What do you do when people keep staring?

Options

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    If you see them looking at you, you're looking at them, and maybe they feel the same. I tend not to make eye contact unless it's with someone I deliberately want to.

Sometimes you just feel the eyeballs on you and when you glance up, its like they just saw their long lost daughter.
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Lol, I start posing!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Well, I went to your profile and you just stared at me without blinking for at least a minute. I am not sure what to think. Maybe I should put some clothes on.

LOL
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I've found that a lot of different people (men and women) keep staring at me when I walk by. Don't know if it's good or a bad thing and sometimes I just want to turn around and tell them what the hell are they staring at.
    So what do YOU do?

If it's making me uncomfortable, like they look like a panting dog after a steak.... I tend to belch, Make a weird face, pretend like I'm picking my nose, or some other oft putting behavior. If nothing else it gives ME a giggle. Otherwise, if it's just them watching as I walk past, I smile and nod and keep on truckin'
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I look back, give a little smile and put an extra swing in my hips.

They're looking for a reason so I give them a little something extra.
  • MrsBurke
    Options
    I stare right back at them and sometimes give them a wide eye expression saying "what!"! lol
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Well, I went to your profile and you just stared at me without blinking for at least a minute. I am not sure what to think. Maybe I should put some clothes on.

Yeah, that's probably a good idea... :noway:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    sorry, what were you saying? couldn't stop staring at your pic
    ew.jpg \m/
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Yes! I sometimes feel violated, people have to understand when it's too much.

oh noes!

staring-eyes10.jpg

better?
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I just stand up straight and walk by proudly. I say let them look! It's a compliment. :)
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Just smile! :smile:
  • RitaSantoss
    Options
    Yes! I sometimes feel violated, people have to understand when it's too much.

oh noes!

staring-eyes10.jpg

better?

Much, thank you.
  • SonoraflowerKim
    Options
    You take it with honor and be thankful you are easy on the eyes!:love:

I don't have before pics that show what I started at, I was around 195 pushing 200 and certainly didn't want anyone to be looking my way. Now I am breezy, slowly into the 150 mark and yes, I get the looking...not that I noticed it first off, it was my husband who brought it to my attention.

We were walking after dinner one night and he started saying, "you are gonna have to stop this or some guys are gonna die." I was like, "wth are you talking about? Stop what?" He said, "this working out and looking in shape thing (with a laugh)." Then I started to see what he meant and I just smiled. I told him, "Well you can look at this way, at least you are with someone that looks good enough for others to look at and should be proud that you have a wife that wants to look good for you." So with anything, you can always find a positive way to handle it. I then told him, "just so we have this straight, if I have to pick between not working out and working out, well working out is gonna win, so you might want to get used to that and maybe carry a bigger stick!" lol

People are all gonna look when you start a transformation that changes your body...I say embrace it and love every minute of it. You know they are looking because you are doing something that makes a difference in the perceived views of our society :flowerforyou:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's probably a good idea... :noway:

Do you like my tutu?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've found that a lot of different people (men and women) keep staring at me when I walk by. Don't know if it's good or a bad thing and sometimes I just want to turn around and tell them what the hell are they staring at.
    So what do YOU do?

Do you maybe have toilet paper coming out of your shoe???
  • RitaSantoss
    Options
    So what do YOU do?

Do you maybe have toilet paper coming out of your shoe???

Lol no. I made sure to check all possible awkward situations.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    i wave at people and smile. usuallythey turn bright red and look away haha
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I don;t think they do, i think that you might be a little selfconcious

Just remember, everyone is someone elses freak/weirdo and ignore it
  • shesapear
    shesapear Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I smile or ignore...I don't wink because I don't anyone to think I am hitting on them esp when they are the ones being creepy!!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I start dancing and singing loud! They always turn away.... and sometimes run!