Bump. Just sent her a message.
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    bump
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who sees this as an invasion of the "target's" privacy and autonomy? Not cool, especially looking up her irl information. Seriously, seriously not cool.

Wow.

Not cool.

Whether or not to disclose one's situation, one's goals, and one's progress is that person's decision, not yours. Even if someone's info is public, posting his/her name and drawing attention to him/her is not your right.
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    you are an amazing friend!!!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who sees this as an invasion of the "target's" privacy and autonomy? Not cool, especially looking up her irl information. Seriously, seriously not cool.

Wow.

Not cool.

Whether or not to disclose one's situation, one's goals, and one's progress is that person's decision, not yours. Even if one's info is public, posting his/her name and drawing attention to him/her is not your right.

I kind of thought this for a second, but OP's intentions are clearly very good. Also, she just got online (yay!) and seemed thrilled about all the messages and support.
  • Sixlairds
    Sixlairds Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    bump
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Bump.
    I sent her a message.
    :flowerforyou:
  • betancourta229
    betancourta229 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump-ity bump bump!
  • LesIsMoreXX
    Options
    I'll send her a message too x
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Was happy to send a message. Hope it helps...she sounds like a real trooper!!
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    sent
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Wow.

Not cool.

Whether or not to disclose one's situation, one's goals, and one's progress is that person's decision, not yours. Even if one's info is public, posting his/her name and drawing attention to him/her is not your right.

I kind of thought this for a second, but OP's intentions are clearly very good. Also, she just got online (yay!) and seemed thrilled about all the messages and support.

I hope that the target appreciates this, rather than be upset by it, but the outcome of this particular situation doesn't really change that I hope to never see this sort of thread again. Just that it exists and is well-received makes this place... less.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    *bump and message left* Good on you, I hope someone would do the same for me
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Message sent, you're a great friend. I don't see how anyone could see bad intentions here. xo
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Message sent! You are one really caring, thoughtful man, Joe. She's lucky to have you as her MFP friend.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Message sent and hats off to you for being a great support to your friend.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I hope she says that we do care. Were all in this struggle together and cant accomplish climbing a mountain without support to push us to take one step at a time. BUMP BUMP BUMP!
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought:
    Maybe she's gone on vacation?
    Or
    Maybe she's just having computer problems? I'm just saying!
    But I do hope everything works out for her.
This discussion has been closed.