bad eating with decent results?

Options
BEFORE YOU START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:explode:
I use to be a big *kitten* fat slobby pig, who ate nothing but fatty food and more fatty food....for example:
MT: Chips and coke
LT: hotdog and coke
AT:chips and coke
LAT: Chips and coke
T: two sausages and either chips, bake potatos or mashed......followed by bread.....
I am a fussy eater so I am a creature of habbit, no veg, no fruit, no salad, no real meats.......NOTHING lol and yes ill have severe health issues and blah blah, it is my body and i try new foods, i dont like it i wont eat it, simple....if i had a wish it would to have tastse buds that eat anything.........anyways

I want to lose 10 kilos by December anyone want to prove 100,000 people wrong that people like me can lose weight?

I cut out all that food and had a sandwich and some milk instead of all the meals except tea, tea remained the same. I then began walking 30 minutes a day x 5 a week. I lost about 9 kilos, i then portioned my food, halved it all, within six months i lost 21 kilos all up. I started at 95 kilos. I got down to 74 kilos.
I then lost tafe my go to place , so stopped walking and went back up to 85 kilos, i have been struggling for the last 2.5 years to get back to what i was, i began gyming, no results, running, no results, i cant stick to a program if i cant see results...i feel i waste my time. I stuck to a program for 5 weeks michelle bridges crunch time book and i stopped, i felt fitter but it wasnt changing my body....Going back to portioning is my first goal, however.....
My question is is there a sole on this program that doesnt eat great and works hard for results?
Since i started my new job, i havnt been to the gym or done a dvd, I own turbo fire, p90x, 30 day shred, slim in 30, i get to 4 days in anything then i get bored, i want to stick to something and accountability groups dont work...I aqua aerobics every monday night........i work full time so finding time is hard atm.
I am hoping for friends in similar situations?
:flowerforyou:
and please dont hate me nutritional lovers, i try, i try and i dont like......i never not try....

Replies

• Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I am a fussy eater so I am a creature of habbit, no veg, no fruit, no salad, no real meats.......NOTHING lol

Wow.
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    People who exercise don’t necessarily lose weight.

Exercise is fantastic for health and overall wellbeing. Incorporating it into your life is a good thing.

The role of exercise in weight loss has been wildly overstated. When it comes to shedding pounds, it is what and how much we eat that counts most. There are certain foods we should eat and certain ones we should avoid. If you we change what you eat and how you eat, we will be able to lose weight.

Physical activity (unless done vigorously like a professional athlete) is a minor component to the economy of weight loss. Exercise is great for our physical health and overall wellbeing, but it has a small effect on weight loss. The critical component is what food we eat.

I don’t think there is anybody here who is very successful with weight loss through exercise only.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    and please dont hate me nutritional lovers, i try, i try and i dont like......i never not try....

I loved your post :) I don't think you are alone and I am sure you will be able to write a book from all of the responses you are going to get shortly.

I don't think your diet is sustainable long-term. You are only 24 and you have a decent ride ahead of you. I would re-think your approach to what you put in your mouth. You will thank yourself 30 years later, trust me. You are not a creature of habit, you are only 24. You can start slowly and drop "****"-foods little at the time. And at the same time add table spoon of something good. Continue slow and a year later will will not look at another bag of potato chip again.

On a positive note, if you have proven to yourself that 30 min walk helps you, can you not give yourself 30 minute per day knowing it is good for you? My $0.02 runt for you :)
  • LittleMissSunshine418
    Options
    You can't eat like that and expect to gain results, you're finding time to post this so take that same time and energy and exercise, so far all I've read were excuses, if YOU really want something then YOU have to be the one to make it happen, not trying to sound like I'm putting you down or being negative I just believe with determination anything is possible. I wasn't a fan of veggies before but I love them now, I use to find ways to hide the taste, get creative with them, make them to suit your taste. Best of luck to you!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    My question is is there a sole on this program that doesnt eat great and works hard for results?
    A fish, a shoe, the hip-hop emcee?:wink:

Yes, there are souls here that do not eat below their total daily burn - they are those that are trying to gain weight. From what I see they work very hard!

