What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    So I don't cringe everytime I see a photo of myself.
  • morrws
    morrws Posts: 6
    Options
    Better quality of life...hotter "love life"...smile....Well, folks, it is the trueth!
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    i want to be skinny
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Many reasons for me...

To look and feel good

To feel good naked with my Husband

To be a healthy weight ready for when we want to try for a baby

To feel good on holidays and not want to cover up when walking around in a bikini

To be a smaller clothes size

To feel fitter and more my age instead of feeling like I am 80 years old lol
  • 21June
    21June Posts: 99
    Options
    A number of reasons really with me. A eye opener shall we say was when my brother-in-law died suddenly of undiagnosed heart disease and high blood pressure at the age of 34. He had been on steroids (which probably didn't help) but nevertheless was overweight although not sure whether he was obese. To be honest, overweight, obese or not, I still think there are good reasons to be leading a healthier lifestyle. However, I think there are so many negative effects to ones health of being overweight and so many bonuses of not!:smile:
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would be lying if I didn't say that it was partly because I wanted to look attractive. But that's not all there is to it.

Health. My father died at 48 from a heart attack. At 48. I was blindsided. I began to realize that, yes, life is finite. That I couldn't just eat whatever, and smoke, and do what I wanted without suffering consequences. That I could die, too.

My mother's family is all very large. My grandma died too young as well, essentially from being morbidly obese.

It isn't just the physical death I dislike, and fear, it's the living death. By that I mean living a half life. Not doing everything I want because I can't: get winded, don't have the stamina, etc. Also not doing certain things because I am embarrassed. I am ridiculously confident in everything else, but this.

And, if I one day do have a child, I want that child to grow up in a healthy environment. Children learn from their environment. When I am at the grocery store and I see obese parents loading their carts with junk food for their (!) already obese children, I get angry. Kids don't have a choice. I wouldn't want that for my kids.
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My main reason I am trying to lose weight is to get pregnant. I am 33 and have tons of health issues, so I want to be able to have a healthy pregnancy without being on more meds just to get pregnant. I want to be able to get off all my meds and also hoping it will make my arthritis at least a little bit better. And I have always been overweight, so I want to finally be able to meet the real me.
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    To be in the best shape I've ever been in and because diabetes runs heavily in my family. I believe in marriage and I want to meet the real love of my life.
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    Future pregnancies and vanity :). The weight is just not worth putting me back in the high risk category again.

Exactly this!!!
  • DanielaWells
    Options
    Because I want to live.
  • 21June
    21June Posts: 99
    Options
    I would be lying if I didn't say that it was partly because I wanted to look attractive. But that's not all there is to it.

Health. My father died at 48 from a heart attack. At 48. I was blindsided. I began to realize that, yes, life is finite. That I couldn't just eat whatever, and smoke, and do what I wanted without suffering consequences. That I could die, too.

My mother's family is all very large. My grandma died too young as well, essentially from being morbidly obese.

It isn't just the physical death I dislike, and fear, it's the living death. By that I mean living a half life. Not doing everything I want because I can't: get winded, don't have the stamina, etc. Also not doing certain things because I am embarrassed. I am ridiculously confident in everything else, but this.

And, if I one day do have a child, I want that child to grow up in a healthy environment. Children learn from their environment. When I am at the grocery store and I see obese parents loading their carts with junk food for their (!) already obese children, I get angry. Kids don't have a choice. I wouldn't want that for my kids.
    I totally agree with the above about children. I'm trying to set a good example to my children. It was my brother-in-law who died of a heart attack. So sad and I'm sorry about your Dad too!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    my daughter got into a pretty elite school and I didn't want to be the reason she got picked on.
  • tamimac12
    Options
    This July at the fair, I got stuck in the scrambler... then I had blood work done and it came back awful! When I heard the words pre-diabetic, I freaked out and changed my diet and exercise right then... my husband joined me the next day :) been going strong for a month :)
  • deesign4427
    Options
    sex :bigsmile:
    yep - and lots of it.
  • vynnette26
    vynnette26 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I want to look and feel sexy naked and/or in a bikini.
  • KippyBee
    KippyBee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I hate my belly rolling over the top of my jeans. It's unsexy, unhealthy and makes me shudder.
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I couldn't lie to the mirror anymore.
    I was tired of being in constant pain with my back and making excuses for it. There would never be enough drugs prescribed and surgery is NOT an option.
    After recovering from an emergency appendectomy, I couldn't fit into the 'fat' clothes.
    When people stop looking at you and just through you.
    When you realize that you have lost the person you have become, even if you only see the inner skinny you that is hiding under layers of fat.
    When you are relegated to a small section of the Department store, next to the babies and kitchen wares, to shop in the "big ladies section"
    Realizing that although you numbers looked ok on a physical, your allotted grace period was ticking away.
    To be flexible, gain muscle and be patient when the weight is coming off so slowly and realize that I just didn't wake up with this (&*% one day.
    To live to raise all of my children and future Grandchildren.
    To stop the paranoia when the camera comes out and it's aimed at you
    When you finally get to this fitness goal and you are power walking/running with passing out and YOU look forward to going to walk!
    When you can't wait to go to the gym, after you get over the fear that people are laughing at you(which they never were)
    When you can say to others "I know what you are feeling, I've been there." and mean it.
    To have someone look at you, not look at you with pity.
    And to finally, feel that you look kind of hot.
    To know that you were always worth it.
  • curtisk228
    curtisk228 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To look hot as hell, lol

I'd say u were successful Jess! Looking sexy girl! :love:
  • Eloira
    Eloira Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love the endorphins that I get at the gym :P

I'm fed up of being the "fat girl" at uni etc :( not nice....

To feel sleek and SEXY!

I don't care what others think, it's how I feel, and I don't LOVE myself.

My reasons for losing weight :P
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Cause I'm tired of being a fat cow...