Rant about men!

Options

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    i love men...the ones on my FL are amazing.

quoting myself.men rock.women rock.***holes are ***holes.
    Exactly
    Gender bashing is old
    And comes off as bitter and sad

Nicely said, both of you :)
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    women say even more vapid ****. Try going to a bar on any given night and actually trying to converse with some of these girls...it's impossible...there is no brain activity.

Most people are idiots, it's gender neutral
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    "that bird is like really pregnant"

thought you meant actual bird. We shouldn't objectify animals either though.

OMG...i totally thought the same thing. now it makes a lot more sense...

Love your screen name and your profile picture! Rock on!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I don't discriminate; I hate everyone equally.
  • Dayna5K
    Dayna5K Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't discriminate; I hate everyone equally.

^^This
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    In my early twenties and I have come to the sad conclusion that chivalry is dead, guys talk about wanting a "nice girl" or a someone to treat like a "princess" how about being a nice guy, or a prince. This has been a big issue with me n my bf lately I get more gentlemenly type behaviour from strangers or co-workers and more appareciation from friends. Ergh! I was so glad to see a rant up here cause its really frustrating me how guys try so hard to get a get then dont bother once she's around.
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Oh, God. Is that all you're upset about? Not holding the door or saying stupid *kitten*? I thought you were going to list something really egregious like folding the towels wrong or not buying big enough diamonds.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    women say even more vapid ****. Try going to a bar on any given night and actually trying to converse with some of these girls...it's impossible...there is no brain activity.

don't go to a bar if you are looking for intelligent person to converse with
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

why? Intelligent people like to have drinks with friends.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

Heavy alcohol consumption is actually statistically linked to high intelligence.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

Heavy alcohol consumption is actually statistically linked to high intelligence.

<-- case study lol

i wholeheartedly agree with some of the above posters. stupidity is most definitely gender agnostic.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I feel sorry for men sometimes honestly. We're all capable of being *kitten*. Every single one of my friends are male. I have not hung out with a chick in over 20 years and probably still wouldn't even if she were super cool. I think in general men want to be nice and try the best they can with what they know, but women are too busy sending mixed messages that its a wonder a guy can even function properly around us anymore. There are good guys and there are bad guys. There are good women and there are evil women lol. I say evil because of the cattiness and the drama. Men don't tend to start or cause drama but if you throw shi* in their faces they will get back at you and why wouldn't they? I do not expect a guy to stand there waiting holding the door open for me and really wouldn't be offended or pissed off if the door slammed shut in my face. Half the time men aren't even paying attention to the small things and just doing their thing and have no idea you're even walking there behind them.
    Too many mixed messages from chicks these days. We're either tough and strong and don't need a man for anything, that would be me I suppose but only cause I am anal and like stuff done my way and really don't need any help. If and when I do I ask... Or we're still stuck in that era were we expect him to stand there in the rain holding the door making him go back to the car in the rain at midnight and get our purse that we forgot or something because we're really just to prima donna to do it ourselves lol. I know a few girls like that and it drives me insane, but what makes it worse is the man who lets her treat him like a step and fetch it kind of guy.

I prefer hanging around men, they're more my style. I also think more woman than men take out s*** that the last a-hole did to them on the new guys in their life and just never get over things from their past and start to find every last little thing wrong with the new guy when most of the time there is nothing wrong. My ex boyfriend had a shirt that read, "I'm not him!" and I totally got what he was saying.
    Now if a male or female holds the door open for me I say thank you and hold it open for the next person behind me. And if a guy ran out of his way to hold the door open for me I would thank him and probably want to buy him lunch because guys do still do nice things for us even though we're B****es lol. Example I had a really nice looking guy the other night go out of his way to keep the door open at this restaurant I was at, and I was still getting out of my car and had just barely shut the car door and he is standing there holding the door open waiting for me cause he knew I was coming in and I looked like total S***, so it wasn't because I was some hot chick in a hot outfit either lol. That is a cool *kitten* guy right there, and I wanted to buy him a drink just to say thanks but he was with a girl so I didn't cause that might of been rude. But had he let the door shut on me I really wouldn't of gotten mad about it and to be honest with you if he did it on purpose I still wouldn't care. Life's too short for that kind of crap.

