30 lbs GONE by Halloween

Options

Replies

• allnewellie
    Options
    Welcome to our newest folks....no matter what your goal is - we'll help encourage you along the way.

I've had a couple of rough days, I'm hoping it is the medication shift. Definitely didn't stay on my eating plan...blech.

So, to get back on track, I spent an hour cooking!
    - 24 sausage patties in the oven
    - pot of spicy meatballs (still simmering on the stove - the apt smells SOOOO good!)
    - 1 doz boiled eggs
    - 4 fried eggs

I have lots of protein to kick start me today, and for the rest of the week. I also have about 5 cups of cooked, cubed chicken in the freezer, so I see a buffalo chicken casserole in my future for the weekend!
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Great job on cooking. I've been doing it too - cooking chicken in the crockpot over the weekend so I can portion it out for the week.
  • hmbrandon
    hmbrandon Posts: 114
    Options
    Sorry, I know I am a little late, but it has been a crazy week.

Weighed in this morning at 157.4... so 3.4 down for me since we started! Excited!

Challenges last week:
    - Dr. Pepper and I had a love-hate relationship.

Successes last week:
    - stayed on plan 5 out of 7 days

Plan for this week:
    - Workout Saturday and Sunday!
  • allnewellie
    Options
    hmbrandon: WTG!!! :flowerforyou: Congrats on your loss thus far. I gave up (dragged kicking & screaming) my soda habit on June 29, 2011. It's so hard to believe that it's been over a year. I drank between 6-12 cans of diet soda a day...especially if I was stressed out. Now, the only thing carbonated I drink is Monster Zero, and occasionally a Diet 7-Up or a sparkling water as a treat. It hasn't been easy - I've actually carried a can of ice cold Diet Coke around a grocery store before finally putting it down as I was checking out. It's come close to that several other times as well -- talk about mind over matter! Sheesh.

Still having challenges staying on plan :sad: ...I've been ravenous the past few days. The only thing that has changed is ALL my meds. Blech. Going to have to really concentrate on that over the next week as my body finds its balance/adjustments, find a way to up my water intake maybe?
  • asmallermeplz
    asmallermeplz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    :explode: Wish I would have found this sooner... That said my SSS challange ends next week and I love Halloween!:devil: So may I start late?? Even if i don`t lose 30 any loss is a good loss!!! I think I will shoot for a 20lb loss!!!! :bigsmile:
    WE GOT THIS!!! Lets all be hotter by Halloween:flowerforyou:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    There's a group for this already! The Hot 4 Halloween Challenge. The creater even has a spreadsheet set up for weekly monday weigh-in's. Many of us have also buddied up in this group with a "twin" to keep everyone in check! My goal is actually to be down to 160 by then, which is 23 more pounds!

Thanks for the info.
  • hmbrandon
    hmbrandon Posts: 114
    Options
    After 8 months of doing this, giving up my Dr. Pepper has been the hardest thing. I have pretty much given up my Doritos... pretty much, lol, which was almost as hard. I can remember being 12 years old in middle school and always buying myself a Dr. Pepper can and a little bag of Doritos every single day for lunch... think I did that all the way through high school, too. I don't care what anyone says, junk food as habit-forming and addictive as anything else. I wasn't a candy and sweets person... just always Dr. Pepper and Doritos... until I hit 207 and couldn't believe that was me.

My biggest success so far happened this week. I have officially surpassed my -50 goal! I am currently at 156.4... so 4.4 pounds of loss into this challenge!

I also fit into my sister-in-law's size 11 jeans! Awesome! Last time I was a size 11, I was 19-20!

Biggest challenge: Weighing myself every single day. I think I am going to try to wean myself to every other day, and then every three days and so on! I was just so excited about reaching the 150's for the first time since high school graduation (8 years ago!) that I couldn't wait to weigh myself every day.

Goal: Lose 3 more pounds so I can leave the "obese" BMI and finally be just "overweight."
  • hbobina
    hbobina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Late starter as well! I found MFP a week ago in the app store.

5'6"
    HW 207 (8/21/12)
    CW 199
    GW 150

Halloween GW: 177

Lets do this! So excited and motivated :happy:
  • tekavincent
    tekavincent Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Successes - as mentioned Wed, lost 3 lbs. Drank a lot more water. Have not bought any checkout (register) candy bars this week!

Challenges - with moving, traveling and starting a new school, it's difficult to stick to an eating schedule and easy to fall into the "easy food" trap. Also have become inconsistent taking vitamins. Still not quite where I want to be with sleep and water.

Goals this week - Even though I've lost about 11 lbs since July 22, I don't know how much has been during my 10 by Labor Day challenge (except for the 3), so I'd like to lose at least somewhere between 1 and 7 by Labor Day. I'll weigh Wednesday and would like to see another 3 to stay on track for the 30 by Halloween so that would leave at least another 1 to 4 lbs when I weigh on September 3rd for my labor day challenge.
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    After 8 months of doing this, giving up my Dr. Pepper has been the hardest thing. I have pretty much given up my Doritos... pretty much, lol, which was almost as hard. I can remember being 12 years old in middle school and always buying myself a Dr. Pepper can and a little bag of Doritos every single day for lunch... think I did that all the way through high school, too. I don't care what anyone says, junk food as habit-forming and addictive as anything else. I wasn't a candy and sweets person... just always Dr. Pepper and Doritos... until I hit 207 and couldn't believe that was me.

I was the same exact way with Cool Ranch Doritos and Pepsi!
  • edithejaime
    edithejaime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i want in (:
    We are friends in Houston, San Antonio, and East Texas who are committed to entering the holidays a little lighter this year. We're each doing what is right for us, and checking in with each other both IRL and here.

You are welcome to join us!
  • uidb5259
    uidb5259 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm starting late but I am in. I so need some motivation and maybe a group of support is what I need. Lets do it. I am starting today!
  • allnewellie
    Options
    Happy Monday - how's everyone doing? Please check in and let the group know what's going on with you, so we can encourage and support you.

I had to replace the batteries in my scale, so I will weigh in the morning.

One of our group members (w/out computer access) has already lost 14 lbs!!!! Talk about encouraging!

I had a great NSV today....last summer I bought a shirt at Goodwill that I loved - great color, design, etc. - but didn't fit; couldn't even get it over my shoulders or buttoned. Well, today I wore it to a job interview!!!! I felt so powerful and successful, knowing I had earned my way into a goal shirt. This is also a great reminder that our journeys shouldn't rely completely on that number on the scale --- there's so much more going on with our mind & bodies.

I'll update challenges with my weigh-in tomorrow.
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I updated my blog with my weight update and my vlog about JMBR month 1 results - http://tiktok9.blogspot.com

Challenges last week:
    - Getting bored with eating salads with protein or greek yogurt
    - Craving ice cream and cheesy pasta or pizza
    - Being in control when I eat out with friends

Successes last week:
    - I finished week 4 of Body Revolution
    - I didn't miss a day of workouts - 24 in 4 weeks
    - I lost another 1.4 lb

Plan for this week:
    - stay on my workout plan
    - Stay closer to my calorie goal
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    I'm starting late but I am in. I so need some motivation and maybe a group of support is what I need. Lets do it. I am starting today!

Welcome!
  • ladymax1023
    ladymax1023 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - I love seeing what everyone's been doing and how well! It's great to see that everyone is on track with what you all want to do. Keep up the good work. I wish I could say the same thing. I've been watching what I eat, going to the gym and working out and yet in the last 12 days I've only last 1 pound - really? I've been working with a personal trainer so I wasn't getting on the scale, I was going to wait and see what her scale at the gym said - hoping it would be a nice surprise - ummmm yeah No!

I'm not a salad person, so those are totally out of the question for me. I do have a weakness for ice cream and chocolate. But it's not like I'm eating those all the time either. Maybe once or twice a week - where as before I started this I was eating it 5 or 6 nights a week, so I have cut this way back for me. I have switched from white bread to wheat bread, eating way more veggies than I have ever eaten before. So yes I'm eating way healthier than before, little meals more often during the day, the water intake has increased, the soda intake decreased.

The good news, however, is that I am under 170 pounds for the first time in probably 10 years! So that is definitely a step in the right direction. But now I'm done working the personal trainer. So for the next two months I will have to do everything on my own. I will just need to find my own rhythm with things and stick with it.
  • midus56
    midus56 Posts: 4
    Options
    Im in i have to lose about 20 lbs by Halloween... and awesome job to all of you, your doing a great job at motivating me :happy:
  • sweetd_cali
    Options
    ladymax - I know exactly how you feel. I only lost 1.5 lbs this week but I worked out 6 days with Body Revolution and tracked my calories. I like to think all the 1 lb losses will add up!
  • aruiz13
    aruiz13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well, if im not to late... :) I wont be able to lose 30 but i would like to do a short goal by then.

CW 152
    short goal :140
    GW 130
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have to admit I had kinda forgotten about this challenge until today, I had gotten off track since being sick about mid month July and I am just proud to have complete logging for the last couple days. I guess I will officially weigh in tonight and let you know how I am doing.