Encounter with my ex....need to let it out!

Options
I need to let this out! I have been living in the house I am in now with my boyfriend of 1 1/2 years for about 8 months now. I have been jogging/walking in the neighborhood and have gone this one route and past this house. Just today I saw this guy outside in the front yard of one of the houses. He looked SUPER familiar. I looked again and it was my ex-boyfriend who I was with before my current boyfriend.

I texted him to confirm (I memorize numbers and then I can't un-memorize them) and he confirmed it was him. I have no interest in him and want nothing to do with him. I feel anger and hate towards him for wasting my time and the way he treated me.

This is just so surreal. Do you any of you live close to your ex?

I am just kind of in a state of shock...I put him out of mind so long ago.

I told him that I will be going that way still and that I want nothing to do with him. I said I will pretend (if he is out there) like he is a total stranger.

:-/

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Chicks r weird
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Ooops...wandered into MyRelationshipPal again....*backs out slowly*
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My ex is 2 hours away and in some aspect that's still too close... be thankful you don't have kids.
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Chicks r weird

Seriously.

I think I would have just kept going, not contacted him and went on my way?
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    I do find it odd that you texted him at all. Or presumed that he would care if you would be jogging by. You've all moved on so it's irrelevant. !?!?!?
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    She's young...I may have done the same thing at that age....but since I'm older and wiser now, why the heck did you text him??
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Ooops...wandered into MyRelationshipPal again....*backs out slowly*

LOL!

Yeah. I think the fact that you contacted him after is really weird.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I do find it odd that you texted him at all. Or presumed that he would care if you would be jogging by. You've all moved on so it's irrelevant. !?!?!?

My thoughts too.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Chicks r weird

Seriously.

^^^ This.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    If you have no interest in him and want nothing to do with him, why did you text him?

I hate when people create drama just to rant/whine about it.
  • blondie0942
    blondie0942 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Chicks r weird

Seriously.

Right. I was thinking they ran into each other at the supermarket or something and he was being a douche to her! but if he's just minding his own business outside his house... well...
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Interesting...

"hey wuz walkin round n thot i saw u wuz that u?"

"ya that wuz me"

"k ill see u round their more cuz im gunna walk by alot but i h8 u n dont want ne thing 2 do w/u"
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Chicks r weird

Had to laugh at this one!!! I totally get the poster however, I wouldnt call him to tell him I wouldnt speak to him. I wouldnt have just ignored him into the next century.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Chicks r weird

Yep.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    lol@ her texting him and talking to him. Oh to be young again. I am glad I moved 350 miles away from my ex (abusive relationship of 12 years) WITH the person I left him for :) I doubt I'll run into him anywhere.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    If you have no interest in him and want nothing to do with him, why did you text him?

I hate when people create drama just to rant/whine about it.

exactly.
    reminds me of something I watched on the tube a while ago, forget the specifics. Some chick calling her boytoy to tell him she wasn't speaking to him and giving him the silent treatment, by calling him.

Got drama? Call 1-800-springer, we'll make you famous
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    OMG - such drama over nothing!! Why the heck did you text him?! If anything HE has the right to be annoyed - he was just in his yard mind his business when you started DRAMA!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    you are not over him.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Interesting...

"hey wuz walkin round n thot i saw u wuz that u?"

"ya that wuz me"

"k ill see u round their more cuz im gunna walk by alot but i h8 u n dont want ne thing 2 do w/u"

^^^this hahaha
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    you are not over him.

Precisely. The opposite of "love" is NOT "hate," it is indifference. And you are still hating him, but you need to let go because it is not fair to your current BF...