Girlfriends - I Have To Rant Here

Options

Replies

• moonlightturk
    Options
    Let her have some fun! Seems like this weekend will be very rare to her. I know it's effed up to lie to your friend who is devoting their time to you, but maybe she's just embarresed but at the same time looking for some love...
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Id punch her in the *kitten*.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    What if that chick just doesn't want anyone all up in her business about her potential love life. Sounds like to me the dude is the messy one running back and telling you the details. He is the one that knew you weren't going and is still going on this thing. You may need to check him before you check her.

and this is pretty epic lol....
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I would be honest with her. That is a horrible way to use people!
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Everything has basically been said already haha. But, it's discouraging to know there are still people like this after high school... Bowling For Soup must be right :P
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    OMG! This thread is like middle school all over again!! LOL
  • JAGgirl47
    JAGgirl47 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Why don't you call your guy friend and tell him you'd love to meet him for brunch on Sunday. Then find an excuse to get out of the house a little earlier than your girlfriend and beat her to the punch. When she arrives, act all innocent and say, "funny meeting you here!"
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Where is the update?!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    yeah whats the scoop?
  • llaurall
    llaurall Posts: 32
    Options
    It was wrong of her to lie, obviously. But the guy is not "your territory" if you still refer to him as a friend and you're not dating exclusively yet. I hate this possessive, inhuman term. Does she know you like him that way? She possibly may not see anything wrong with going to brunch with this guy if she believes he's single (which it sounds like he is) and just didn't want to disclose all the details of her date to you yet. Especially so soon after her divorce. All's fair.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I just need to rant. This is ridiculous.

I have a work friend who is recently divorced with three kids. She married young and never got a lot of time to have fun before she started having kids. Her husband was unstable, so she was never able to leave the kids with him and just get out of the house. She has a family member in town for the week, so she has a baby sitter for the first time in ten years this weekend. She asked me if I would take her out dancing, and I said I'd love to.
    Fast forward to yesterday, when she tells me she also wants to go see an art museum, go out for lunch, etc.. She asks if I'll drive her around for the day, taking her to do all this stuff, and then if she can sleep at my house so she doesn't have to drive 45 minutes out to the boondocks tired and/or drunk. Of course, I said I'd love to have her.
    Last night, a coworker/very good friend/guy I will probably date as soon as one of us finds a new job sends me a message saying this woman told him she was spending the night at my house and asked if he wanted to meet for brunch on Sunday. He said he'd love to meet us, and she said "No, it's only me." He was worried that having brunch with her would send 'the wrong message' to her, and he was regretting saying yes.
    So, this morning, she finds me at work and says "You sleep in late on Sundays right?"
    I told her I usually get up early on Sundays to run, and she told me I would be tired and deserved to sleep late. She would just let herself out early in the morning.
    I told her I had planned to fix her breakfast, and she pretended to consider it for a long time, then said "No, it's your Sunday, you should just rest."
    I told her I would love to fix her breakfast, and she told me she needed to get home to make breakfast for her kids.

Seriously!? This girl *knows* she's moving in on my territory. I'm not the least bit concerned about her having brunch with my guy, but damn if I'm not pissed that she's going to stay at my house, then ditch me for brunch with my friend, and then lie to me about it!

I haven't told the guy yet that she lied to me about her breakfast plans, because I don't want him to be upset with her too. But I was looking forward to this girl's day out, and now I'm just resentful.

Ladies, what would ya'll do!?

She's not a friend and perhaps it wasn't just her husband that was unstable :/. A person like that is only going to cause you drama and chaos in the long run.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I just need to rant. This is ridiculous.

I have a work friend who is recently divorced with three kids. She married young and never got a lot of time to have fun before she started having kids. Her husband was unstable, so she was never able to leave the kids with him and just get out of the house. She has a family member in town for the week, so she has a baby sitter for the first time in ten years this weekend. She asked me if I would take her out dancing, and I said I'd love to.
    Fast forward to yesterday, when she tells me she also wants to go see an art museum, go out for lunch, etc.. She asks if I'll drive her around for the day, taking her to do all this stuff, and then if she can sleep at my house so she doesn't have to drive 45 minutes out to the boondocks tired and/or drunk. Of course, I said I'd love to have her.
    Last night, a coworker/very good friend/guy I will probably date as soon as one of us finds a new job sends me a message saying this woman told him she was spending the night at my house and asked if he wanted to meet for brunch on Sunday. He said he'd love to meet us, and she said "No, it's only me." He was worried that having brunch with her would send 'the wrong message' to her, and he was regretting saying yes.
    So, this morning, she finds me at work and says "You sleep in late on Sundays right?"
    I told her I usually get up early on Sundays to run, and she told me I would be tired and deserved to sleep late. She would just let herself out early in the morning.
    I told her I had planned to fix her breakfast, and she pretended to consider it for a long time, then said "No, it's your Sunday, you should just rest."
    I told her I would love to fix her breakfast, and she told me she needed to get home to make breakfast for her kids.

Seriously!? This girl *knows* she's moving in on my territory. I'm not the least bit concerned about her having brunch with my guy, but damn if I'm not pissed that she's going to stay at my house, then ditch me for brunch with my friend, and then lie to me about it!

I haven't told the guy yet that she lied to me about her breakfast plans, because I don't want him to be upset with her too. But I was looking forward to this girl's day out, and now I'm just resentful.

Ladies, what would ya'll do!?

Opps, didn't see the part that he isn't your boyfriend. Kind of not much you can do but if she knows you're are close to the guy and hoping for a relationship then still its a manipulated move on her part, let the guy know what happened and start to cut off that relationship with her. Sounds like she is a bit using you anyways.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Bumping for an update.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Puh-lease! You don't have to stamp something "mine" on the forehead to realize that you're moving in on her territory. Otherwise why lie about the brunch date at all?

Itching Powder in her sheets... Or something that will surely make her break out in an unseemly rash. Perhaps she's allergic to peanuts.

LOL, LOVE THIS ^^^

But I understand. I couldnt have a good time on Sat. knowing about the next day. Tell her you know about the breakfast and ask why she thought she had to leave that part of the weekend out. Then be quiet and listen to her squirm.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm,... this is good stuff... I think the chick is a snake... however..,. when the OP mentioned art museums and classical music she said she would be bored but HE would love that stuff.

What if... just what if... the guy and girl #2 actually have more in common and end up being a better match in the end???
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    its good to know he is loyal to u and wil have ur back but seriously, id STAB A ***** lol
    insecure, jealous women..... ugh them! get ur man babes!!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm,... this is good stuff... I think the chick is a snake... however..,. when the OP mentioned art museums and classical music she said she would be bored but HE would love that stuff.

What if... just what if... the guy and girl #2 actually have more in common and end up being a better match in the end???

oh boy! Can't wait to see what happened!
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, nice twist Bigdawg. But I think He'll live to regret it. When the op described her "thinking" about having breakfast with her, I thought she( bad friend girl) was awfully good at deception. I bet she had been practicing on her ex for a while.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Call that b i t c h out.

And...

this.

yeah deff call her out i would have when she was saying it cause i cant hold it in lmao then punch her in the *kitten* lol
  • Dbkenny
    Dbkenny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Like I said, I have no problem at all with them meeting for brunch. I do have a problem with her thinking she needs to lie to me about where she's going, after staying at my house!

Did she outright lie or just omit a detail? Did you ask her where she is going on Sunday morning? If she outright lied about her Sunday morning plans, that is a big deal.

She did tell her that she had to "go home and feed breakfast to her kids" when clearly she is not. That is a LIE and not just an omission.