Encounter with my ex....need to let it out!

Options

Replies

• BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Well I am glad the one ex I want nothing to do with is in Wyoming (i am in Texas) so i don't have to worry about him. All my other exes i'm okay with seeing they weren't that serious.... Though my fiance's ex is looking to move to the same neighborhood as us and that is just weird I don't like it one bit, even though we are all on good terms and it would be easier for us to pick up the kids that's just too close for comfort...
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    She texted him.cuz ahe wanted to heat him.say "wow u lost alot of weight" and make him.feel like cr@p....

Chicks r weird....and obvious....we pretend we cant understand u....but really its ez
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My ex lives 2 minutes away, I see him at the store, I see him when I'm walking the dog. I know he lived there even when we bought the house. Who cares where he lives
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    why on God's green Earth would you text him that you'll be running past his house daily (or whatever)? That makes no sense.... it isn't as if he went out and tried to stop you and say, "aren't you...?"

Kind of a boneheaded move, IMO. He had no idea... probably didn't give a rat's *kitten* either.

Seems to me that maybe you aren't as "over" him as you claim? The only time I've ever cared about where an ex is or worried about running into an ex is when I still have the hots for him...or when I was worried that my abusive ex (who beat me while pregnant) would/could find me and take my (and his, unfortunately) daughter.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    not interested, but texted him... ok
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    So, you texted him to alert him that you live nearby, this is the route that you walk, and you won't be talking to him? That really doesn't make any sense. Oh, but now he has your number (assuming that you changed it after the breakup) and knows your routine. Are you sure you don't have feelings for this guy?
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have bothered contacting him...ignored him, you have moved on??
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    Chicks r weird

this.
    i don't see the big deal.

but then again, some girls have to ability to create drama no matter what they do
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    you are not over him.

Agreed. Otherwise she wouldn't of cared.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I see my ex of 2 years all the time, she lives round the corner lol, at first I hated it, as I gained alot of weight when I was with her and she did her best to make me aware of that before harshly dumping me on valentines day via text to have a new boyfriend within a few days, anyhow, now I love it, I look amazing to what I did, better job, more female attention and she knows it, so for me, its nice. just thought Id share that lol
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Chicks r weird

this.
    i don't see the big deal.

but then again, some girls have to ability to create drama no matter what they do

This! If i found out my ex lived down the street, i would run home and look up new places to live
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My ex lives in the same town, so yes close.
    He gets on the bus minutes away from my place (I live next to the terminal) and we frequently use the same buses.
    So I know I will see him again, seeing how the guy I am seeing a bit lives ... two minutes from his mom's place (where he's living now).

So if we're ever outside I am going to see him and probably his family.

I still talk to my ex's brother though, so I wouldn't care if I saw him at all.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Live and let go. Being angry and unwilling to forgive only hurts you and takes up more of your time. He's not thinking about it and neither should you. Not only does my ex live right around the corner but he, his girl (who i have known since we were 6) and myself all play softball together or against each other a few nights a week. Grow up, be happy with what you have before you lose it.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    She's young...I may have done the same thing at that age....but since I'm older and wiser now, why the heck did you text him??

kind of what I was wondering too.
  • Dyetcoke1
    Dyetcoke1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Maybe you feel the need to let him know how he made you feel, but I am guessing he knew when he was doing it, but he may apologize. Or he may just justify and blame you. A bad ex relationship is like a sore tooth-sometimes you press on it just to see if it still hurts. Think of your exercise like an antibiotic...take it all the way to the end and the pain an infection will.go away and you will get your smile back!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm a bit out of the loop about how past relationships are dealt with, but why in the world did you text him? I would have just thought to myself 'oh, that looks like what's-his-face' and gone about my business. As far as the title of your post...I don't think it was much of an "encounter" until you made sure to turn it into one. Just my thoughts.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Maybe just poke him with a big stick, then you'll get the attention you're seeking from him.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I live near most of my exes, bar one, I'm best friends with all of them except my last ex. None of my relationships have ever ended badly, but with my last ex we're now not speaking due to him being an idiot ha, so if I did happen to see him knowing me I'd act like I didn't even see anything. I mean you said you hate him for not treating you right but you still texted him, little bit weird. My last ex treated me like crap, he cheated on me and while I don't hate him for any of it, I have nothing to say to him. I still know his number, but if I ever saw him why would I text him to tell him I hated him and we weren't talking? It sounds slightly silly. You've moved on, forget about him, he's in the past.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I have seen my last ex, 3 times in the 4 months we've been broken up and we dont even live in the same city, it sucks! One lives 3 miles away and we never run into each other. Thanks for the laugh! I'm sure none of the people posting on here have ever done anything stupid.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Interesting...

"hey wuz walkin round n thot i saw u wuz that u?"

"ya that wuz me"

"k ill see u round their more cuz im gunna walk by alot but i h8 u n dont want ne thing 2 do w/u"

HA!!!