Encounter with my ex....need to let it out!

Options

Replies

• weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    He lives close by and you saw him...so what? Go about your business and forget about him. Would your guy like the fact you text your ex bf to make sure it was him you saw?
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    You actually texted him to find out it was him and then notified him that you wouldn't talk to him when you saw him as you want nothing to do with him?

HUH? He was outside his house and you walked by, wouldn't it have been easier to just keep walking and not spend so much energy on that other business? Are you really over him because I wouldn't remotely do anything like that.
  • patkterry
    Options
    You should always assume its him and just go the another route-without contacting him. If I ever see an EX anywhere I turn around and the other way- there is always a reason he is an EX.
    Move on because its in the past, I wouldn't bring it up to your current relationship because it will cause tension. He will think you are interested in your EX, just as people on here do because you contacted him.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I live 5 minutes away from my ex-husband and it's a double edge sword for me...we have kids together so it's convenient, but most days I wish he lived in Antarctica.

One day, I'm hoping, he will just go far away forever. :bigsmile:
  • laxwyo
    laxwyo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    "I just called you to let you know I'm giving you the silent treatment"
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Chicks r weird

this!!!!

why would you text him 'to confirm' and then go to the trouble of telling him you always run that route and will be ignoring him if he sees you...?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

just let it go...
  • LeeM86
    LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I don't quite get why you contacted him at all if you want nothing with him. I'm on this with the guys... it's weird.

I mean, why contact someone to tell him you don't want contact with him and plan to ignore him? :S

I mean no offense, I simply don't get it.
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Ooops...wandered into MyRelationshipPal again....*backs out slowly*
    :laugh:
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Youve made it look like you care or are bothered by him because you texted him.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    you are over him?

seh6p.gif
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    thought this was going to be a post explaining that you got drunk and then accidently let him bang you for a couple of hours and has left you feeling guilty. Oh well.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Chicks r weird

That
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Cool story, bro.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    well I wouldn't have text to confirm just to let him know I will be acting like you are a stranger sounds weird
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    you are over him?

seh6p.gif

LMAO
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You want nothing to do with him but the 1st thing you do is send him a text?

U stoopid?
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I agree that it was a wrong move to contact if you don't want contact. Just ignoring probably would have been best. She is young and probably didn't think before doing what she did. Name calling is also making all of you sound very young too.
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Chicks r weird

Seriously.

I think I would have just kept going, not contacted him and went on my way?

THIS...was there really a need TC?
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    If you have no interest in him and want nothing to do with him, why did you text him?

I hate when people create drama just to rant/whine about it.
    or try to ruin someone's encouraging thread for no reason at all. sound familiar?
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    If you're over him and want nothing to do with him, I don't think you would have contacted him. The fact that you did tells me you are either not over him or you wanted to find out if he is really over you or both. I think if you were in fact over him, you would have avoided contacting him and continued on with what you were doing. If he approached you, you could have told him you don't see the need in continuing a friendship. But from what you've said it sounds like the conversation would have went in a completely opposite direction.

Currently, I do not live close to my ex but I am happily married so it wouldn't matter either way. I used to live a few houses down from my ex and yes it does make it harder to get over them but I never called him to tell him I'm over him. That is a bit odd. It's really not his responsibility to avoid you. You could always go in the opposite direction but it sounds like you want to see him or want him to see you. Actions speak louder than words and this is the perfect example.