Pregnancy test help (pic)

Options

Replies

• Stephaniengarner
    Options
    If you drank water just before the neg test it was deluted .It needs to have time for the hormones to build up and show on a test
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I had a very faint line like this with my first pregnancy and the not knowing was killing me so I called the number on the box and they assured me that if there is ANY line, even a hint of a line in the window, that it's indeed a positive result. I took another a few days later and by then the line had gotten darker.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    i cant tell bc im on my phone, but my advice is this (i work in a hospital & clinic and run the official tests): wait until first thing in the morning and use a clear blue digital test. first morning urine is most the most concentrated, so it gives you the best result. by drinking all that water after your first test, you diluted the urine and that makes it less likely to show a positive. good luck!!
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE PREGNANT! Pregnancy tests are what? 99% accurate or so. The 1% inaccuracy is only FALSE NEGATIVES! My bff and I were pregnant at the same time, and her line was so faint you couldn't even see it! Maybe your urine was diluted or it was a bad testing device. But read the informational inserts! False negatives are what the 1% or so account for. You have ANY line, YOU ARE PREGNANT! CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS! Add me Brenda_1965:flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart: :love: :happy: :wink: :smile: :laugh:

By the way, we took a 2 pack and tested in different bathrooms. Mine was dark because I was further along than her, and her line was so faint that we had to squint to see it. It would have never shown up in a picture like that! She wouldn't believe me and just tossed it in the trash. I went to bed that night happy for both of us, while she got depressed. AND guess what? We ow nhave sons that are only 3 weeks apart!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    nope
  • h2oophelia
    Options
    That's exactly how my test looked, I almost threw it away thinking it was negative. You have a bun in the oven!! :)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i see it faintly..maybe its inconclusive..wait another week maybe..good luck either way !:drinker:
  • MelBee29
    MelBee29 Posts: 73
    Options
    try the clear blue easy digital one it tells you how many days into the pregnancy you are or when your period will come ... but i wish you all the best ! I think you should seek a blood test from the doctor to be 100% :flowerforyou:
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Congrats on becoming a mum! It looks positive.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    A line is a line in my experience. Test first thing in the morning and see what happens. ;)
  • hmenuey
    hmenuey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Those tests are known to do that so please take a couple of other brands of test...the blue dye ones are said to be less reliable
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm a certified lab tech. The line will not turn blue unless there is beta-HCG in the urine. However, the more concentrated the urine the stronger the color change will be. Whenever I ran pregnancy tests in the ER (different positive indicator, same methodology, I called the slightest color change a positive.

That being said, historically, the incidence of false positives with home kits has been slightly higher than visual indicator kits used in clinical laboratories. Nevertheless, they still have a good track record. This would be a definite positive in my book.
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey Dad-of-3, I'm also a Med lab tech! Yay!
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    That is what happened to me when I was pregnant with my daughter, so in my experience, yes. Good Luck!
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It's a negative. Just thought you all should know what to look out for if it happens to you or someone you know. I did some research about blue dye tests and they are notorious for giving false positives, which is what happened to me. Thank you all for your responses! :)
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would get a pink-dye test just to make sure.
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's a negative. Just thought you all should know what to look out for if it happens to you or someone you know. I did some research about blue dye tests and they are notorious for giving false positives, which is what happened to me. Thank you all for your responses! :)

oops :( Sorry, I just saw you posted that. It is very, very true. I'm also TTC (been trying for a year since a miscarriage last year and it took 2 years the first time), so I understand the disappointment.
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    congrats!!
  • cdpoole098
    cdpoole098 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A blue dye test are common for false positive... Wait a couple of days and test again with first morning urine, but use a first responce or answer test.. Pink dye will not run like blue dyes do.. Good luck!
  • Mellissacrndll
    Options
    Hi, I was just wondering was it a positive? I just had this happen to me with the same exact test.