Benefits of Giving Up Diet Coke.

Options

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Do it!

Diet soda is full of chemicals. I decided to give it up when I realized it was only people like me (overweight) were drinking it.

Been diet soda freeeeeeeeeeeee since March.

Only overweight people drinking it??????:laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke has a sugar substitute, 'aspartame'. Some say aspartame causes cancer but no scientific research has proved it. If you're interested in some potential adverse effects of diet coke in the event it is a part of your "DAILY" ingestion, see below:

http://www.sweetpoison.com/articles/0706/aspartame_symptoms_submit.html

Some of the 92 long-term and immediate adverse effects of aspartame ingestion are:

Abdominal Pain
    Anxiety attacks
    Arthritis
    Death

Holy ****, death?
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    So where would you receive your studies stating the healthiness or unhealthiness of something? Just curious. So for the future I know where to get my research from instead of a College Website.

My main starting points are PubMed and a nutritionist named Alan Aragon, who puts out a regular news letter discussing the most current studies that are being released on nutrition. What I like about Aragon is that he is able to quantify both the good and bad points of the various studies.
  • Skyeburn
    Skyeburn Posts: 10
    Options
    Whenever I drunk diet coke it would increase my appetite, I'd always get so hungry and I dunno why.

Also when I had too much I'd always get dizzy and blurry vision, was like a warm feeling behind the eyes. Didn't read any official studies but just didn't feel right drinking it, so I stopped.
  • LoseFatGainMuscle
    Options
    ah yes, the diet cola is evil thread. very nice.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    IDK what the benefit is of quitting either. I drink 1 20 oz a day along with one cup of coffee, then the rest of the time I drink water most of the time. It makes me happy.
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You should give it up because of this: my dad had a feeding tube put in to receive nourishment while he had a bad stomach ulcer. One day the tubing got clogged. He ran hot water through it, nothing. He pushed a scrubber thing in, still clogged. He called the doc and the doc said to put some soda in it. He did and it immediately got unclogged. Yuck.
  • Pie319
    Pie319 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's terrible for your teeth!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I am a Diet Mt Dew fan. I will never give it up completely!!
  • ciobair
    ciobair Posts: 69
    Options
    agreed on the bathroom trips! I had to give it up to help my bladder. I miss it though!!

I don't know about this....I was an avid Diet coke drinker with little to none water drinker. I now drink 1, maybe 2 diet cokes a week and I think I live in the bathroom ever more so now! (been doing this for 6+ weeks now so I think my body should be used to it by now)

I used to drink a whole lot of Diet Coke, but have tried to restrict it a little.

But since I started drinking 6+ glasses of water every day, I'm wearing a path in the carpet to the bathroom.
  • Any kind of soda, may it be diet or not, is full of chemicals and hat is not healthy. Although drinking diet will help you keep your calories low, it wil still cause terrible bloating.
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke has a sugar substitute, 'aspartame'. Some say aspartame causes cancer but no scientific research has proved it. If you're interested in some potential adverse effects of diet coke in the event it is a part of your "DAILY" ingestion, see below:

http://www.sweetpoison.com/articles/0706/aspartame_symptoms_submit.html

Some of the 92 long-term and immediate adverse effects of aspartame ingestion are:

Abdominal Pain
    Anxiety attacks
    Arthritis
    Death

Holy ****, death?

Death is a long term side effect of *everything*, including being born.
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    You can never separate me from my baby! D:
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking coke zero last month. I would have leg cramps at night. After about a week of not drinking them leg cramps are gone. I'd have to start drinking them again to see if cramps come back, but I'm not gonna do that.
  • anitamariemc13
    Options
    I am a CLASSIC COKE drinker, well was! I found that Diet Rite Pure Zero is the best. It doesnt seem as sweet or have the after taste that others have... Uns might give it a shot! But water is a must, I know, I so dont drink enough water myself, I try to put lemon in it, ya know, make lemonaide:happy:laugh:
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Save some money
    Other than that I could not tell you, I still drink it

amen
  • Brendalia1956
    Options
    Stronger bones and this came from my endocrinologist.
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bumping for the husband
  • ferlisa3143
    Options
    Did you know that pop in general is more acidic than vinegar? So for the good of your teeth, try to avoid drinking pop.
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend giving up *any* cola due to the phosphoric acid in them. (it's what gives them that tart taste) if you knew what it takes to process the phosphate into phosphoric acid to make it safe for human consumption... yeah, I gave them up when I learned. You can google it.

As to the sodium content, not really a lot, at least not in coke or pepsi, something along the lines of 1%, I think.