VS "Love Your Body" Commerical Rant

Options

Replies

• rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I CAME BACK, I COULDNT HELP IT

RYAN GOSLING COME BACK TO MEEEEE

Edit: or go skinny dipping with Daniel Craig while I watch from the bushes, that's cool too.

Jason Statham needs to join that party. :drinker:
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    They have pretty stuff, but IMO it's overpriced and made cheaply. I stopped shopping there a long time ago for those two reasons.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I don't like VS bras. The B cup is too big then the A cup is too small. I don't care what size it says, I just care that it fits right. I don't like their formed cups, like everyone is the same shape. Oh wait....it's VS, they DO think we are all the same shape.

Agreed. I find their bras to be garbage.. the quality is horrible and the shaping is awful.

But every pair of tits is completely different. I've been on the prowl for the perfect bra, and found it in VS. The cups are exactly and perfectly right for my breasts. Pretty sure this is why there are hundreds of retailers that sell bras... like I said before...
  • dmh0204
    dmh0204 Posts: 81
    Options
    Hey OP are you on MFP because you love being fat and you want to defend fat bodies, or are you here because you want to lose weight and have a healthier body?

You say sarcastically "all fat people are unhealthy, right?"

Then you go on to say something about how you buy fresh fruit and veggies, and again sarcastically indicate that the responder thought that because you're fat, all you eat is cake. Well, how did you get fat? Was it eating mostly fruits and veggies? Probably not. So you're currently changing your lifestyle, using MFP, counting calories, being more aware of your diet. That's great. But you weren't always this way. You're overweight not because of the habits you're developing now, but because of habits that made you fat.

Yes, fat is unhealthy. When you're done with your journey, if you stick with it, you will probably not associate with "fat people" anymore.

I was on antidepressants for 5 years, which contributed to my weight gain. I also didn't eat the best but I was exercising in competitive marching band (yes it is a sport, to those anti-music program people). I want to be able to love myself at every size I'm at but apparently, I'm not allowed to. I must be ashamed of myself because I'm not at my goal yet. And I'm a bit insulted that you assume that I won't associate myself with fat people anymore when I reach my goal. So am I to break up with my boyfriend and abandon my family just because I'm smaller than them? How dare you. I love my family and I love my boyfriend. I hope not all skinny people are so snobbish.

You want to love yourself at every size, but you aren't allowed to? Says who? VS? Dove? If you need a corporation's approval to love yourself, you should start solving this "skinny model" problem by taking a hard look at yourself--not VS. They're just out to make money. Buy what fits, and get on with your life. VS is not the devil.

Are people really so starved for positive role models that they are looking to VS and Dove? Really? Read a book. Volunteer. Go for a run.
  • Shrinking_Stacey
    Options
    I think the VS girls are smokin hot! Ya, so I'm not a stick with tits, but I'm damn sexy in the dark;) I give those girls props for looking the way they do. THAT'S HARD WORK. Also, they do have extended sizes in many bras & panities. I wear a 34DD and have found many bras in my size. <3
  • newmeann
    newmeann Posts: 19
    Options
    I like your post!

THE FOLLOWING IS AIMED TOWARDS SOME PEOPLES RESPONSES:

If you don't like a post, then leave the post. If you don't have something nice to say, don't respond to the post! This site is meant to HELP each other. Some of the responses I have seen are not nice or supportive. Quite frankly, some things I have read are quite shallow and make them sound extremely uneducated. The only reason I could see someone saying some of these things is because they are completely lacking something in their lives.

The End.

There is no MFP rule that I am aware of that states all opinions and advice must be nice. Please quote it to me if I am wrong. I am entitled to share my opinion just the same as you, whether or not I think the OP's point was valid. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you, the internet is not the place for you.

Oh did you think I was talking about you? I wasn't, but you must have said something that wasn't great for you to think that. At least it shows you have a conscience, even if you don't use it. This post was from a user posting in "MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT" maybe you should get off her post? This was one of things I was talking about, people don't really think before responding. The girl is asking for support about being upset about VS. If you don't know what "support" means, you can look it up on dictionary.com.

Now I would like you to find the part of my statement that read as a guilty conscience. I was just telling you that it isn't against the rules to say something that was less than perfectly nice. I don't take a back a single statement I've made on this topic, including me telling you that you've mixed up the rules about what is and isn't allowed to be said here :laugh:

Where did I say anything about rules? Thank you for proving my statement. :)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Honestly, this thread made me feel like I'm a horrible person. That I'm offensive and need to refrain from speaking.

