Runners with big boobs?????

Options

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i wear my victoria secret bra and a snug muscle shirt (not cotton) and i was a 38DD(now 36DD) when i started, but not a runner-only eliptical. i get good support- you gotta spend the money to get it-HOWEVER thier clearance sale DD bras go for 30 bucks- and summer clearance 15 bucks every year.
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one hoping there was going to be some type of videos involved here?? =(
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Go to "Titlenine.com" and order one with "4" dumb-bells mininum of support. I like the 3 reasons bra or the 7 wonders bra. They are not cheap....but the ladies will be anchored down and will not MOVE! They also have special wicking for the sweat so you won't get chafed or rashes from your work-outs unlike "cotton" sports bra's!:blushing:
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot of boobage - so much so that I need new sports bras.
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well I suggest 2 sport bras.. it works for me...

But if I may advice you, if you have an injured knee you should consider
    swimming as your cardio instead because you don't want your knee to get worse.

Swimming will give you great cardio workout if you do good amount of laps, and won't
    put pressure on your knee the way running will.
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    Im a 30 F.... I wear double sports bras at the gym but its still not enough for running... Still haven't found anything that does the job... And boy, is it painful :-( Dying to start running comfortably again!!!
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm a male here but I am just here to stand by!
  • AwesomeOne66
    Options
    "cheap" sports bras for big girls are a waste of your money. spend the money, goddammit....if you can't workout/run without discomfort, you're not going to shift the kilos....simple. it's just one of the small prices you have to pay. I've spent over $800 on changing bra sizes over the last 18 months, gone from gigantic to nearly normal....has it been worth it? hells yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! what a small price to pay, really....just sayin'
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    "cheap" sports bras for big girls are a waste of your money. spend the money, goddammit....if you can't workout/run without discomfort, you're not going to shift the kilos....simple. it's just one of the small prices you have to pay. I've spent over $800 on changing bra sizes over the last 18 months, gone from gigantic to nearly normal....has it been worth it? hells yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! what a small price to pay, really....just sayin'

My lady always tells me the difference of a cheap bra and an expensive bra and I don't get it myself lmao. I just cry when I have to open my wallet = (.
  • LoveMyJeepGC
    LoveMyJeepGC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Enell sports bras are AWESOME! The old navy ones in the plus size section aren't too bad either (order a size smaller than you think). They are a little more affordable than the Enell.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    HI! I recently got a visit from the tittie fairy without gaining weight. weird. But anyway. I am a 36D. I understand your fustration. I like the "yoga bras" from victorias secret pink. They are 32.50 but they work! They have wire and lots of support. I run and jump in them just fine. I do piloxing, which is boxing and pilates, and these bras keep the girls down just fine.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't run a whole lot but I jump rope and do jumping jacks a lot, which is usually worse. I have 34 F/G boobs and I got a pretty good supportive bra from target. It looks kind of like a torture device and is hard to get in an out of but it does the job. It was only like 25 or 30 bucks. I got it like 6 months ago, not sure if it would be there still or not. it has 4 clasps in the back and razerback straps. It also helped that they didn't have my size, going down in cup size really helps reign them in.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    To hold you over until you have a bit more cash to spend on sports bras, you could try a compression. I have a high impact one that I like to use that is just danskin from wal mart. I would hate to try to put it on right out of the shower as I am no contortionist but it really does a good job. I have other bras that I like too but it's a good starting place.
  • kphelps1123
    Options
    to the pp that asked about my knees being injured- no they aren't really injured, i'm just 22 with the knees of probably a 40 year old or so. basically just normal wear and tear at an accelerated rate from the constant squating and standing for 12 years especially since i played year around. and to the people saying i just need to spend the money, well i can't. i'm a single mother of two kids with a house and a car. while we don't struggle, i don't have tons of extra money laying around to go spend on workout clothes and sports bras. i have a 5 year old in school who always needs things and a 7 month old that is always growing. i also like to give them the occasional extras that all the other kids get. i don't want them to suffer because we're a single income family. i make sure my kids have before i do. i wish i was just being cheap and didn't want to go spend the money, but i really just don't have it to spend on a bra i'm not going to be able to wear in a month or two.
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    I have heard good things about lululemon. They are around 40-50 bucks. http://shop.lululemon.com/products/category/women-sports-bras?mnid=mn;women;tops;sportsbras
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I use two bras. A normal underwire bra and a sports bra that is one size too small. Holds em tight in place- no jiggle.

This ^^^
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I went and checked out the Shock Absorbers, but they don't have any in my size :-(
  • kerriemoe
    kerriemoe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For that price, try:
    http://www.championusa.com/workout-clothes/sports-bras-43553--1/view-all-sports-bras/champion-powerback-underwire-sports-bra?cm_vc=SPZ1

I just had to throw mine away, it lasted me a few years. I was a 42DDD, and am now a 38DD and this got me through a lot of running but is relatively inexpensive.

Also, I love Enell, Shock Absorbers, and the Anita Active line.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't have a bra suggestion, just a tip. When I was running I would wear a normal bra, a sports bra, and a TIGHT cami, then a t-shirt, it worked for me.
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, but there is no way Im spending $40+ on a bra!! so what I do is just wear two, yes its cheap but it works lol.