which do you prefer..... exercising alone or with a partner?

Options
1235»

Replies

• El_guapo22
    El_guapo22 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Lol I need a partner for running most! I hate every step of my runs.
  • saramariebabyy
    Options
    Lol I need a partner for running most! I hate every step of my runs.

headphones and im off! haha, have you ever liked running or just always hated it?
  • El_guapo22
    El_guapo22 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I tolerate hiit stuff. Like stadium stairs or sprints. But distance kills me. It's just a mental thing. Headphones help but I can't break that mental barrier. That's why I need someone to run with or chase if their a great runner!
  • saramariebabyy
    Options
    I tolerate hiit stuff. Like stadium stairs or sprints. But distance kills me. It's just a mental thing. Headphones help but I can't break that mental barrier. That's why I need someone to run with or chase if their a great runner!

haha ahhh. i see. i run about a 6-6:30 mile for up to 10 miles, then i start to slow down to about a 7-8 minute mile.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised at how many people prefer to workout alone. Maybe it's different for me because I was an only child growing up but almost everything to me is better with company. And I'm not what anyone would consider a social person, but I much prefer a gym with people to a solitary home gym.

I probably shouldn't be surprised. There's always rants on this site where someone is venting about how mad they are that someone dared to use the treadmill next to them when there was an empty one across the room. There's a thread going on right now where people seem afraid to touch their Lycra covered behinds to a exercise bench that wan't given a Silkwood shower treatment after the last person used it.

Welcome to the new millennium; where we'll gladly talk for hours to strangers on the internet that live 3000 miles away but refuse to interact with the human being 5 feet away from us.
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    BOTH!

I LOVE working out with my husband. He pushes me. Get's me to do different exercises ,that I wouldn't normally do.

Running with friends is also nice.

Sometimes I like to workout by myself.

It all depends on my mood. Or if I need motivation.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Alone. It is the only alone time I get and it is well used for my physical and mental health.

This.

Married with 3 kids... I'll take working out alone 7 days a week... It's my only 'me' time.
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised at how many people prefer to workout alone. Maybe it's different for me because I was an only child growing up but almost everything to me is better with company. And I'm not what anyone would consider a social person, but I much prefer a gym with people to a solitary home gym.

I probably shouldn't be surprised. There's always rants on this site where someone is venting about how mad they are that someone dared to use the treadmill next to them when there was an empty one across the room. There's a thread going on right now where people seem afraid to touch their Lycra covered behinds to a exercise bench that wan't given a Silkwood shower treatment after the last person used it.

Welcome to the new millennium; where we'll gladly talk for hours to strangers on the internet that live 3000 miles away but refuse to interact with the human being 5 feet away from us.

:smile:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I love working out in a crowd such as an exercise class or a Zumba session, but if I am doing weights or the treadmill I prefer doing it alone
  • misswager
    misswager Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Having a partner can totally motivate you and the other person. Its funny, sometimes a little harmless competitive streak might arise which gives you an extra boost to try that little bit harder! Even group workout sessions are great!

If you do end up feeling as though he cant keep up then you might have to gently let him down lol

I enjoy working out with my husband :-)