Which fad diet are you on???

Options

Replies

• MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    The funny thing is once they hear you're doing it through hard work and determination, they are no longer interested...LOL
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    So true!!!! It's learning proper nutrition, proper portions, how many calories you require a day, and moderation!!! It's not a fad or temporary fix. It's a lifestyle!!!!!!!!!! And yes....I eat a treat every single day! I love the skinny cow ice cream products!!!......100 calories for most of their truffle bars and 150 for their cones!!!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    The other day I told one of them who is constantly giving me crap - while always complaing about her weight (she weights more than me) she thought it was funny waiving a bag of doritos in my face lol'ing bet you wish you could eat this hahaha...(I dont even like doritos):sick: I said "just wait til I hit my goal weight and your still the same we'll see how those doritos taste then, bet they leave a bad taste in your mouth" She shut up and went back to her desk. :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

Win! :flowerforyou:
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've tried the fad thing in the past. None of them worked long term. Anything that doesn't allow you to have the foods you love is doomed to failure. I'll even partake of carbs!
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Im trying my hand at alchemy. Basing my carb intake on moon phases so I can convert fat to muscle. Its OK to be jealous. :glasses:

^^^ Let us know how this works out for you! :drinker:
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wait!! What do you mean?!? :huh: lol
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    YES!!

People just don't get it when they see a dramatic body change and the answer to "How?" is "By moving my body a lot more and moving my fork a lot less."

What is it about humans that makes us so much more comfortable with being told what to do than asking ourselves what's right? Must be a blame thing. If YOU tell me I'll lose 25 pounds if 10 days by eating only organ meats and rutabagas and I don't, then it's YOUR fault and not mine ...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'm going to continue eating less of what I like while keeping it healthy AND having a lovely lager or two on a regular basis.

Thanks for the chuckle!

:drinker:
  • HeinzPrincess
    Options
    This topic is awesomeness!

I lost 43 pounds on a fad diet, gained 13 back, and now I switched over to the MFP lifestyle.

So the funniest part is all of the people that saw me lose weight *dieting* now think I'm cheating and several have told me, Well, it's good that you're going to maintain your weight loss counting calories and exercising

Maintain? I am crushing this!!
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The other day I told one of them who is constantly giving me crap - while always complaing about her weight (she weights more than me) she thought it was funny waiving a bag of doritos in my face lol'ing bet you wish you could eat this hahaha...(I dont even like doritos):sick: I said "just wait til I hit my goal weight and your still the same we'll see how those doritos taste then, bet they leave a bad taste in your mouth" She shut up and went back to her desk. :bigsmile:

[/quote]

Awesome!! My sister in law always says that I can't have this or that because I am on a diet. :explode: Couple of months later she is still eating her hamburgers and I lost 45 pounds. Guess the joke is on her.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Im trying my hand at alchemy. Basing my carb intake on moon phases so I can convert fat to muscle. Its OK to be jealous. :glasses:

^^^ Let us know how this works out for you! :drinker:

REALLY!?!? Type it up, put it on a website, charge $19.95. While you're doing that, I'm going to go pee in some cups and market it as a "bonus offer" when you buy two of what you're selling. GO. *rushing off to start our empire*
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    so is that you in your profile pic?
  • Samanthahahaha
    Options
    Haha I love this topic and the replies are cracking me up as well! :) Hopefully, someday more people will understand that it is not about just "being on a diet" for a given amount of time but just making better day to day choices!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    so is that you in your profile pic?

Better question is... is that you?
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Great story!! One of my coworkers, who I've been trying to help make sensible decisions just asked me the other day, "What are your thoughts on SENSA, you think I should try it?" UUGGHH... Facepalm!!!!!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Wait? You don't have to throw a ton of money away on some magic pills or secret shakes or fairy dust to lose weight?! For reals?! Just eat healthy??? Noooooo..... :tongue:

Wait.... nobody told me about the fairy dust!!! ;)

Tell me about this fairy dust. It's relevant to my interests.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Awesome!! My sister in law always says that I can't have this or that because I am on a diet. :explode: Couple of months later she is still eating her hamburgers and I lost 45 pounds. Guess the joke is on her.
    [/quote]

The Joke is on them, while being quite frustrating, it is also really motivating too. Keep on hatin! Can't wait to really give em something to complain about :laugh:
  • laura2501
    laura2501 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    when is this site going to get a like button... LIKE
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I'm on all of the fad diets at the same time. Pregnant woman pee for breakfast, raspberry ketones for lunch and just a healthy dose of phentermine for supper. I also do high carb/low fat, high fat/low carb, high protein/low fat diet at the same so it all averages out to a balanced diet.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options

The Joke is on them, while being quite frustrating, it is also really motivating too. Keep on hatin! Can't wait to really give em something to complain about :laugh:
    [/quote][/quote]

I lost anything I was going to type here when I saw your ticker pic. :love:
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute, so you're not on the grapefruit every half hour diet?