Body Fat Percentage

Options
124»

Replies

• SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    The military calculator says I'm 27.8%, while my scale says I'm anywhere from 31-40%. I'm much more inclined to believe my scale, because given 27.8% BF, I would only have to lose about 25 lbs. to get to a healthy BF% (19%), and it's very apparent by look at me that I need to lose much more than that.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm 28-30%, so I'm still obese according to this percentage. I didn't track it from the start but when I lost around 5lbs when I first started tracking I dropped down from 31% to 28.7% not sure how accurate it was though (Omron body scale).

Your picture is amazing! Lol. I am similar, I went from almost 32% at 156 pounds to 28.7% at 149. I'll take 25% :)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Um...that's a bit low. 19% is actually pretty good. Some websites tell me I'm at 27% while others say 41% so I have no idea where I am right now. :laugh:

Same here! Lol. Ugh wish I knew which one was right lol.

I'm more inclined to believe I'm closer to 41%, as I'm 188 pounds and am 5'3.5" tall and I should be at least 40 pounds lighter. I'll be purchasing an Omron handheld body fat measuring tool thingy soon. Hopefully it'll help answer that question. :laugh:
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    <
    Pics of 37.9% (left) and 22.7% (right). Goal is sub-20%.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had a dexa scan about 6 months ago and it was 13.8%. It might be a little lower than that right now, but not by much.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I got my Body Fat take in late June, I've lost a bit of weight since then and gained more muscle.
    But mine was 13.7% then and I for sure do not look like the 10-12%.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    websites tell me 23%... a bf scale at my gym says 14.8%. If you look at my profile... I'm probably closer to 15% than to 23%