Cold Showers?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    How do I delete this topic? Yes....I wanted to spark an interesting conversation but I cannot believe the arrogance of some of you people!

I too, have a little bit of knowledge on athletics and wellness, being a 4 sport athlete in high school (still active in 3 out of the 4) but I wouldn't shove it in your faces!!

We're supposed to be on this site to help each other and stimulate not cut down and be condescending....VERY DISAPPOINTED IN SOME OF YOU! Wow!

i drive a car an hour or two a day, doesn't make me a mechanic.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How do I delete this topic? Yes....I wanted to spark an interesting conversation but I cannot believe the arrogance of some of you people!

I too, have a little bit of knowledge on athletics and wellness, being a 4 sport athlete in high school (still active in 3 out of the 4) but I wouldn't shove it in your faces!!

We're supposed to be on this site to help each other and stimulate not cut down and be condescending....VERY DISAPPOINTED IN SOME OF YOU! Wow!

Are you talking about the people who actually took the time to do some diligence and research the claims and respond with information from scientic studies that basically disagreed with some of the claims being made by other folks on this post?

Are they the arrogant ones? Or are they the smartasses you refer to in an earlier post on this thread?

Your initial post asked, and I quote "What's your take on this??". People gave it.

I also find the comment "VERY DISAPPOINTED IN SOME OF YOU!" ironic considering you use the word condescending immediately before it.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/154168-how-to-lose-weight-with-cold-showers/

Yes, and it's effective at burning back fat. Burning *fat* , not calories.

this is one reason swimmers burn so many calories. the water is cold and the body has to work over time to keep body temp up.

thats the reason swimmers burn so many calories?? it couldn't possibly be the full body work outs that go on for hours in anerobic conditions.

nope. the water's cold. thats why phelps and locht looks like they do.

Lol I was just about to post this...

This might be the dumbest thread I've ever read.
  • brewitzer
    brewitzer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yup! You're right ....you win! I did originally want to spark some interesting conversation and appreciate the time ppl took to research the topic and place value on that!

I don't appreciate the comments such as LMFAO and Stupid and Dumbest thread! That was NOT my intention.....obviously, this subject has been looked into before otherwise there wouldn't be so much information out there on the web. So don't say it's "ironic" that I called ppl out on their condescending ways when I say I'm disappointed.

I'm done with this as I'm not a politician and not very good at debating...I just thought an interesting topic would make new MFP acquaintances but I guess I was wrong:(

I won't post anymore or comment on others as you people obviously think I'm stupid/dumb...
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yup! You're right ....you win! I did originally want to spark some interesting conversation and appreciate the time ppl took to research the topic and place value on that!

I don't appreciate the comments such as LMFAO and Stupid and Dumbest thread! That was NOT my intention.....obviously, this subject has been looked into before otherwise there wouldn't be so much information out there on the web. So don't say it's "ironic" that I called ppl out on their condescending ways when I say I'm disappointed.

I'm done with this as I'm not a politician and not very good at debating...I just thought an interesting topic would make new MFP acquaintances but I guess I was wrong:(

I won't post anymore or comment on others as you people obviously think I'm stupid/dumb...

welcome_to_the_internet.jpg
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    But I HAS been an interesting thread - I've learned about cold water on my hair, and also to combat that very sweaty feeling I often get after a shower, so I'm a convert to cold showers for those 2 reasons alone!

I'd still need more convincing that it has any effect on weight loss, but some of the reseach that people have found has given food for thought.

So - thank you for starting the discussion. :flowerforyou: