What do you do when people keep staring?

Options

Replies

• tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    One of two things. 1. Strike a fierce pose. I mean clearly, that's what they're after. or 2. If they don't seem douchey, I smile.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Make this face:

Face2.jpg

This works too! :wink: good thinking!
  • mmychal
    mmychal Posts: 69
    Options
    I run and tell my mom that they're LOOKING at me again.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I look back, give a little smile and put an extra swing in my hips.

They're looking for a reason so I give them a little something extra.

This. Exactly. I worked so hard for my body--let them admire it!
  • addaline22
    addaline22 Posts: 114
    Options
    first I do a mental check, ie; fly zipped, food in teeth, toilet paper on shoe, boob hanging out....then smooth my clothes, put on a smile and walk right up and say hello, or Hi, do I know you? or if I am available and they are looking good, Hi, I think we went to school together, I'm Addaline. If they get all flustered, remind them its rude to stare. if it is positive feed back and you have the time, engage in conversation. If it was neither, eh. move on.
  • KellyAlyssa84
    Options
    Keep staring. Dont break eye contact. It shows weakness. Stare back until they cant stand it and then look away. Then smack your chest with your fist and walk away, you win.

awesome.
  • WenLynn45
    Options
    It's funny you ask that because since I've lost 55lbs...people stare at me more...and I wonder what are you looking at but I just keep it moving, smile, or say hello...and they responde with the same....LOL
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    When I notice people are creepily staring at me........I stare right back! ;)
  • addaline22
    addaline22 Posts: 114
    Options
    ok. I read thru some comments and realized something else- I forget that not everyone was in shape once. I forget that not everyone has developed the self esteem... I just figure they are staring because I am unconventionaly beautiful and they just dont know what to make of me. I might be wrong, but that is what I have found to be true. However, that is me. If you have lost alot and are looking super fresh head turning hot for the first time, it can be hard to understand. but people are staring cause of the fact there is something nice to look at. you be ok.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Adjust my junk
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I usually stare back, they always look down or away. If it is someone cute, I would simply smile. :)
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Make this face:

Face2.jpg

A Yao Ming face is always a good one to make when stared at lol
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Tell them to take a pic, it will last longer.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Usually check to see if my zipper is down....................just to be sure it is:laugh:

hmmm... what streets do you usually cross?
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I pick my nose.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I was in sales for many years (in an all male industry), so I was used to it - not necessarily because I am a beauty queen. More like "Hey, there's a girl in a lumber yard!!" LOL

I always smile and do a small nod as if to acknowldege them as well. They let their defenses down and usually begin talking at that point.
  • Shrinking_Stacey
    Options
    "Tell your BOOBS to stop staring at my eyes" My all time favorite pick up line!! :laugh:
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I don't think too much about it. I just smile! But, what is really strange is when some man, whom I don't know, starts talking to me, like he's known me his whole life and I have no idea who he is. My daughter will ask me who it was and I have to say " I have no idea!"
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I usually take it as a compliment, unless they have drool on the sides of their mouths, or they're panting like a dog..............lol.

People are going to look at you - for so many reasons. Maybe you're wearing an awesome outfit, or they love your hair/eyes/boobs/legs.........you name it.

Don't sweat it - just relax and enjoy and smile back!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    you know what i just realized? i tend to look at random people. not necessarily staring, but i'm aware of my surroundings. i look around and i check out all the people that are around me. not necessarily thinking about anything in particular. usually i'm holding a conversation with my kids. i did it while out grabbing some coffee and some new books for the kids at the px just a few minutes ago. i do it because i worry about who is around me and the kids. even though i'm holding my 3 year old's hand, i worry that something will happen while we're out so i make myself very aware of everything around us. i probably made eye contact with each person that i walked past and i took note of what they were wearing (we live on a military installation so... if you're not in uniform it would be easy for me to remember what you were wearing... LOL) and what they looked like. i think i sound like a nut job now. LOL i swear i'm not a SUPER over protective mommy. i think i'm reasonably protective. haha