Do you text and drive?

Replies

• LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    I guess I'm the only idiot that does text and drive.

Funny, huh? 90% of the people I see on the road have a phone in their hands. I'm not saying they are all texting, but some of them surely are. Yet noooooo one is this thread does.

Texting is dangerous. So is eating while driving - anyone do that? Speeding is dangerous. Where do you draw the line?

Oh, and for the record, I do... and I'll probably continue to do it.

Soo... you're defending it? WOW.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member

Yup. And when you're in an accident that kills someone and you're a quadriplegic you'll be saying "Wow. I was such an idiot for texting and driving"

Or maybe not. Based on your flippant attitude towards it my guess is it won't even phase you and you'll sue the other person's family because they "got in your way".

Stop and stop now. They didn't make the law to be cute, funny or to infringe on your rights. They made the law because people have gotten into accidents and died or were seriously injured by texting and driving.

That is what kills me when people scream 'rights infringement'...uhhh people are dumb they have the right to be dumb until they put me in danger. Then I have the right to want a law in place to protect me.

People like her would definitely be the one to sue because of her actions either the other person or the cell phone company for making it so easy to text. :angry:

thank you for judging me without knowing me. people like you need to have more sex.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    In the province of Ontario, where I live, you cannot talk on your cell phone without hands free, text or use a GPS while in control of your car. This includes at a stop sign or light. Reach for your phone at a red light, and get caught, and you will be $150 poorer.

For those of you who text at a stop sign, you really shouldn't. You should be paying attention to traffic in front of, and behind you. Behind, because if someone comes up and isn't going to stop, you might be able to move in time to avoid the accident.

I'm old enough to pre-date CD players in cars, so I don't get the need to be in constant communication with people while driving. If you need to text or talk, pull off the road. Simple as that.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    NO way and I yell at anyone I see doing it!! I get really annoyed when I see my friends pulling out their phones (I had one do it on the freeway!!) Is your stupid text really that important? NO and if it was hello you have someone with you -_- I'll respond for you.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member

Funny, huh? 90% of the people I see on the road have a phone in their hands. I'm not saying they are all texting, but some of them surely are. Yet noooooo one is this thread does.

Texting is dangerous. So is eating while driving - anyone do that? Speeding is dangerous. Where do you draw the line?

exactly. I was just the first to admit it!

I honestly don't text and drive and I don't talk on the phone while driving. I am hardly ever in a position to eat and drive and as for speeding? I probably go 5-9 miles over the speed limit which is legal.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member

Yup. And when you're in an accident that kills someone and you're a quadriplegic you'll be saying "Wow. I was such an idiot for texting and driving"

Or maybe not. Based on your flippant attitude towards it my guess is it won't even phase you and you'll sue the other person's family because they "got in your way".

Stop and stop now. They didn't make the law to be cute, funny or to infringe on your rights. They made the law because people have gotten into accidents and died or were seriously injured by texting and driving.

That is what kills me when people scream 'rights infringement'...uhhh people are dumb they have the right to be dumb until they put me in danger. Then I have the right to want a law in place to protect me.

People like her would definitely be the one to sue because of her actions either the other person or the cell phone company for making it so easy to text. :angry:

thank you for judging me without knowing me. people like you need to have more sex.

I have plenty of that but thank you for judging me for judging you. Ahhh the hypocrisy cycle...
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member

Yeah well you opened yourself up to judgement when you said you're probably the only idiot who texts while driving.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    I wonder how when someone says, "someone messing on their phone almost hit me", how often the person actually, physically saw a phone in the persons hand and how often it's just assumptions.

The times where I have almost been hit the person is usually looking down towards their lap, so maybe it isn't their phone, maybe they are reading the morning paper, I don't know but their eyes most certainly have not been on the road.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member

What about my post makes it sound like I'm defending it? I said point blank that it was dangerous. I'm just not going to run around pretending like I'm better than everyone else and be all righteous about it.

Yeah well you opened yourself up to judgement when you said you're probably the only idiot who texts while driving.

yea because no one else seems to have the balls (lady balls) to post up and say that they do. It's just rather rude when people come out saying I would be the one to sue. No I would be the one that end up dead or killing someone. So how about leaving it at that instead of saying I'm going to sue someone for something I did to myself!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member

exactly. I was just the first to admit it!

I honestly don't text and drive and I don't talk on the phone while driving. I am hardly ever in a position to eat and drive and as for speeding? I probably go 5-9 miles over the speed limit which is legal.

It's legal, or it's overlooked? Big difference.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member

99% of statistics posted online are made up on the spot.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Never.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    I wonder how when someone says, "someone messing on their phone almost hit me", how often the person actually, physically saw a phone in the persons hand and how often it's just assumptions. The cell phone while driving crazy has turned people into maniacs or vigilante phone naiz's.

If I had a dime for every time I heard, "I just passed by a really bad wreck. I'm going to blame it on a person on a phone though I didn't personally witness the wreck and wasn't there to see what happened.", I would be rich.

The person who rear ended up admitted to police she was texting and the cameras at the light caught her doing so also.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I wonder how when someone says, "someone messing on their phone almost hit me", how often the person actually, physically saw a phone in the persons hand and how often it's just assumptions.

The times where I have almost been hit the person is usually looking down towards their lap, so maybe it isn't their phone, maybe they are reading the morning paper, I don't know but their eyes most certainly have not been on the road.

And I look down at my legs almost everyday because I wear skirts or dresses to work and like what I see. So you are just assuming someone is texting though you don't know they are?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member

And I look down at my legs almost everyday because I wear skirts or dresses to work and like what I see. So you are just assuming someone is texting though you don't know they are?

ZOMG legs are dangerous when youre driving....FAAACK!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I wonder how when someone says, "someone messing on their phone almost hit me", how often the person actually, physically saw a phone in the persons hand and how often it's just assumptions. The cell phone while driving crazy has turned people into maniacs or vigilante phone naiz's.

If I had a dime for every time I heard, "I just passed by a really bad wreck. I'm going to blame it on a person on a phone though I didn't personally witness the wreck and wasn't there to see what happened.", I would be rich.

The person who rear ended up admitted to police she was texting and the cameras at the light caught her doing so also.

Ok, that's one instance and YOUR situation. I know it happens but people tend to blame every freaking accident on a phone anymore and that's not the case. I think people are so hung up on catching and attacking people on their phones in a car that they think everyone is doing it.

cut them off!!! quick!!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member

What about my post makes it sound like I'm defending it? I said point blank that it was dangerous. I'm just not going to run around pretending like I'm better than everyone else and be all righteous about it.

I may be all righteous about it, but I do not text and drive... Yes, I use my handsfree to make phone calls... but I do not text and drive... And around here, if you don't speed you get your happy *kitten* ran over. The average speed around here is 10 miles over the posted speed limit (though I stay within 5)... I also don't eat while driving either... I haven't since I was a teenager and thought I knew everything... Am I being righteous about it, hell yeah... but I have also almost been hit by stupid *kitten* people that are doing their make up while driving... and people who think their time is worth more than mine (not to mention my life).... Oh and I nag my husband about it as well, because he does it too.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member

cut them off!!! quick!!

Like cut her off with another car when shes driving, or cut her legs off?