I don't even remember wtf this thread was about now or the point I was trying to make at all anymore sheez. All I see is the he said she said stuff going on in here and I don't remember this thread starting out that way. My point is, I love men and think they're kind of kickass :D And I think there are some cool women out there too. We just need to communicate better and not take things so seriously all the time. At least not little things like holding a door open for someone. Sure its common courtesy to some but it doesn't make you an *kitten* if you don't.

And obviously not all chicks are *kitten*, I'm not and there seem to be a lot of cool women in this forum.
  • ubuntufav
    Options
    I feel sorry for men sometimes honestly. We're all capable of being *kitten*. Every single one of my friends are male. I have not hung out with a chick in over 20 years and probably still wouldn't even if she were super cool. I think in general men want to be nice and try the best they can with what they know, but women are too busy sending mixed messages that its a wonder a guy can even function properly around us anymore. There are good guys and there are bad guys. There are good women and there are evil women lol. I say evil because of the cattiness and the drama. Men don't tend to start or cause drama but if you throw shi* in their faces they will get back at you and why wouldn't they? I do not expect a guy to stand there waiting holding the door open for me and really wouldn't be offended or pissed off if the door slammed shut in my face. Half the time men aren't even paying attention to the small things and just doing their thing and have no idea you're even walking there behind them.
    Too many mixed messages from chicks these days. We're either tough and strong and don't need a man for anything, that would be me I suppose but only cause I am anal and like stuff done my way and really don't need any help. If and when I do I ask... Or we're still stuck in that era were we expect him to stand there in the rain holding the door making him go back to the car in the rain at midnight and get our purse that we forgot or something because we're really just to prima donna to do it ourselves lol. I know a few girls like that and it drives me insane, but what makes it worse is the man who lets her treat him like a step and fetch it kind of guy.

I prefer hanging around men, they're more my style. I also think more woman than men take out s*** that the last a-hole did to them on the new guys in their life and just never get over things from their past and start to find every last little thing wrong with the new guy when most of the time there is nothing wrong. My ex boyfriend had a shirt that read, "I'm not him!" and I totally got what he was saying.
    Now if a male or female holds the door open for me I say thank you and hold it open for the next person behind me. And if a guy ran out of his way to hold the door open for me I would thank him and probably want to buy him lunch because guys do still do nice things for us even though we're *****es lol. Example I had a really nice looking guy the other night go out of his way to keep the door open at this restaurant I was at, and I was still getting out of my car and had just barely shut the car door and he is standing there holding the door open waiting for me cause he knew I was coming in and I looked like total ****, so it wasn't because I was some hot chick in a hot outfit either lol. That is a cool guy *kitten* guy right there, and I wanted to buy him a drink just to say thanks but he was with a girl so I didn't cause that might of been rude. But had he let the door shut on me I really wouldn't of gotten mad about it and to be honest with you if he did it on purpose I still wouldn't care. Life's too short for that kind of crap.

I don't even remember wtf this thread was about now or the point I was trying to make at all anymore sheez. All I see is the he said she said stuff going on in here and I don't remember this thread starting out that way. My point is, I love men and think they're kind of kickass :D And I think there are some cool women out there too. We just need to communicate better and not take things so seriously all the time. At least not little things like holding a door open for someone. Sure its common courtesy to some but it doesn't make you an *kitten* if you don't.

And obviously not all chicks are *kitten*, I'm not and there seem to be a lot of cool women in this forum.

OMG, you are so awesome. Thank you. Please tell Zebra shoes chick that. She thinks women are saints and can not do any wrong. This post was about how men are whatever and it is ok to bash men but men saying anything about women, well now thats just wrong and unacceptable. Not really fair.
  • ZoeyRobinson
    Options
    IT WAS A BIRD. Not slang for a woman but an actual flying BIRD. The man thought the bird was pregnant!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Not all men obviously. I know there are great ones out there :wink:

However, what is with men acting like children and/or idiots? These are some of the conversations I heard in the last few days.

"Bro, Imma get on my razor and bounce" <- Said by a man at least 35 years old.

"Man I saw a pregnant bird the other day. It was really pregnant. Like ready to give birth. It was huge!" <- said by a man in his 50's

"I need to go to the tanning salon tonight. I still don't have a base" <- The man must have been mid twenties

"I haven't gotten a manicure in weeks" <- It's from a different guy around 30.

"Dude, I aint got a job so the ***** has to pay" <- Sadly, he was in his mid 30's

I never see men opening doors for women. It is ALWAYS the other way around. Why can't it be 50/50? I can open a door for myself and others but men have gotten so lazy. I have seen so many couples where the guys are on their cellphones and the women are lugging the groceries or at IKEA it was heavy looking furniture box. I am just saddened to see really weak men.

Is it just me or have you noticed it too?

**** I know women have their annoying traits too so this isn't an "i hate men" rant because I adore men. I just hate the wussies who say stupid %$^&

I know someone is going to take offense and hurl insults at me and that totally fine. Bring it! :drinker:

now if you inserted the words **** **** and god damn into every sentince i would think you where talking to my hubbie......except for the manicure, ive been trying to get him to get one for years:wink:
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I am lucky to have an old school at heart fiance. He would never walk through a door before me....always puts me first with everything. Chivalry is not dead....yet :-)

However, I have given him a home pedicure before. He would kill me for typing that on the internet!! haha
  • ubuntufav
    Options
    Oh, God. Is that all you're upset about? Not holding the door or saying stupid *kitten*? I thought you were going to list something really egregious like folding the towels wrong or not buying big enough diamonds.

Awesome, love it.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i fink diz fin, u GOTT2 uze contresepsion tho wich bad. lds mormon sey dat u cn av multipal wivs BUT u cant uze contreseption. so b prepard tio have babes. if u nt prepard to av babes den u gota stay wiv ur husbend. Simplez

kelly x

WTF?
    and i thought my grasp of language was bad
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    and what the hell is wrong with a guy tanning?!

I tan and I doubt anyone would call me feminine. And a manicure...big ****ing deal. If he didnt get a manicure, you would probably be complaining about his lack of hygiene.
  • deads99
    deads99 Posts: 77
    Options
    Women pushed to equality and men didn't understand what that meant. Equality meant that women would like the ability to hold down the same jobs as men, getting the same pay for the same or equal job, the same benefits, etc. Men took women's desire for equality to the extreme, figuring that women also wanted to be treated like men - opening their own doors, carrying their own packages, etc.

There is a difference between equality and respect.

Equality means that women are given the same opportunities as men, such as being able to hold the same jobs, being paid the same as men for the same or equal jobs, being able to attend the same schools, being able to advance into the same positions as men, etc.

Respect, on the other hand, is realizing that women are human beings, not some bird that is pregnant, some chick that is someone you would 'do', etc. Opening doors, helping with carrying packages, buying a woman flowers, paying for the first date (especially if the man asked first), walking on the road side of the sidewalk, etc. comes out of respect.

Unfortunately, since men misunderstood what women meant as 'equality', they threw out those things that show respect.

Look at older men (those in their 80s) and how they treat women and compare that to younger men. The older men have it right, as far as I am concerned. They show respect to women, whereas the younger men (not all of them, but a lot of them) show very little respect toward women, seeing them only as something to fulfill their sexual needs.

Women have a long way to go before they are treated well, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting because I don't see it happening. Women will always be seen as sexual toys first and foremost, and then maybe, just maybe, as the relationship grows, the man will see her as a human being.

Blah blah blah

Go make me a sandwich