Looking for people who want to lose weight eating real food

Options

Replies

• Merrymaker_Misery
    Options
    no, meat and potatoes, as long as they're in their real form and not in pringles and McD burger form. Is still real food.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Me!!! Only I cook with Olivio. Otherwise YES! I've lost 23 pounds eating this way, just using portion control and moving around a lot.
  • BlueEyesXoXo
    Options
    I love this. I always use real food, but I tend to eat healthy REAL foods most often as I have stomach issues. Any spicy, greasy, garlic loaded, or processed food makes me sick or gives me heart burn! I am always up for more options!! :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Feel free to add me too. I love food. LOOOOVE food. So I'm all about making small changes to my favorite meals so that this can be a sustainable lifestyle change. It's working so far, so I think I'm on the right track.

I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners, so I have the real thing, just less of it. Same with butter and cheese. I only went to skim milk because I like the taste better in my cappuccino, LOL!

Jamie Oliver "Food Revolution" cook book and skinnytaste.com have some wickedly TASTY healthy food. I love food with lots of flavor.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i'm all about real food. butter, yup it's in my fridge. real sugar that's all i ever use. no diet shakes for me. i am guilty of eating low fat string cheese (it tastes the same to me and low fat sour cream again tastes the same). i've lost weight because while i still enjoying using/eating real food (meat and potatoes yum - true irish girl here) i just don't use the same amount. i love over easy eggs cooked with butter but instead of a tablespoon i use a 1/2 teaspoon - having a new no stick pan helps. i'm down 7 still have more to go. i don't know how many more to go still trying to figure it out. first goal is to loose 15. :) feel free to add me.
    Hi, I'm relatively new to MFP. I love to cook and love to eat out, and it's not realistic for me to lose weight on diet shakes and lowfat anything. I bake with real butter and I don't use sugar substitutes. Before joining here, I lost 20 pounds eating this way, and now that I am tracking it, I plan on continuing to do so. Anyone else eating real food and losing? Connect with me. I'd love to share diaries and keep each other motivated.
  • LatashaBaker
    Options
    I love real food alos, and I ama new to MFP. I have recently llost 36 lbs and would like to continue. Some how I have hit a plateau and I am hopin that by joining this site I will began seeing the pounds drop again. It would be great to find a network of supporters to help and get advice from, LOets stay in communication.:happy:
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not perfect, but I'm definitely a real food fan!
  • MzRKP
    MzRKP Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi I'm Rosi! I'm guilty of also eating real food! I lost a few lbs of the extra weight I gained by controlling my calorie intake on here, versus overeating. They say smaller portions is your friend, anyhow I want to go back down where I was before I started loving food so much. I also don't like diet or low fat food, it doesn't taste as good as real food! LOL either way, add me so we can encourage each other! Xo
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yup, I eat real food. I eat as little processed stuff as possible, and always use original/non-diet ingredients. I believe in moderation and portion control. I'd love to connect with anyone who has the same passion for good, hearty, nutritious food: if you're reading this and interested, feel free to friend me!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Real food and plenty of it! I do have a protein shake for breakfast because it is convenient, but that's it. I think it's crazy when people try to restrict too much. Faster but not sustainable...
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Real food and plenty of it! I do have a protein shake for breakfast because it is convenient, but that's it. I think it's crazy when people try to restrict too much. Faster but not sustainable...

I use Well Wisdoms Vital Whey to make my protein shakes. I consider it real food :)http://www.wellwisdom.com/categories/Vital-Whey®/
  • ELeiser
    ELeiser Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see so many other people who run from fake food!! We love real food in our house! I've got no friends, so feel free to add me if you would like!

Erin
  • llpleslie
    Options
    I eat real food. Have lost 37 pounds since April and I do like many here calorie in & out and I excise.
  • girlprof
    girlprof Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am very interested in this topic. I also eat real food. I'm pretty new to these forums so I'd love to be in this group.
  • Tryckster14
    Tryckster14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    Counting calories sure does seem to be working. I've lost 5 lbs in a week. Mind you I just had a baby 4 weeks ago :) I'm eager and willing to lose this weight (and prior weight from my last 2 babies and failure to lose). I'm awaiting my 6 week checkup to be released to work out, I can't wait!
    I live in San Antonio, TX one of the fattest cities in the USA. Food is everywhere! I just have to make smart choices.

Congratulations on your baby! Good job on getting back on track so quick.
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Its great to see so many people being successful and eating REAL food! Feel free to add me as well. If it has ingredients in it that I can't pronounce...I don't eat it :-)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    YES! me too, and I have a food blog which shows you portion control and while i do use protein shakes (or i wouldnt eat breakfast or lunch) i lose weight on comfort foods!

Feel free to add me, and my blog is in my profile here!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I cut down on some stuff..whole milk and ice cream, halved my butter for the most part, odds and ends like that but I'm not going to give up on real food or even fast food. For me it's just not realistic.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have been on premature maintenance for over two years because I cannot give up real food. It would be good to have some challenges to incorporate more vegetables. My favorite ingredients are olive oil, wine and cheese. I eat and serve a lot of vegetables and little meat at home. Please add me if you don't mind me tagging along!
  • hockeyfan87
    hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Anyone, feel free to add me :) I also eat real food and occasionally eat takeout :)