we have this conversation a few months ago?

External appearance can, at times, be an indication of internal motivations. However, this is not always true.

Women who are made up like barbie dolls and who spend their time at the gym posing and flirting are probably not serious about their workout.

Women who are made up but are sweating their *kitten* off on the equipment probably are serious about their workout.

It is not the appearance that one can judge, but the action.

This this thiis! <3
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

Hmm most of the girls I know who train who wear make up etc compete and are literally stunning all day long and like to feel pretty at the gym, even if they sweat. Don't see anything wrong with this myself... I wear clothes that show off my physique. Don't see the difference?
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I also wear leggings, wear cutesy shirts with fun sayings on them, have my nails painted, and I put on deodorant. I know that this basically is like 10 strikes in some people's opinions, but I work out after work and I could care less about washing my face.
    Just because I do these things does that make me any less serious while being there? I see alot of hate about these things. Can't we all just be encouraging? It's hard enough without MFP ppl bashing each other!

Okay, first, I totally understand the "going to the gym after work, and I just don't wash my makeup off before working out". I do this myself. Also, I don't spend alot of money on workout clothes, but I don't wear ratty t-shirts and worn out basketball shorts either. I don't think you're the type these other people are talking about. The ones they're referring to are the girls who come in to the gym ALREADY dressed in their "workout" gear (so it's obvious that they did not just come from work), then get on the tread mill at a slow walk for fifteen minutes, while chattering on their cell phone or to the person next to them the whole time. They're in the gym for less than thirty minutes and never break a sweat or get their HR elevated.

Second, for my part, it's not so much that I dislike them or that I'm "hating" on them. I just don't understand it. When I go to the gym, if I'm not soaked in sweat by the end of my workout, I don't feel like I've benefitted from being there. I hate having to go to the gym after working all day, so if I'm going to go to the trouble, I'm going to make it worth my time.

Thank you.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    If you are sweating like a pig when doing cardio you are going far to fast to burn fat. If thats your goal anyway...
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I get up early (4:45am) brush my teeth, throw my hair in a bun or ponytail, put on deodorant and i'm out the door. If I go to the gym after work I don't bother to wash it off, it looks like crap by the end of the day anyway, might as well sweat it off, I don't care what I look like at the gym, and I don't care what other people look like at the gym, too busy killin it!

I don't really think there is any point in putting makeup on to go to the gym.. its just gonna melt off haha that and I am not there to impress anyone. More power to you if you are, there can be some cuties there!

As far as clothes, I wear black shorts (knee length) and a razor back workout top. Other wise shorts and a t-shirt, could care less. Love the cute clothes though, just don't bother to buy them
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i never wear make up as im up at four am to be in the gym by five am but what ever you choose its your thing and yes i check myself out in the mirror im proud of all the hard work ive done!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup to the gym. Then I sweat it all off. And I don't care who sees me either way.
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    Options
    I wear makup too and cute clothes and I have never had anyone hate on me about it. who cares........
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Putting on makeup minutes before going to the gym OR putting it on when you get there and are in the locker room is different than putting it on for work in the a.m. and going to the gym afterwards.

There are people who do feel the need to wear makeup everywhere they go and to that I say 'to each his own' If people have issues with this...WHO CARES?!
  • FranchescaFord777
    Options
    I wear make up to the gym...more as a courtesy to others. I feel better about my self with a little mascara and eyeliner on. I don't judge people who look like they just rolled out of bed and into the gym! To each his own!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Hmm most of the girls I know who train who wear make up etc compete and are literally stunning all day long and like to feel pretty at the gym, even if they sweat. Don't see anything wrong with this myself... I wear clothes that show off my physique. Don't see the difference?

Think you missed my point.

Looking fine and working hard is great.
    Looking fine and not working out at all (while at a gym) is just vanity.
  • bullisnn82
    bullisnn82 Posts: 110
    Options
    Weather or not it's right doesn't really matter when it comes down to it - because you're gonna find rudeness everywhere you go. Confidence is like water seal on a deck - makes stuff run off. It's gonna rain, but the only way it can cause damage is if it soaks in.