If you want to lose weight you need to eat less than burn daily (via exercise or just from existing). If you eat crap, you need to each crap at low crap levels but don't expect your body to able to deal with it for a long time and you'll either yoyo (like you did) or likely damage your organs.

Read the threads and topics in this place - it is a lot about lifestyle choice and wanting to change. If you do, this place can help a lot. If you just want to portion - the food counter can help.

I'd suggest you eat better, but you already know that.
    Good luck!
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to beat up on you, I hate when folks do that. keep in mind that you have to burn calories to loose weight. so if you are trying to reduce your size you have to work out but don't eat all the calories you burned during exercise. that's why logging your consumption, and be honest on the amount, is so very important. There was a study conducted a few years ago by a doctor who wanted to see if eating junk food only causes fat. He limited his caloric intake to 1800 a day for 12 weeks. ( or somewhere in that ball park) the result was that he lost 26lbs he reduced his cholestrol count but felt very sluggish. the body doesn't care what source the calories come from. I believe the name of the study was referred to as the "twinky" diet.
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you're asking if you need to eat less or asking if you need to eat healthier foods. You have to eat at a slight calorie deficit to lose weight (ie eat slightly less than what your body would need to stay at your present weight). As far as the types of food rumor has it you can eat nothing but junk and lose if you stay below your calories.

I the rumor true? I have no idea but a good rule of thumb is garbage in garbage out. For one the foods you are eating have very few nutrients to sustain you and sooner or later it will take a toll on your health. Did you read about the British girl who would eat nothing but chicken nuggets? She was eventually hospitalized.

I think you like junk because that's what you are used to eating but you'll find that with most foods if you keep trying to eat them every so often eventually you will come to tolerate them and often even like them. I say that from experience pick one fruit and one vegetable to try to like and something dairy as well. Eat those maybe once or twice a week until you can tolerate them and then add another food from each group. Also maybe try some you've never tried you may get lucky and like it right off.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever the hell I like, often going over on sugar and many times, I have eaten more bad stuff than I should have. Oh, and I don't exercise.

*points to ticker* it can be done.

N.B - My eating habits are WAY better than they used to be, so don't rib me for not being perfect. It's only been 5 months.
  • cjssydney
    Options
    I'm certainly not a nutrition lover but even for someone who also 'doesn't like veggies' I think your diet is really poor. I mean REALLY poor. What's with all the coke?! Your body must really struggle to cope.
    1) Pick up the regular exercise again (your body deserves a bit of love too)
    2) Stop eating so many carbs (this will be part of the reason why you can't lose weight - track their calories)
    3) Treat your body to a more varied diet (coke, bread and potatoes isn't even close to what your body needs to perform...vitamins? Minerals?!)
    Good luck!
  • laxwyo
    laxwyo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same stuff I always did and lost 20# in 3 months. I just eat less. Don't eat fast food as much because it's too calorie heavy and doesn't allow me to eat full meals the rest of the day. More calories burned than ate equals weight loss. The downside is that my body type is about the same, just smaller. I'm still very happy that the gut is small and my pants all fit. It worked for me and I'm now 5'9" 163lbs.
  • A_Shannigans
    Options
    I'm not going to beat up on you, I hate when folks do that. keep in mind that you have to burn calories to loose weight. so if you are trying to reduce your size you have to work out but don't eat all the calories you burned during exercise. that's why logging your consumption, and be honest on the amount, is so very important. There was a study conducted a few years ago by a doctor who wanted to see if eating junk food only causes fat. He limited his caloric intake to 1800 a day for 12 weeks. ( or somewhere in that ball park) the result was that he lost 26lbs he reduced his cholestrol count but felt very sluggish. the body doesn't care what source the calories come from. I believe the name of the study was referred to as the "twinky" diet.

The body does care it just may not translate into fat. If you eat foods that are weak in nutrients.... correction only foods that are weak in nutrients. It's going to take a toll on your body in some way. I don't want to beat up on her either but I can't in good conscience tell anyone. Go ahead just eat junk it won't hurt you.

It MIGHT not hurt her weight loss but its unlikely it will not have some adverse effects on her health.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I calorie counted for about 8 months, i stopped, because this program hasnt benefited me. I was always close to my goal, rarely over it, i tried to make best choices to stay in, if i went over then i worked my *kitten* off to get under.
    I dont eat back exercise calories, i feel it defeats the purpose of exercising. I didnt lose anything.
    What weight i did lose, i gained alot of loose skin and i can tell you it kills sex drive hearing ur gut clap. Walking didnt help me tone my stomach, i know there is no spot reduce tecniques, my aim is to find people like me, my size, that arnt health freaks. I havnt eaten good food since i was a baby, I have made it a mission to try new foods, introduce good foods......DONT KILL MY NSV's.
    If i dont like it, it may not be taste...but texture......i cant stand some textures, im more then happy to skull a protein shake, have a bite of food.
    I am not here for a lecture, obviously i havnt learnt to shut my mouth, if i knew how to delete this i would. I dont need to be told, exercise isnt the key and im going to get sick and the food you eat is appalling.
    All i was asking was for a few people who are honest about their issues to become a friend to support me, and id do the same back. Do you know how sad it is that the only god damn thing i eat on a menu is garlic bread and potato???.....people who know me give me lectures on wasting money trying a new food so i dont look lame *kitten* eating garlic bread! Dont kill the point that i am TRYING.
    I dont go out of my way to have fat *kitten* meals every meal, or every day.....
    Just for you haters ill shred the 10-15 kilos until im classified as healthy on the BMI........BY MY SELF eating the food i eat.....
    support network my *kitten*
  • leslturn8
    Options
    I'm certainly not a nutrition lover but even for someone who also 'doesn't like veggies' I think your diet is really poor. I mean REALLY poor. What's with all the coke?! Your body must really struggle to cope.
    1) Pick up the regular exercise again (your body deserves a bit of love too)
    2) Stop eating so many carbs (this will be part of the reason why you can't lose weight - track their calories)
    3) Treat your body to a more varied diet (coke, bread and potatoes isn't even close to what your body needs to perform...vitamins? Minerals?!)
    Good luck!
    I believe you missed the part where i said i use to eat............ and i stopped and began eating sandwiches and milk rather then coke and chips.......
    1200 cal diet
    1: mondays are aqua burning around 400cals.....
    i eat cornflakes, sandwich, sausage and a form of potato....
    tuesdays a walk havnt used my HRM so dunno....40 minutes brisk.
    meals change, dont always have sausage n potato for tea, brekky is either ceral or toast, lunch is mostly sandwich either vegimite or devon.....i try not to have honey....
    2003 i began eating potato...mashed and baked.....
    2007 i began having pumpkin into mash, tried it solo it was yuk.
    2011 i began tasting food.....carrot, watermelon, strawberries, grapes, apple x4, a seasonal fruit for christmas was putrid, lettuce.....i tasted chicken and steak and lamb and salsa and random other food.....
    I was doing p90x daily and a 20 min interval run daily and then i stopped p90x maintained my run, got a new job, now i have no time to gym, so i aiming to make time, since i travel 45 minutes to work a day its hard. i did 30 day shred but quit cos it got boring day 4.....
    I always use to track my calories, never missed it.......track calories in calories out........
    2: i am trying to find what i need to do to gain results, but by researching i have found cutting foods wont help one bit and its pointless, i rarely have sweet stuff cos im not that way inclined...water is my friend and i rarely touch anything else NOW
    3: my body is functioning..... i just cant lose weight, i need to find what my body need to lose, my levels are all healthy, i lowered my cholestrol from 8... 7 years ago medicated down to 3 not medicated as of the past 5 years. Sugar is great, i was just told im fat and to work it off.....im not paying a nutritionist to tell me what i already know......exercise and eat right... 5 weeks into my new plan .i i was full on gyming and aiming to lose and tone and all that felt great, thought hey ill get vitamins.....yeah um ok didnt feel any different......
  • leslturn8
    Options
    I eat whatever the hell I like, often going over on sugar and many times, I have eaten more bad stuff than I should have. Oh, and I don't exercise.

