• jadums
    jadums Posts: 22
    Options
    bump :)
  • twonkieone
    twonkieone Posts: 132
    Options
    dumb question what does bump mean?

:bump: is a way to save a thread to read later - it shows up on your home page that you visited here and gives you a link back. people :bump: as a way of saving if they don't want to make a comment. bumping also puts the topic back at the top of the list - so if you bump an old thread it sorta gets renewed.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    Unstuffed Peppers In A Crock Pot

Jennie O - Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage Lean, 2.5 link (109g/3.9 oz)
    (Aldi) Happy Harvest - Tomato Sauce, 1 container (9/10 cup ea.) 70 18 0 0 4 980
    Aldi Happy Harvest Diced Tomatoes, 2 container (1 4/5 cups ea.) 175 35 0 7 7 1,400
    Generic - Brown Rice, Long Grain (Dry), 1 cup (dry) 45g 640 136 4 12 8 0
    Onion - Whole, Medium Size, White, Raw, 1 whole 40 9 0 1 2 0
    Cochran - Bell Pepper Green (Raw), 4 medium (approx. 2 3/4" long, 2 1/2" dia) (119g) 96 24 0 4 8 16
    Fresh Garlic - Garlic Clove, 3 Medium Clove (4g) 12 3 0 0 0 0
    Oil - Olive, 1 tablespoon 119 0 14 0 0 0

I start by browning the sausage by scrambling it or roll it into small balls and brown it, Add garlic, onions and peppers. Cook until they just start to sweat. Set aside. In the crock, add canned tomatoes (do not drain), tomato sauce and olive oil. Add 1 cup water. Add 1 cup of rice. Stir in the sausage and veggies. Give it a stir and cover. Cook on low 6-8 hrs.

Makes 4 servings, calories 388, carbs 56, fat 11, protein 17, fiber 7, sodium 1018

**to cut down sodium, use no-salt canned tomatoes and sauce, or about 4 cups fresh diced tomatoes.
  • babybs
    babybs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Found this one on Spark People, VERY yummy! You can use leftovers for stuffing tortillas or pita or you can use it on salads. Simple and tasty.

Crockpot Chicken Taco Stew

1 onion chopped
    1- 16 oz can black beans (not drained)
    1- 16 oz can kidney beans (not drained)
    1- 16 oz can corn (drained)
    1- 8 oz can tomato sauce
    2- 14.5 cans of diced tomatoes with chilies (i used Rotel and it made it nicely spicy)
    1- 1.25 packet of taco seasoning
    2- boneless skinless chicken breasts

Mix everything together in crockpot except chicken. Lay chicken on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Thirty minutes before serving remove chicken and shred. Return to crockpot and stir in.

Makes 14 servings - 1 serving = 1 loaded cup

Nutritional Info:
    Calories 158.7
    fat 1.1g
    carbohydrates 24.4g
    protein 14.0g

You can serve with sour cream, cheese or tortilla chips for additional calories.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bump for later!!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mlashay
    mlashay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump diggity! :glasses:

Barely use my crock pot right now but will definitely start, some of these sound so easy and fantastic!
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Tomato Soup with Israeli Couscous

Sauté I med onion, diced fine, and 1minced garlic clove, in 1T olive oil
    Combine w/3 C veg stock, 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes, 1 T tomato paste, 1 pinch sugar, 2 bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste.
    Cook on low 6-8 hours. Service over 1/4 C Israeli couscous per serving and garnish w/fresh basil.

Very good, and if you over-pepper a little bit, nice and spicy.
  • Bean5
    Options
    Another really good recipe for something different - a version of sph sauce

1 eggplant, peeled and diced
    1 med onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic minced
    1 16 oz can Italian- style tomatoes
    1 6oz can tomato paste
    1 4 oz can mushrooms
    1 t dried parsley flakes
    1 t leaf oregano
    1 1/2 t salt
    1 t sugar

Combine all, stir well, cook on low 8 hours, or on High 2-4 hours.
  • shercoup
    shercoup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Unstuffed Peppers In A Crock Pot

Jennie O - Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage Lean, 2.5 link (109g/3.9 oz)
    (Aldi) Happy Harvest - Tomato Sauce, 1 container (9/10 cup ea.) 70 18 0 0 4 980
    Aldi Happy Harvest Diced Tomatoes, 2 container (1 4/5 cups ea.) 175 35 0 7 7 1,400
    Generic - Brown Rice, Long Grain (Dry), 1 cup (dry) 45g 640 136 4 12 8 0
    Onion - Whole, Medium Size, White, Raw, 1 whole 40 9 0 1 2 0
    Cochran - Bell Pepper Green (Raw), 4 medium (approx. 2 3/4" long, 2 1/2" dia) (119g) 96 24 0 4 8 16
    Fresh Garlic - Garlic Clove, 3 Medium Clove (4g) 12 3 0 0 0 0
    Oil - Olive, 1 tablespoon 119 0 14 0 0 0

I start by browning the sausage by scrambling it or roll it into small balls and brown it, Add garlic, onions and peppers. Cook until they just start to sweat. Set aside. In the crock, add canned tomatoes (do not drain), tomato sauce and olive oil. Add 1 cup water. Add 1 cup of rice. Stir in the sausage and veggies. Give it a stir and cover. Cook on low 6-8 hrs.

Makes 4 servings, calories 388, carbs 56, fat 11, protein 17, fiber 7, sodium 1018

**to cut down sodium, use no-salt canned tomatoes and sauce, or about 4 cups fresh diced tomatoes.

THAT SOUNDS DELICIOUS!!!! :tongue:
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    Bump
  • danaweston
    Options
    yea for the crock pot

rinse one whole chicken ( skin off if you want ) take aluminum foil strips folded to make an X in the bottom of the crock pot enough to extend to the top of the pot. Spray the pot/strips with non stick oil. Season chicken inside and out. Place chicken in pot breast down. Liquid is not needed. Cook on low setting 8+ hours. Enjoy roasted chicken carved or off the bone. Use the aluminum strips to remove the cooked chicken from the pot. This works for meatloaf as well..
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    I sent you a private message with my email address, would love the crockpot recipes as well please and thank you so much :)
  • Bean5
    Options
    Pg 7 of this thread--misticache, I made your chicken noodle soup for the kids' lunch today. And they loved it! Thanks for a very simple good recipe!