Replies

• dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Each and every morning! It keeps me on track!:happy:
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Every other day. Though some people think that's a bit much, I don't. It helps me stay on track.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Each and every morning! It keeps me on track!:happy:

I love your ticker's picture ! So true.
  • avrilamor
    Options
    Once a week is more than enough for me. I usually weigh on Monday morning...
  • JoniSMoore
    JoniSMoore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. Even though I get frustrated at the fluctuation I feel better knowing and when it goes down I start off my day on a high note. Just joined this site and am already impressed.
  • mariapg25
    mariapg25 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Every morning...I see the results as motivation for me either way the scale goes. If it's a good result, I tap myself on the back and see that whatever I'm doing is working and aim to keep doing it. If it's a not so good result, I think of what I did the day before and try to improve. I don't log it every day though. If I get the same weight a few days in a row, then I log it. It makes it real I guess. But to each his own. Good luck!! :smile:
  • ljc73
    ljc73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily - i can't help it and am not bothered by fluctuation...but i record weekly.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Whenever I remember lol. I used to be obsessed with weighing myself a few times a day but now I *try* to do it once a week. I forget a lot of times though.
  • RondaK1
    RondaK1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i do it all day long lol.. doesnt bother me at just i like to see how my body reacts to diff things like food water exercise etc. (ive lost roughly 120lbs)
    I agree completely. I weigh myself everyday and doc it around 6:30 am but I do periodically weigh ..myself throughout the day.. I see the typical fluctuations during the day and I have learned how my body reacts to dif things as well
  • csmoore039
    csmoore039 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning and the afternoon. I only count the morning weight. I was getting frustrated because of the fluctuation, but then started looking at the overall picture. Once I realized that I am still averaging 2 lbs a week, it was not so depressing.
  • koalahugs
    Options
    I check my weight weekly, in the morning before a food or exercise.
  • jillebean60
    jillebean60 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Used to wait to weigh myself when I thought the magical day might've arrived that I'd be less than my previous weight. The day to weigh when I thought that I'd weight less never seemed to come........... So I started weighing first thing every morning NO MATTER WHAT and that's kept me on the right track (including nipping the nighttime noshing thing) better than any other single thing I do. LOVE to see that scale move in the right direction! BEST motivator there is!!!!
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    i was weighing myself daily and whenever else i wanted. it began to drive me absolutely insane so now i set my phone to alarm once every two weeks so i quit obsessing and doing more harm than good really. and i avoid the scale till then as though it were the plague.

my overall theory is weigh whenever u feel like it if you can handle fluctuations and such. if not. settle for increments of weekly or bi weekly whatever works for u
  • biglew909
    biglew909 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Every day.
  • mdmcmillen
    mdmcmillen Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Probably once a day at least.
  • calculusgeek
    calculusgeek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the idea with the jeans!
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am a scale addict. My first weigh in of the morning is my official weight which I record, but, I weigh throughout the day. I don't let the results alter my mood. It does however, effect if I have an extra snack in the evening, that kind of thing.
  • kjacobi123
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only record a once a week weigh in on Friday mornings.
  • bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing daily, too, but I think I need to switch to a weekly weigh-in. Lately, I have been seeing some fairly major fluctuations that have really been confusing me. On Wednesday, I was at 208.6, on Thursday, 207.0, on Friday, 205.4, then on Saturday, 209.6. Nothing changed during those three days in how much I eat or exercise, so the fluctuation must be something beyond my control. If I weigh weekly, I hopefully will lose these somewhat obsessive thoughts about the changes.

25519766.png
  • medibrat
    medibrat Posts: 30
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. Like someone else said, if I don't, then I lie to myself. Make excuses. Get frustrated. I need to see the numbers. I got a scale that is accurate to .2 of a pound. I need to see daily how I'm doing. :)