where are my nerds?!?!?

Options

Replies

• KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Love all things Whedon especially Buffy and Doll House. Grrr Argh. My attention span is too short to be labelled a nerd or a geek though!
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Right Here. Total nerd girl. Into Fantasy, Sci Fi, had a massive comic collection when I was younger, play video games better than guys. I read for fun, shocking I know, got straight A's in school and think studying and learning is made of win. I watch(ed) Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Black Adder, Red Dwarf, Monty Python. I prefer the book versions of LotR and Harry Potter, and everything else though Hunger Games wasn't bad, and think a real book is more awesome than my Kindle. So if this doesn't make me a nerd....no clue what I am then.
  • Carla2299
    Carla2299 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Definitely a geek here- gamer (including d&d when I was younger), sci-fi, needing to know absolutely useless things ( unless playing trivial pursuit), Star Trek...the list goes on and on
  • ltkasmala
    ltkasmala Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am reading some of the posts and while I have always been considered a nerd, now know why! :D My undergraduate degree is in biology and I am working on a master's in education technology (Hope to be done in December!). I also have taught physics and chemistry. My favorite all time movie series is Star Wars, and when I watch TV it is usually NCIS, Supernatural, or Dexter... Count me in!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    We just named our new kittens Mister Frodo and Samwise Gamgee. Does that make us nerds?

Ohmigosh that's awesome! :happy: My cat is Alastor Moody. I will have to try obscure Tolkien names for my next pet.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I'm an engineering student geek/nerd outcast who spends her free time watching anime/other things related. Games a little less so. I'm also a code monkey for my school's website and a member of the biomaterials section of my school's tissue engineering lab.

I was socially awkward as a kid, and was bullied by the "popular" kids and sometimes laughed at, also deemed one the "smart ones," so the same popular kids would try to copy my work. Now that I'm in college, most of them are losers who live off foodstamps and live with their parents o.o;;

In my head, I have conversations with Yang Wenli and Reinhard von Lohengramm and have them stomping on Light and Lelouch's less superior a**es. Death Note and Code Geass is not the *kitten* and Guilty Crown was LOL of the year. Best for summer season is currently Sword Art Online, YUKI KAJIURA FTW. (Although her tracks seem less superior from her old work, like .hack and Noir ;-;)
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm a Brony, Trekkie, Browncoat, still a Harry/Hermione shipper, love theonering.net, a fan of Rimmer on facebook, and named one of my daughters after Kahlan Amnell.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Nerd..... I'm a Geek!
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Well I am a librarian. How much nerdier could I get ! LOL :laugh: I'm a huge LOTR and Harry Potter fan. I love Star Trek and Star Wars and....vampires. :blushing:
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    here
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy school, particularly math and science... Love Harry Potter. I'm not up to date on pop culture. I am a total bookworm. :)
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    We just named our new kittens Mister Frodo and Samwise Gamgee. Does that make us nerds?

Ohmigosh that's awesome! :happy: My cat is Alastor Moody. I will have to try obscure Tolkien names for my next pet.

My cat's name is Kodo on his adoption papers, fiance and I met on World of Warcraft (I've been clean for two years lol) but we just call him KITTY!!!! because he's a jerk and we're always yelling AWW GADAMMIT KITTY at him.

I love that little jerk :D
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd and I'm pretty proud of it.
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't think the word 'nerd' is an accurate description anymore.

FOR INSTANCE: I can count my RL friends on one hand; can't make more because I tend to go on and on for hours about the intricacies of apellate law. I am obsessed with the book 'Count of Monte Cristo', and petulantly refuse to see any of the movies.
    My hair is wierd and un-styled, and as long as all the jiggly bits are covered I don't really care what I'm wearing.

I changed from black plastic to wire frames last year because it wierds me out to see teenagers wearing my glasses.

Bottom line, I'm just not hip enough to be called a nerd.
  • allie_katt
    allie_katt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Present!

Qualifications: Major Star Trek fan (original series, please!), Firefly, Serenity, LOTR, I may be the only person on the planet with a subscription to a math and logic puzzle magazine, know the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by heart, big fan of RPGs, and I go to the Renaissance Faire in costume.

Do I pass?
  • Irishmoonwitch
    Options
    Me I am a geek... I play MTG, online video games... played WoW... stopped after 7 years. Play SWtOR now, and of course Dragon Age and so on. Love Japanese Anime and my favorite is Sailor Moon in Japanese of course. The english version is just bad in my opinion. And of course love many of the shows and movies already mentioned. Oh and I use to LARP but no longer that was when i lived in Ca.

However my boyfriend is a nerd. Owns his own computer software company.. Has his overly pricey computer set up to the 73 in tv we have.
  • dolphinmom23
    dolphinmom23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love nerds, I am a bit of one and married to one as well. I am GM of a guild on WoW and we have been around since vanilla. I enjoy both but think Star Wars is better then Star Trek. I grew up on Buffy and the other Joss Wedon goodies.. Enjoy anime, Vampire Knight and FB are a couple of my favs, proud to be raising my kids on it as well. We managed to buy the entire Sailor Moon for one of my daughters birthdays.. LOVE to read, I lean a little more toward fantasy then sci-fi, but enjoy both. :love:
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I tend to think of myself as geek more than nerd, but I'm not sure what the difference is in most people's minds. I go to sci fi cons, am in the sca, have heaping piles of books, and a code monkey for my day job. I don't play any online games but do like board games like Dominion (and now own them all, partly inherited). I have pretty decent social skills and like to be around people, but find the standard, say, cocktail party work function where you stand around chit chatting with drinks in hand, to be a form of torture.
  • whoviangleek
    Options
    The poor Dalek! They are definitely my favorite monster from Doctor Who.
  • Tbgelfling
    Options
    Oh I am a biiig nerd...here to get my revenge on fat,