• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm on the "eat all the sausage" diet.

how YOU doin?
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    couldn't agree more :) I've made a couple posts similar to this lately as well.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I tried a lot of those fad diets over the years with different outcomes some great some no so great. One that sticks in my mind is the Cambridge Diet, you drink these shakes, eat this soups and lose like crazy...the problem came when I went off the diet. I gained it all back plus 20 in no time at all. Now I follow what my doctor tells me and what I feel works the best for me. It's not for everyone but it works for me.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Oh man I have the same problem with my co-workers its rediculous :explode: Everyday! do we have to go over this again...They also like to tell me how gross it is to eat what I'm eating. "Dont you want something good'? "How can you eat like that"? " You really woke up at 4am to workout - whats wrong with you"?

The other day I told one of them who is constantly giving me crap - while always complaing about her weight (she weights more than me) she thought it was funny waiving a bag of doritos in my face lol'ing bet you wish you could eat this hahaha...(I dont even like doritos):sick: I said "just wait til I hit my goal weight and your still the same we'll see how those doritos taste then, bet they leave a bad taste in your mouth" She shut up and went back to her desk. :bigsmile:
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wait? You don't have to throw a ton of money away on some magic pills or secret shakes or fairy dust to lose weight?! For reals?! Just eat healthy??? Noooooo..... :tongue:

Wait.... nobody told me about the fairy dust!!! ;)
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I've been on so many fad diets - I always lose, but then I always gain at least part of it back. The ONLY thing that really works for me is to stay off sugar, really limit alcohol, and log everything I eat and drink into MFP. It keeps me honest and accountable. This is something I can live with! :happy:
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My favorite reply after I tell someone that I exercise and eat right is "Oh, well I don't have time for that!" Let's see....I work 40-45 hours per week, go to school full time, have two kids and a husband, a house to take care of, a son that has cross country practice 5 days a week...etc. Yeah, I don't have time either....I MAKE TIME! :bigsmile:

:drinker:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    You just described my co-workers.....
    *Glances around office for a guy in shorty shorts but doesn't see him.
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I am currently eating homemade turkey/sweet potato hash while my coworkers jealously look on while eating fast food and those stupid microwave meals. Healthy clean eating baby. I'm not going back!

I'm going to make yummy noises to make them angry. :)
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    People don't know how to react when you tell them you aren't on a diet, yet you've lost 80+ lbs.

It's a simple equation. Less input + more output = less of me.

I don't eat ice cream every day, but I do enjoy an occasional cupcake.
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    To OP, great post. And so true.
    mind-blown.jpg

HAHAHA! I get this look every time I tell people I eat 6 times everyday and I have lost 15 pounds. A lot of persons are still expecting a magic pill or cream to get in shape.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm on the "eat all the sausage" diet.

FR?? :love: :blushing: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    none!! Just enjoyed some Italian farro and blue cheese on my salad for lunch. What?? Carbs and fat?? Why - yes!
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My coworkers are totally the same way! I work in a daycare center, so we have a cook that is always preparing meals for the kids...ya know, sugary cereals, delicious but high calorie entrees (we don't do processed food like chicken nuggets), etc. I always bring myself a lunch that I know is just as good, but better for me. My coworkers couldn't believe that I was eating my "rabbit food" as they call my veggies instead of the stuff we're offered along with the children.

Every time one of them asks what diet, I tell them the counting calories and making a lifestyle change diet. It's inspired a couple of them to start with me, on MFP no less. They figure if I've lost weight with lifestyle change, so can they :)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Yup so true!!

And good for you to avoid those temptations, it is hard.... but as I try to tell myself 'it's easier to have none than to stop at one'
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wait? You don't have to throw a ton of money away on some magic pills or secret shakes or fairy dust to lose weight?! For reals?! Just eat healthy??? Noooooo..... :tongue:

Okay, no one told me about the fairy dust. I need to know where to get it. Is it on the shelf next to the Sensa?

;-)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Im trying my hand at alchemy. Basing my carb intake on moon phases so I can convert fat to muscle. Its OK to be jealous. :glasses:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I agree. However, I find it very frustrating that the way of eating that works for ME, that I discovered years and years ago, is now suddenly popular and a few people on MFP are accusing me of being on a "fad" diet. Well, then I guess I started the fad. NOT. :)
  • emmagallo
    Options
    I get the same thing all the time! My co-workers have officially labeled my diet the "Broccoli Diet" simply because I incorporate broccoli in almost all of my meals. Its not a diet... Its a way of life! I eat to live... Not live to eat. And yes, I still have my cake and eat it too! =)