Do you text and drive?

Options

Replies

• munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I am behind the wheel, I drive and make very little conversation with my passengers. Anything can happen at any time, so I choose to focus on driving.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    That's what I have Siri for! :wink:

I can never get Siri to work with my SYNC system to do the texting for me... so I gave up and just call the person...

Ya, sometimes it's a little difficult with SYNC. But for the most part, it usually works for me. I just make sure to speak loud and enunciate as best I can. Lol
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I don't text and drive at all. Nor do I talk on the phone. I'd even be hesitant to use SYNC, though I guess it would be no different from talking to a passenger.

It has been proven that texting/talking on the phone while driving impairs you more than driving drunk. Your reaction times basically don't exist!
  • Yellabutterfly05
    Yellabutterfly05 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Nope, carrying precious cargo...see pic. Living life as an example to the kids. I'm their role model.
  • ItsDawnMarie
    ItsDawnMarie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm a horrible driver so no, I don't throw texting into the mix.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    No i do not .
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    People are going to do what they want to do. Horrific images haven't stopped people from drunk driving, playing with matches or having sex with ugly people. Shock therapy won't work to end texting and driving. Fortunately, natural selection will, hopefully.

^^Agree
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to stupidity so no I don't use the phone while driving at all. If it rings while I'm driving I have a passenger answer it. If I'm alone they can wait. Nothing is THAT important.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Not since I got an iPhone. Those touch screens are impossible to use without looking at them.

I hate Iphone and I hate touching screens. Personal vendetta.

No, I don't text while driving, but I do occasionally use the Map function on my phone at a red light. Though, if I'm really lost, I'll pull over.
  • timmy2strikes
    timmy2strikes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I do not text and drive but I have been known to answer the hone in the car if I happen to be sitting at a light and I try to tell them I will call them back when I am done driving. I also use the navigator on the phone if I don't know where I am going.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    No I don't. I don't even talk on the phone if my daughter is in the car.

What drives me crazy is the increase in near misses I have had in the last few years. EVERY SINGLE ONE has been because of someone on their phone looking down. :explode:

There was a 20 year old girl from around here that died this week and they are pretty sure her cell phone was the cause. (she slammed into the back of a travel trailer that had slowed down for traffic)

Whatever has to be said is not important to lose my life over or to take someone else's. Not only that, if someone is going to be that impatient that they can't wait until I get to my destination for a reply, they don't need a reply at all.:drinker:
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    We got rear ended a few months ago at a red light because the 22 year old behind us was texting and didn't realize the light was red and we were stopped. I was like wtf!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Not anymore! I got tempted a few times by getting texts from my friends and I felt I HAD to reply to but then I got my phone with the full qwerty keyboard and there is no quick one thumb texting with that thing! If I get any texts now, I ignore them until I get home. If it's important enough, they'll call.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I cant text and drive. I wouldn't dare to. Now I am guilty of texting on a red light but as soon as i see green my phone is in the other seat.

With ya, girl...........I rarely even answer the phone in the car. It can wait. But if I"m waiting at a light, I might send a quick note - and my phone will text when I talk to it, so I don't have to actually type anything.

The whole phone-in-car thing is really ridiculous, when you think about it. I don't know about you, but when I'm on the phone, I'm distracted and not WATCHING and responding to many things around me.......sure, you THINK you're in control, but are you really? Driving is important......and we need to stop the madness.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Not anymore! I got tempted a few times by getting texts from my friends and I felt I HAD to reply to but then I got my phone with the full qwerty keyboard and there is no quick one thumb texting with that thing! If I get any texts now, I ignore them until I get home. If it's important enough, they'll call.
    Ahem... that means you were reading your texts while driving...
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. I will answer a call and put it on speakerphone.

Some girl zipped out of a parking space while texting, and she almost ran me over. I moved out of the way but started screaming and pointing towards the ground behind her needlessly large SUV. She started freaking out and asked who she'd hit, and I said, "Me, if I'd had my face glued to my phone, too."
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    Options
    No I don't text and drive. I don't phone and drive either. Nor do I drink and drive.

This
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    If I feel the need to read a text or respond to a text message or phone call, I pull over into a parking lot and respond while my car is in park. It's not that much effort to do, at all. If it's not important I just keep driving and answer when I get to my destination. It's as simple as that. Unfortunately most people don't do either of these things,and cause driving to be dangerous for everyone, and NOT just the person who texts/talks on the phone.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    My job requires me to work in court from time to time.

Recently a woman appeared charged with driving on a motorway at 70 mph whilst 'entertaining herself' with a sex toy.

Not sure if that's more distracting than texting!!!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Ahem... that means you were reading your texts while driving...

No it doesn't, it means she hears the "ding" or "ta da" or whatever that alerts her there is a text, which she ignores.

For the record, I do not text and drive.