VS "Love Your Body" Commerical Rant

Options

Replies

• rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Agree 100%.
    I've never shopped there, and likely never will.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I went into Victoria Secret to be fit for a new bra... I had shopped there for years, even at my heaviest I could fit into their largest cup size... I went in, she measured me and then said, "Oh honey, we don't sell YOUR SIZE here anymore..." I was mortified and completely embarassed... Needless to say, even when I get back down to "THEIR SIZES" I won't be shopping there.... Just awful...

Oh my god, I would be so humiliated and angry. I haven't bought any bra's from VS in ages...I think it's disgusting that they don't have larger sizes anymore. Not sure WHY they did that, dosn't make much sense to me...losing a large amount of women by doing that..
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow, they're getting that bad are they? I've just been mad that I can't get cute bras in my size. If it isn't a C cup or smaller, it is nude, black or white. I found cute ones online that I ordered in my size and my boobs are hanging out of the cups and I had to lose 2 inches to fit the band that they measured me out to fit into.

Problem is, I have yet to find a place to shop for bras and haven't been fitted in ages...

cute/ what's a cute bra? My mom had me in a minimizer when I was 14 years old!!! my daughter has cute bras because she can...
    and I just can't! BTW- I have no idea WTF my real size is. One boob is bigger than the other!
  • saesand
    saesand Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i haven't seen the new VS commercial (I don't have cable), but I have a problem with their advertising in general. It has been plain to me that they only stock the most popular sizes. It sucks, but it is a valid business decision. I just wish they wouldn't work so hard to convey the message that they are for all women / the only lingerie store / etc.

Mostly, I thought I should join the rant from a slightly different angle. I'm relatively small now (30 or 32 band size), but my cup size falls way over the edge of the VS line at F/FF. So I'd say you're more likely not to fit into a bra at VS than to fit into one. It's cool if you can and you should feel free to buy their stuff if you like the fit and quality. They're just definitely not for everyone.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I went in, she measured me and then said, "Oh honey, we don't sell YOUR SIZE here anymore..." I was mortified and completely embarassed... Needless to say, even when I get back down to "THEIR SIZES" I won't be shopping there.... Just awful...

Now there's some stellar customer service -- how RUDE. And obnoxious. And...some other choice words I'm not allowed to type on here. Grrrr.
  • camberk
    camberk Posts: 2
    Options
    All commercials dealing with women’s bodies annoy me – other than the occasional ‘out of the box’ ones that show what a real woman looks like.
    I’ve always wondered – they say stats show that the ‘average size’ for an American woman is 12/14. Why is that we all feel bad and want to get to a size 4 instead?
    *rolls eyes* Honestly – society’s view of what is ‘beautiful’ in women just frustrates me. I will NEVER be a size 4 – never WANT to be a size 4 – my husband doesn’t want a size 4…
    But for those that ARE a size 4 and love it – more power to them…. Really loving your body shouldn’t be determinate if your body is finally comparable to what society deems ‘pretty’.
    I can rant about this subject all day long….. I don’t care if you are a size 2 or 22. If you love yourself and are comfortable in your skin – be proud of it. My weight loss journey isn’t about meeting society’s demands of what a woman should look like – but rather me feeling comfortable being me and allowing myself to be the best mom I can be. 

Okay – my partaking in the rant is over!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Ok, considering I have never in my life been a VS size...I find their commercials a bit hypocritical. Love your body campaign...yes...love your body if you can see every bone in it!!! I'm not down to their size yet but I've been working on it. Not sure I want to shop there...just want to be able to say I can!!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    The women in their commercials/catalogs look anorexic to me! They seriously look malnourished..

About the Dove commericals, I used to like them when I thought they looked better, thinner than me but since I've entered the healthy weight range, I think they look fat, not so healthy and lack muscle definition. They carefully pick those models. None of them have big tummies... it's all in the top or the bottom but they are still fairly well proportioned. If they really wanted people to feel 'good' in their own skin, so to speak, they would use women of ALL sizes, not just 14's!
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    "Oh honey, we don't sell YOUR SIZE here anymore..." I was mortified and completely embarassed...