That might help. I'm so used to people attacking me that I tend to assume that's what they're doing from the start. Thank you. :)

Nobody attacked you. People disagreeing with you on the internet shouldn't damage your self image any more than a marketing ploy by VS. My honest opinion is that if your self esteem can't handle these things, you should not watch TV or chat online. They will never change. You can only take care of you.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I love VS! Their bras and panties are the only thing that I wear. I wouldn't stop shopping there just because they use thin models just like every other clothing store.

This...but when I was nursing my boys I couldn't shop there...missed it because I like the quality, they last longer. I tend not to take advertising too seriously though...might be the marketing degree that gave me an insiders view to the tactics..they just don't work on me. My girls are big, always have been, but with that exception of early motherhood...VS is my store.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

If you don't like a post, then leave the post. If you don't have something nice to say, don't respond to the post! This site is meant to HELP each other.
    Well here you are either implying that it is against the rules or that people aren't allowed to share their opinions. Either of which is wrong.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried shopping online for your sizes? VS has them still they just are online now. It really is not as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be. Stores have the right to decide what they carry, otherwise I would be totally pissed that my favorite store discontinued MY favorite tanks! But I am not because I can't expect them to have them forever! sheesh chill out!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

OMG, SOOOOOOO hot!!!! How about Vin Diesel??
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Can you please jump off the high horse and leave the OP alone?????

I'm sure she posted this rant because she wanted to be left alone

Nope, not a bully.....just honest!

I really wish you would leave the OP alone. You could stand becoming a little dishonest in a good way. But, if you can't bring yourself to tell a white lie, try this: If you can't say anything good about someone, don't say anything at all.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    MORE RYAN FOR EVERYONE!

HCTgy.png
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

OMG, SOOOOOOO hot!!!! How about Vin Diesel??

Yes please, but only if Christian Bale can come.
    tumblr_l02cnzXlEm1qztx32o1_400.jpg
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Honestly, this thread made me feel like I'm a horrible person. That I'm offensive and need to refrain from speaking.

That might help. I'm so used to people attacking me that I tend to assume that's what they're doing from the start. Thank you. :)

Nobody attacked you. People disagreeing with you on the internet shouldn't damage your self image any more than a marketing ploy by VS. My honest opinion is that if your self esteem can't handle these things, you should not watch TV or chat online. They will never change. You can only take care of you.

There's disagreeing with me and then there were those who were calling me a bully and saying that I hate and wish to bash thin people, which just isn't true. I have thin friends and I love them dearly. My self esteem is fine most days, I just have very vulnerable days. Tomorrow I should be just fine. Although I work the rest of the week so that will take my mind off of it. It always seems to be on my days off that I get upset over little things. Maybe I should start volunteering for overtime. :laugh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    you are being a bully.

This whole F'ing thread was started to bully others. How blind are you idiots?

Who was she bullying? Fake spray painted and photoshopped images of people who don't really exist?
  • newmeann
    newmeann Posts: 19
    Options

If you don't like a post, then leave the post. If you don't have something nice to say, don't respond to the post! This site is meant to HELP each other.
    Well here you are either implying that it is against the rules or that people aren't allowed to share their opinions. Either of which is wrong.

You will never get it. This forum is labeled "Motivation and Support". There are NEGATIVE comments on here. Not OPINIONS. That's the difference. Maybe if I compared it to walking down the street and sticking my tongue out at someone and giving them a mean face. Is it against the law? No. Can you do it? Yes. BUT, So should I do it? No.
    That's the difference between civil people.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Can you please jump off the high horse and leave the OP alone?????

I'm sure she posted this rant because she wanted to be left alone

Nope, not a bully.....just honest!

The two are not mutually exclusive.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Make something in my size that makes ME look MY best and I will love your products.

I know right? Frederick's of Hollywood has my size. Too bad it's like 2 hours away. :(
    Not sure if this helps or not, but was a size 14 at my biggest, and that was a Small.

Um, I'm a size 16 and I wear an XL panty and 40C bra. Although I'm not sure if I'm wearing them too big or not. I might be. Sooo yeah, I may have different proportions. >.>

It's all about proportions with VS. When I was wearing a size 12, I needed a medium in most of their things. But a few of their things, I could wear a small. I stayed in a small--still am--at size 4. However, my sister who is a size 4 wears an extra small. I'm surprised you can't find a bra their. They sell 40C in my store, but maybe it's based on location?
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Yes please, but only if Christian Bale can come.
    tumblr_l02cnzXlEm1qztx32o1_400.jpg

I can agree to that!!!! :drinker: