need to get this off my chest

Options
124»

Replies

• kytte
    kytte Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    If he likes you thinner than maybe he needs to get with the program and stop being a bully.
    you know what, the next time he has something rude to say i will tell him exactly that word for word. thank you!
  • kytte
    Options
    You are obviously an intellegent open minded person who has learned to have this person in your life because their good points off set their bad ones. In my experience, it's just so dang difficult to always deal with it.
    i don't know about the "intelligent" part but the rest of this statement is definitely true.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    when he is in the shower, dip his toothbrush in vinegar, then when he uses it just stand there in shock and disbelief.
  • kytte
    Options
    lol you guys with the chair!
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    He needs a high five, in the face, with a chair

my thoughts exactly
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Kytte (how odd, iPad autocorrected your name to "Mutts"), here's an idea. Run the numbers for him (BMR, TDEE) and get calories burned estimates for him doing the same activity you do. Lay it out on a spreadsheet, or whatever format his brain works in. Once he sees how much more he has/gets to eat just to survive, and how much more he burns doing the same thing you do, he might have a better attitude.

If not, I concur with the high-five-in-the-face-with-a-chair idea.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    He needs a high five, in the face, with a chair
    I think I love you.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    lol you guys with the chair!
    You started it :wink:
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I agree. I'm not married, but my boyfriend thinks I spend too much time here. I just started getting into forums and it's really nice the support we have for each other. I got him to leave me alone a little bit when I asked if he rather me on MFP or FB... Some people just don't understand.

Men hate to talk and listen to drama or problems and we all know that and that's totally cool with me. But the next time your boyfriends or husbands start giving you s*** about being on these forums tell him you'll log out and stop using them and start spending all these hours telling him your problems instead. I promise you he will offer to start paying your cable bill just to keep you online. If you're online like 24-7 and neglecting life and other things than yeah I understand his point of view cause that was me years ago, online 24 hours a day, a junkie.
    Guys just have better things to do other than sit and talk and hang out whether its online or not and don't understand how us woman can find the time to talk so much lol and they're right in a way, until they start talking s*** and belittling you and that's when the chair in the face comes into play lol. I love men, don't get me wrong, my best friend is a guy, but if you're not with me than you're against me and I don't have time to cater to your *kitten* anymore, especially if I am supporting him in everything he does.
    But there are some people out there who are letting these social websites run their lives and no longer going out and doing things, not even watching TV anymore, which is a big fat waste of time to me, but the point is they're not doing things they use to do before the internet.

Bill Gates said something when he first started Microsoft, I don't know exactly how he said it but it was something like how his goal was to have a computer in every home, every school, every where in every country by so and so year but that we needed to be extremely careful or we would become anti social and unfriendly and he was right. I was addicted to the internet about 6 years ago and one day took my laptop that I LOVED and threw it out the window of a hotel room. yes I was sober lol but I needed a fricking intervention. Now I know how to manage my time online and not let it consume every last minute of my life anymore. It's a fricking addiction. But these forums that are available to us today are amazing, and I have met so many people in real life and have friends now that I hang out with that I met online. So that makes the few hours I spend screwing off here worth it to me. Ol' boyfriend can go play football or go to strip bars or something until I am done lol.