*points to ticker* it can be done.

N.B - My eating habits are WAY better than they used to be, so don't rib me for not being perfect. It's only been 5 months.
    Thankyou!
  • leslturn8
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same stuff I always did and lost 20# in 3 months. I just eat less. Don't eat fast food as much because it's too calorie heavy and doesn't allow me to eat full meals the rest of the day. More calories burned than ate equals weight loss. The downside is that my body type is about the same, just smaller. I'm still very happy that the gut is small and my pants all fit. It worked for me and I'm now 5'9" 163lbs.
    Thankyou!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and leaner than ever (on my way to getting ripped, bodyfat around 14%). If you look at my diary, you'll see my eating is 50% healthy... yesterday, I had fish and chips for lunch; pie and mash earlier in the week! It is about monitoring your calorie intake but not being a **** about it. Put it this way, I could eat like this for the rest of my life no problems.
  • Jadeus2
    Jadeus2 Posts: 36
    Options

I am a fussy eater so I am a creature of habbit, no veg, no fruit, no salad, no real meats.......NOTHING

I don't eat fruit or veg either!! I've always been a very fussy eater!!
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I eat like *kitten* and my results are good. It's all about a calorie deficit.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This only counts as a support network when there is something sensible to support. :huh:

I find it hilarious that you posted this spiel without expecting the opposition to reply to it.

Your habits will not sustain you, as you know, and whatever weight you will lose will not matter because you will cut years off of your life and you will never be toned because you will not eat cleaner or do any real cardio and/or muscle development.

BUT! I am not perfect either! Most of us aren't :flowerforyou: I still eat junk all the time, but I balance it and eat a lot of healthy things and I try to keep within my limit. Exercise isn't the key to weight loss for me, but it will lead to toned muscles instead of sagging skin in the future (with any luck!)

You should see a nutritionist and if possible, a psychologist. There may be a deeper meaning as to why you cannot (maybe read: choose not to) eat certain foods. I watched a recent interview on Anderson of a man who had a subtle event in his life change how he viewed food at a young age, and even eating so much as a baked potato led him to anxiety attacks and nausea. Maybe that'd be something to look into.
  • A_Shannigans
    Options
    I calorie counted for about 8 months, i stopped, because this program hasnt benefited me. I was always close to my goal, rarely over it, i tried to make best choices to stay in, if i went over then i worked my *kitten* off to get under.
    I dont eat back exercise calories, i feel it defeats the purpose of exercising. I didnt lose anything.
    What weight i did lose, i gained alot of loose skin and i can tell you it kills sex drive hearing ur gut clap. Walking didnt help me tone my stomach, i know there is no spot reduce tecniques, my aim is to find people like me, my size, that arnt health freaks. I havnt eaten good food since i was a baby, I have made it a mission to try new foods, introduce good foods......DONT KILL MY NSV's.
    If i dont like it, it may not be taste...but texture......i cant stand some textures, im more then happy to skull a protein shake, have a bite of food.
    I am not here for a lecture, obviously i havnt learnt to shut my mouth, if i knew how to delete this i would. I dont need to be told, exercise isnt the key and im going to get sick and the food you eat is appalling.
    All i was asking was for a few people who are honest about their issues to become a friend to support me, and id do the same back. Do you know how sad it is that the only god damn thing i eat on a menu is garlic bread and potato???.....people who know me give me lectures on wasting money trying a new food so i dont look lame *kitten* eating garlic bread! Dont kill the point that i am TRYING.
    I dont go out of my way to have fat *kitten* meals every meal, or every day.....
    Just for you haters ill shred the 10-15 kilos until im classified as healthy on the BMI........BY MY SELF eating the food i eat.....
    support network my *kitten*

SO ummm telling you yes go ahead eat all the junk you want is supportive? Last I knew acquaintances tell you what you want to hear and friends tell you the whole story. I think some people may have been a little tough about it perhaps tougher than necessary but we're just trying to tell you not eating any fruits or vegetables is not a good thing.

At least that's all I'm trying to tell you. Good luck