I'm so sorry but with each new photo . . . . . . .

Options

Replies

• DonitaTorres
    Options
    I think you look Awesome! How did you find variety of tastey lo cal foods?
  • babygirlblue2
    babygirlblue2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have lost 31 pounds and I am having the same problem but I am not giving up. You look GREAT.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I couldn't believe the 2 pictures were the same person. You look so beautiful in both tbh, but the second one, you are shining. You have managed to do an amazing thing in losing 91lbs and you truly are an inspiration to people like me who are starting out.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I do know what you mean... You look amazing in that dress.... I keep getting depressed due to my "naked" self image.... I have lost 80 pounds before i joined on here, and I have about 50 to go.
  • amm703
    amm703 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean, but you look amazing. congrats on a great job
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I was worried about loose skin too. I have it in two places...but I attribute the fact that I don't have more to using an olive oil lotion as I was losing weight and working out diligently while I was losing the weight.
    Try toning exercises...it should help
    I'm so sorry I just have to share . . . . . . . . . . . . .

With the weight that I lost, currently 91lb and 9lb away from goal, I look at myself (eeeek naked) in the mirror and dispair.
    My skin is saggy, my boobs feel like their emptying and I dont feel sexy at all.

I'm praying, hoping, pleading that all this weight training and exercise will help with my body shape and image and self confidence.

When living day to day and looking in the mirror (eeeek naked) I fell like my 'old' self. Frumpy and ugly and I hate it.

452.jpg

But then I see a photo of me now and I find it hard to believe that this is me?!?!

swimwear2.jpg

. . . . . I see the picture of me and I feel slim and sexy and amazing and then I just think its a lie . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

IF only they saw me naked!!!!!!! does anyone else feel like this??? Its really knocking my self confidence!
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Do I know JUST how exactly you are feeling. It's called Body Dysmorphia. I have it HORRIBLY. Especially when I am NOT looking in the mirror.... it is the WORST. I look down at my lower belly and think about how FAR I have left to go. SO HARD and SO frustrating. The photo doesn't lie hon! You look great! Just try to focus your successes elsewhere if you can. <3 Much hugs!
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    There are very few people in this world who think they look hot naked, and even fewer among those of us who already have body image issues. You look amazing. Are you planning a nudie vacation? If not, think about how many people see you without your clothes on. I'm willing to bet the ones who do see you naked aren't totally in love with their bodies, either. Celebrate your weight loss:-)
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. You were pretty before too. Just remember all the health benefits of losing weight. Think of all the things you're now able to do that you couldn't before. Focus on toning up and strength training.
  • DIYmomma
    DIYmomma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!! Im dealing with the same issues now myself and im still 40+ pounds away from my goal. I know that weight training will help, and drinking tons of water too, but some people just dont have as much elasticity in their skin as others. My great grandmother has never been more than 140lbs and is 5' 4" and she has almost as much extra skin as i do!! I know most here are against it, but having a body lift is sometimes the only way to take care of that extra skin.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I feel the SAME way!! every day. I see pictures and I know I look good with all the weight loss, BUT I still feel very self conscious about how I look... Grr. it's annoying. The mental change is harder than the lifestyle change you have to make.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    First off you look amazing! I can totally relate. Our mind has to catch up to our bodys new image. Taking photos is a good way to help overcome this feeling.
  • BeautyIsABeast
    BeautyIsABeast Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yeeeees. I feel like that always. I have 30 lbs to go and I have lost 30 lbs since years ago. My breast are raisins and my thighs move like liquid. Not to mention I have Batman wing span arms, Cellulite galore and stretch marks with no kids to place the blame. Yet my sister swears I have a body like beyonce and others think I'm thinning by the minute. All I can think is..."yea but u don't see me necade". The reality is....yea, the breast have gone to the lake of dire. And sure...u have plenty of loose skin you wish would evaporate into thin air. Shrugs. It happens and all we can do is get as fit as we can ...that way those areas will look like tiny nonsense compared to the rest of our amazingly banging bodys....:-)
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have that same feeling. You look great though! Most people don't see us naked...and if we saw others that we admired...we might not think they're so hot naked either...LOL
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, kudos to you!!!

Try talking with a trainer and doctor and see what is the best way to go!
  • Fenestra13
    Fenestra13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look good! Only very few people look truly good naked, in a picturesque sense. The rest of us just only get nakie in front of people that know of our journey. I look better naked than I did, but I do get a bit bummed over the deflated-balloon effect at time. Just try to shrug it off and love your body.

i TOTALLY agree. Most of us don't think we look as good naked as we do in clothes. Heck, even supermodel photos are retouched because they don't look perfect, so don't feel bad. To us, who see you dressed, you lot HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should be so proud. It's hard to lose 91 lbs. Enjoy what you have worked so hard to gain.
  • Sheckypie
    Options
    yoga helps..... i do yoga with weights so that it helps tighten as i stretch :happy:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    wow you look awesome! and to be honest, do you ever wonder how many 'skinny' girls feel and look the same naked and just never admit? You're not alone!! When I was skinny, i was always self conscious because I have a weird tan/white spot on my stomach. When I was little, I got a bad sunburn on my belly and it just stays white now, no matter what. I hated it. And I have huge birthmarks. I don't think anyone ever fully feels confident in their bodies. I think being fat for me, is a kind of 'good' excuse to not pay notice to these things. Once I get the weight off, I'll have those things plus the saggy skin and still have my momma pouch too i'm sure. But seriously, you look great =)
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Losing the weight was just part 1. Then next part is toning and moving stuff back where it was...LOL It's a life style...you have plenty of time. Just enjoy the fact that you look really good, I mean REALLY GOOD, with your clothes on. Soon you'll look good naked too. Just keep up the hard work...it will pay off. Lift heavy and reap the benefits.
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    you look good. be happy!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!