I'm not sure what you wanted her to say if she's just a salesperson and the store doesn't actually carry your size.

"We carry 28A to 38DD. Let me check if we have your size online/try Nordstrom." would have sufficed.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    A store picks the market where they can make the most money. They are a business... their goal is to make money, not make you feel better about yourself. I have the same issues with being on the opposite end of the spectrum, having a flat chest. I buy their underwear but if I boycotted every store just because they didn't carry my bra size I'd hardly have any place to shop. Also, the women in the commercials aren't extremely thin, they look pretty healthy for being models.

If you don't like VS then look at http://bounce.titlenine.com/ They support pretty much everyone.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Thread full of women upset that their exact body type isn't represented in every single commercial
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Who wants to look like those models anyway? I mean if that's your natural body type, great. I'm not as tall and more athletic-looking, lol. I don't know but I'd rather look like me any day of the week. I'm done beating myself up for something I have no control over - genetics. I spent a lifetime hating my body and now I don't. I feel sorry for my nieces who are constantly subjected to this notion that tall and willowy is the only form of beauty. Hogwash. All women are beautiful. Healthy is beautiful. End of story.
  • kytte
    kytte Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow, they're getting that bad are they? I've just been mad that I can't get cute bras in my size. If it isn't a C cup or smaller, it is nude, black or white. I found cute ones online that I ordered in my size and my boobs are hanging out of the cups and I had to lose 2 inches to fit the band that they measured me out to fit into.

Problem is, I have yet to find a place to shop for bras and haven't been fitted in ages...
    you can get cute ones in kohl's :) i tried on some D's in there
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    "Oh honey, we don't sell YOUR SIZE here anymore..." I was mortified and completely embarassed...

I'm not sure what you wanted her to say if she's just a salesperson and the store doesn't actually carry your size.

"We carry 28A to 38DD. Let me check if we have your size online/try Nordstrom." would have sufficed.

YUP^^ She worded that terribly. If you don't think she was rude.. well... no comment.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Dear Victoria's Secret: I saw your "Love your Body" commercial several times last night on TV. It's a nice sentiment, really. But when you stopped carrying my size because you only wanted to market to a smaller crowd and all your models have the exact same body type, I doubt the sincerity of the statement. So is my body only worth loving if I can fit into your stuff? Of course not. What they probably mean is that I'm to love their bodies and not my own. I'm starting to think that even when I can fit into their stuff, I probably still won't shop there as they left a real bad taste in my mouth. Tastes like hypocrisy. /end rant :/

Well said!! :smile: :smile:
  • egates1984
    egates1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't like their commercials but I don't buy my bras or underwear anywhere else. I have never worn a more comfortable bra that was still cute. They have excellent coupons too. I get a free pair of panties every month and coupons on bras. I just went a couple weeks ago and got 2 new bras and a pair of panties for $21! I love VS
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    549646_347980208616687_1231201464_n.jpg
  • athminbri
    athminbri Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just went bra shopping at Target and got so frustrated. Half of their bras are super padded. The tags even say "gain 2 cup sizes" and "if you are a B, you will be a D." WTF? I like my B size. I just want a good bra with a little push up ability. I HATE bra shopping!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options

this. was she supposed to let you look around and figure it out?

VS has always done this... I'm not sure why it's coming as a surprise. Honestly, VS has some of the more healthy looking models in comparison to other fashion companies. They started selling sexy lingerie to women. At least they're advocating to love your body. Whether you believe their goal is self-esteem or not, they're doing it. Just because you interpret it to only love your body if your skinny doesn't mean they're hypocritical. That's your decision. You can choose to ignore it, or choose to be bitter. It's a clothing store.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I love the dove one... I have never been able to fit in VS anything!

Dove is almost as bad as VS. Google the rules to become one of their models