Options

Replies

• MeBeEmmDee
    Options
    Every morning. I like graphs!! :D
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Every day, sometimes twice. Keeps me motivated.
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    everyday it really helps..
  • martincrca
    Options
    I weigh myself daily ... feel like I need to keep on top of it.
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly. I used to get on the scale every morning, but it became too frustrating as weight can change daily due to water retention, etc. Weekly has been working better for me.
  • Cervantest
    Cervantest Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me unless I feel bloated. My husband threatened to hide the scales and only let me have them one day a month. I have a pair of jeans that I love but can no longer wear(my butt got too big!) so I took them out of my closet and hung them on my door. I look at them every morning. I tried them on last Saturday. I can get in them now but they're a bit too snug for me to be comfortable in. Almost!! They motivate me more than the scale at this point!!!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    thru my scal out a month ago.....my hubbie still has his in the garage so.....once a month now
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This is such a personal decision- everybody really has to do what's right for THEM. I weigh myself daily first thing in the morning because it helps me come to terms with how what I eat affects my body- at least that's what I hope for. There are days that don't match up however- today for instance I was expecting a gain because yesterday I went over my calorie goal and had a lot of extra sodium as well, but somehow I managed to lose 1.5 pounds from the day before. The reverse has also happened. So go figure...but I keep in mind the scale likes to play mind games and make sure not to get caught up in all that. Stick to your game plan and the scale will have to obey eventually...:happy:
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Twice daily, and no, I do not think it is excessive because I find it motivating.

Once in the morning -- the one I record on my graph
    Once in the late evening before bed -- to mentally compare both to that morning's weight and to compare to the following morning.

That being said, I only record weight changes to MFP if I have a significant change, or if it has been a week since my last weigh in.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Like so many, I was obsessed with jumping on every day. It would get me so upset if I was up. I'm really trying to do it once a week, but I do a midweek check just to make sure. I loved the idea of trying on the smaller size jeans though. Often, the inches we lose are a better lesson than the weight.
  • pinkbeamer
    pinkbeamer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration on whether to weigh yourself everyday. I have heard two different ways, once a month and once a week. Not sure which to do myself. If you hear other suggestions, please pass on the tips.
  • weekendworker
    weekendworker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Friday.
  • SharmelleOlson
    SharmelleOlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I way myself not enough lol. I try to do it once a week but I have been forgetting to do it lol. Other whise I for surely do it ones a month when I go into see my dietition lol.

I know when I do not eat three meals a day like I should I tend to gain the weight back. But when I am eating all of the meals I should in a day I lose the weight. So I know there is a problem there that I need to fix lol.
  • Maria_T007
    Maria_T007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Everyday.....but I log once a week..
  • mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Since my goal is to achieve tone and not weight loss, I rarely weigh myself - maybe once every two months. I prefer to go by measurements, pictures, and what I see in the mirror!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Every morning butt necked after a good pee, but I count my weight loss only from Sunday to Sunday, realizing there are daily fluctuations. I log it on a spread sheet as well as what I had the night before for dinner. I also log my blood sugar, blood pressure, macros, cholesterol, sodium, exercise length, calories burned, maximum and minimum heart rate. Hay, it may be excessive for most, but it works for me.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I weigh every other day or so. My scale is right next to my desk so I see it every morning. It is probably best to weigh no more than once a week though.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I weigh myself a few times a week. I try not to do it daily because it just makes me crazy!
  • donnasjohnson
    donnasjohnson Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I also weigh at least twice a day. I absolutely love seeing it go up and down, back up, then down again...weird isn't it? In the past, I weighed only once a week and that would REALLY depress me when I had done well for seven days and then my weight be up. I know now that it is absolutely normal for me to vary like crazy, usually because of sodium retention but also anytime my muscles are sore from a more intense workout. My big moments now are when I weigh the same at the end of the day; that almost guarantees me a nice loss in the morning. I only log my losses, and then I have to hit the same number two days in a row before I change it.
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Often. I mostly weigh myself at night to see if I'll have a good weigh in in the am. It helps keep me accountable or I'm just obsessed. HAHA. I weigh myself sometimes 4 x's a day...:blushing: