What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• WTBSE
    WTBSE Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    To look good and have more energy.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    I feel I should be a more effective as a human being. being fat makes me feel like a waste to society. Basically if I can't control my own health and weight, then how can I control my finances and achievements. Don't see being successfull in one thing and not the other.

And outrunning zombies of course.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Mainly health. My family has a long history of heart disease, strokes and diabetes at quite young ages.
    I'm thinking that if I don't get fit and don't eat healthy food, I will go down the same road.
  • missalissa772001
    missalissa772001 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I want to look at feel my best!!!
  • bubbaflip
    Options
    I need to get off some of my medications!!!

you and I both. I've been on diabetes and cholesterol medicines for over 10 years and when you're like me and have to take 2 meds for 1 thing and 3 for another, something has got to be done.
  • spazz_face
    Options
    Vanity mainly, but also health. I am sick of eating terribly and not being fit enough. I want to have abs etc so I am aware of them and aware that I worked hard to get them. Also moving to a new city in February, I want to make the best first impression I can. :)
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    my reasons? first and most important my grandmother. I've seen what being overweight has done to her and i don't want to live to be like that. And I had my hips broken as a baby so too much weight is bad for them.
    I am happy and I want to be healthy.

And in Croatia it's impossible to find normal clothes above sizes 42/44 :)
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    to finsh my mission in life to make my family.friends and the world around be a better place and my heath would have stoped this path way to soon bottom line to stay alive longer nothing more, the outward plus's are nice but was not my drive smile everyone your in here you care and i believe in you
  • angelinnaonadiet
    Options
    I look yuck, and I'm too young to be in such overall crappy health.
  • bubmaster
    Options
    my health :smile:
  • laurajethan
    laurajethan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mine comes in 2 parts. 1st part is to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight which leads to part 2 which is to have another baby. We have been trying for 16 months now and because I have PCOS makes conceiving very hard. First area to help conceiving is LOSE weight and I know I can fall pregnant so if I can get back to that weight I have better odds
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    plus - i have two ex boyfriends - chubby chaser sociopaths - i am secretly hoping that losing weight will get them off my back for good.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    so girls don't go running away screaming if i try and talk to them
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    - I can't find outfit my size, and sometimes have to buy jeans at Men's department instead.
    - Many started to comment about how I am fat in a direct way. It used to be "Nah, she is just a bit chubby/ a bit overweight." Now it is "Yes, she is. (fat)."
    -I have always weight more than everyone else, more than my sister, a grown man, everyone in my cycles.
  • Pip_squeak
    Pip_squeak Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    LGN (look good naked)
    See a 6 pack for once in my life
    Do a photo shoot to record the goal
    blah, blah, blah
    Health reasons
  • barmum
    barmum Posts: 73
    Options
    I feel I should be a more effective as a human being. being fat makes me feel like a waste to society. Basically if I can't control my own health and weight, then how can I control my finances and achievements. Don't see being successfull in one thing and not the other.

And outrunning zombies of course.

Mostly because I'm being told to and honestly now I know the reason I've been having a fair amount of pain I can't really justify not losing the weight but I'm with you on the zombies ! (My OH has a t-shirt saying 'I love you but if zombies chase us , I'm tripping you up')
  • patsylowe37
    patsylowe37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to be slim again a British size 10 not a size 14.
    I hate looking at my orange peel, I want to be smooth and slim
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    My #1 biggest reason. Is vanity I guess. I'm a writer and eventually I will be in a position people will want to take pictures. Even if it's only on the back dust cover of a book. So I don't want to look like a whale for everyone to see.

Also I don't want to be my mother, napping half the day, ending up with diabetes and never having the will power to take care of myself.
  • katymcd81
    katymcd81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I want to look good in my clothes (and out of them :wink:)...I don't want to have to start buying the next size up, that's the start of a slippery slope.

I'm hoping to start a family soon, I don't want to be piling 30lb of baby weight on top of 30lb of overweight.

I want to teach myself to love exercise and to be good at it. I want to know I am doing everything I can to keep my body and mind in the best state it can be in as I get older.
  • piadora
    piadora Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pure vanity! If the packaging looks good you want to see whats inside. (they may not like it BUT hey.....!):tongue: