Options
    Bump!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tljohnson
    Options
    Good job! It is hard to eat the right thing. I think it is great that you are eating less process stuff. You will feel better and then want the good healthy stuff! Great job and keep up the good work!
  • tljohnson
    Options
    Hi. I can get you a recipe for salsa from a friend at work. i will get it and post it.

Keep it up ladies and gents!
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    BUMP..
    Question...? What are the portion sizes? 1 cup?
  • Modmomma79
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! I think I will give this a try this week.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yes, please.

And I'm gonna switch the sour cream for FF plain greek yogurt.
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump - sounds good. Thanks
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi. I can get you a recipe for salsa from a friend at work. i will get it and post it.

Keep it up ladies and gents!

That sounds great. Thanks for everyone's comments. Although there are differences of opinion I really do appreciate all of your suggestions to make this recipe cleaner.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Throw out the pasta and replace with spinach or even spaghetti squash or zucchini, get some real full fat sour cream and you might have something clean.
  • Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I copied this recipe but made a few substitutions that changed the nutrition totals. I substituted Plain Non-fat Greek Yogurt for the sour cream, low fat shredded cheddar cheese for the shredded cheddar cheese, ground white meat turkey breast for the ground turkey and I make my own taco seasoning mix that is virtually zero calories with no additives or preservatives.

1 serving = 215 calories, 4.1g total fat, 1.4g sat fat, 42mg chol, 293mg sodium, 14 mg potassium, 20g carbs, 2g fiber, 2.9g sugar, 25g protein

:happy:
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump to try later
  • hkandiko
    hkandiko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    Or, if you don't want MSG in your meal, spend the extra 30 seconds to make your own taco seasoning mix:

(Recipe is for the equivalent of one packet of taco seasoning)

1 tablespoon chili powder (you can buy hot chili powder if you want it spicy)
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper

I like the taco bake idea :)

Thank you! I did not care for the idea of using packaged taco seasoning!! Also I would use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream! Adds protein which is a good thing and tastes the same. Well a bit richer but that is a good thing!

Such great ideas here! I think I'll try the recipe but with this spice mix and the Greek yogurt next week. Sounds like a great recipe even my hubby and son would enjoy! Thanks for the original recipe and the suggested variations.
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well be trying it this sometime this week.. thanks

25438163.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    BUMP - thanks this looks great and something that I can easily "half" hehe tough to find good recipies when your cooking for one.
  • shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Looks easy, as well as tasty! Will be trying this. :)
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Or, if you don't want MSG in your meal, spend the extra 30 seconds to make your own taco seasoning mix:

(Recipe is for the equivalent of one packet of taco seasoning)

1 tablespoon chili powder (you can buy hot chili powder if you want it spicy)
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper

I like the taco bake idea :)

Thank you! I did not care for the idea of using packaged taco seasoning!! Also I would use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream! Adds protein which is a good thing and tastes the same. Well a bit richer but that is a good thing!

Such great ideas here! I think I'll try the recipe but with this spice mix and the Greek yogurt next week. Sounds like a great recipe even my hubby and son would enjoy! Thanks for the original recipe and the suggested variations.

I just use Ms Dash Southwest Chipotle as taco seasoning :)