I wear makeup to the gym

Options
167891012»

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I also wear leggings, wear cutesy shirts with fun sayings on them, have my nails painted, and I put on deodorant. I know that this basically is like 10 strikes in some people's opinions, but I work out after work and I could care less about washing my face.
    Just because I do these things does that make me any less serious while being there? I see alot of hate about these things. Can't we all just be encouraging? It's hard enough without MFP ppl bashing each other!

It doesn't make you less serious, but it's sure bad for your skin!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that saying that kind of goes ' if you dont look like *kitten* when you leave the gym, you aren't working hard enough' is bull****. I', pretty sure I look even better after a hard as$ work out. Sometimes I wear make up and I always wear my short Nike pro shorts with a colored tank, nails painted, and a necklace. I look cute and I stay looking cute. That doesn't mean I am not working hard, because believe me I WORK HARD.
  • zumba89
    zumba89 Posts: 82
    Options
    At least you workout. The women at my old gym had so much going on and all they did was walk around, talk to a few guys and then leave.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    I think the "hatred" is towards people who put on the make-up just to go to the gym... if you are already wearing it, that's a different story, and some people don't leave the house to go anywhere without make-up, so why would the gym be any different. But I think the negativity is aimed towards people who seem to just be trying to look cute, but hey, if someone wants to look cute and maybe meet someone at the gym, why not!? at least they know that person cares about their health!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Couldn't care less. It's people that don't want to risk ruining their makeup that irk me :P
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I hope people wear deodorant to the gym...lol.
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I also wear leggings, wear cutesy shirts with fun sayings on them, have my nails painted, and I put on deodorant. I know that this basically is like 10 strikes in some people's opinions, but I work out after work and I could care less about washing my face.
    Just because I do these things does that make me any less serious while being there? I see alot of hate about these things. Can't we all just be encouraging? It's hard enough without MFP ppl bashing each other!
    I wear makeup to the gym for exactly the same reason
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    why would that even matter?
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

I do too. A lot of times I work out right after work and I still sweat like a beast.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It's so stupid to wear MAKEUP at the GYM! How ridiculous you can't actually be putting much effort into your workout if you have to look like a pretty princess! Me, on the other hand..I don't even wash my HAIR before going to the gym, I wear dirty sweat shorts and I don't care if my legs are hairy. I don't see the point in showering before I go to the gym, I just dump a little baby powder down my underpants and walk out the door.

Just kidding, omg. Who doesn't enjoy a pretty face? I'll tell ya who...ugly people.

Ahahaa, got me good. My face was slowly turning into a grimace until you said you were kidding. LOL.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Think you missed my point.

Looking fine and working hard is great.
    Looking fine and not working out at all (while at a gym) is just vanity.

Surely its all vanity?

Why look like a bag of nails, just at the gym? Where is the logic?

Why go to the gym if you're not going to work out? Where is the logic?
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Ignore the negative opinions...that would not help you achieve your goals! In fact, looking good makes you feel good! I do the same if I missed working out at home in the morning, I go straight to the gym after work.