Zumba?!

Options

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. I usually do it 3-4 times a week, but have taken a bit of a hiatus to try other things. I started back up this week and I felt great afterwards. I'm so happy to hear I wasn't the only one who didn't lose weight, but inches. My hips and legs shrunk more doing Zumba than anyother exercise I have ever done! I recommend going to classes instead of a video game if you can. So much more fun!

I agree--classes are the way to go.
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Our zumba teacher does turbokick, zumba and aquazumba. I like all of them and had better results last time. I like turbokick the best! HAve zumba for wii and used it once, just am never alone at home.

There are a ton of different levels there and some of the moves are tricky, but it is fun :) I am a sweaty mess when I leave and have left sweat drips all over the floor too!
  • acrue21
    acrue21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zumba!!! Zumba is what tought me to love getting a good workout in!! Its fun and i meet all kinds of great people!
  • UZBGIRL
    UZBGIRL Posts: 35
    Options
    I love Zumba! I have three instructors and i like them all. So much fun! I do Zumba 3-4 times per week and also Yoga 3 classed per week. You burn good amount of calories. check out this page: http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

I am size 6-8, workout to tone my body. My friend lost 30 lbs. within 3 months.
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA IS AMAZING!

Yeah, so just like everyone else, i spent my first few weeks/months of zumba as the uncoordinated spaz at the back of the class, not knowing the moves...but I went with a friend which really helped so I stuck with it. NOW, 6 months on, I'm the confident, sports bra-wearing (zumba makes you freaking SWEAT, I find it much more comfortable in a sports bra than sticky tshirt, and as an A cup it really isn't inappropriate :P) girl right up at front and centre. I am SO HAPPY I stuck through it through the awkward first few weeks to get to where I am now! I'm wayyy more toned because of zumba, all that booty shaking really works!

The most important thing for zumba to work for you is that you don't feel self-conscious and just TRY to give every move of every dance your all, so just get into it. Even if you look ridiculous for the first few times, it doesn't matter! No-one's looking at you, they're all focused on how ridiculous they look themselves :P It's an amazing burner, and you literally don't even feel yourself working hard if you get into it enough...you feel it AFTER the class, when you've burned off 500+ cals, but during, it just feels like a dance party.

I'm gonna be sticking with zumba for life, and I'm getting certified as an instructor next month.

SO, basically, YES, ZUMBA WORKS! all you gotta do is just get into it and it works like a charm :)
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much it's really doing for my body overall (I also run and do Turbokick), but it's a ton of fun and a great way to burn some calories. Although I think I burn more calories from laughing every time the instructor gets mad at us for not shaking it hard enough :tongue: USE THAT BOOTY!!!
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 pounds doing zumba. I could never stick with anything else, but zumba is fun.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, Zumba is fantastic! It is a lot of fun, gets you moving, and often helps you get some laughs! I think that your instructor has a lot to do with if it is successful. I did Zumba a few months ago and had a great time but didn't see many results. I just started again with a new instructor and I can feel it every time I leave! You have to find an instructor that fits with what you need/want. They are all different, but if you put the effort in and find an instructor that works for you I think you can be very successful with the program!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Zumba is an awesome calorie burn, love it!
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I have the original DVD workout set and in 12 weeks I lost 30lbs and several inches doing Zumba only. Some people prefer classes, but I like doing it at home-too many variables dictate how intense the workout is/isn't with different instructors, etc. But, if you love to dance, then Zumba is a great way to go, whether you do it at home or in a class setting.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    The most important thing for zumba to work for you is that you don't feel self-conscious and just TRY to give every move of every dance your all, so just get into it. Even if you look ridiculous for the first few times, it doesn't matter! No-one's looking at you, they're all focused on how ridiculous they look themselves :P It's an amazing burner, and you literally don't even feel yourself working hard if you get into it enough...you feel it AFTER the class, when you've burned off 500+ cals, but during, it just feels like a dance party.

Totally agree with this!
  • kjenelle
    kjenelle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    YES! This was the best way for me to get into fitness. I am down 60+ pounds. I gained confidence through Zumba.
  • jennieemily
    Options
    I went to my first Zumba class yesterday, and I'm addicted already! For the first few minutes, I felt a little awkward and was trying to follow the moves perfectly. Then I realized that as long as I was moving and going in the same direction as everyone else (so as not to knock anyone over) I was fine! I was able to relax and just have fun. About halfway through I was drenched with sweat, but I felt amazing!! I love to dance, so it kind of came natural to me, but I found it to be relatively easy to follow. Looking forward to going again next week!
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You can probably tell from my profile picture that I am a big fan! I started a class in April. I would recommend trying a variety of instructors to see what you like! I have tried several different classes over the past few months. I have loved some and hated others!

I'm not sure how much of my weight loss or toning can be attributed to Zumba- I also run and recently added strength-training. Since I have been doing Zumba, I have lost 3/4 inch in my upper arms and 1 inch in my waist and my hips. I'd like to think all that booty-shaking had something to do with it! And if not, I'll keep going at least once a week anyway because it is so fun!
  • Sheckypie
    Options
    really any type of dance is good for you!!!!! I love Zumba but I also love hip hop dancing, belly dancing, interpretive dancing, and classical ballet!.... wiggle that body have fun and lose the weight!!!!!
  • kristinamarie559
    Options
    yes! I've lost 30+ pounds with it and I've been using Zumba for wii since February :)
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    YES! I love zumba! I've been slacking lately, but when I was working out daily, zumba was one of my main workouts... burns megggaaa cals and makes ur booty look AMAZING :)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I do it sometimes because I like to dance and it makes me feel like I'm in an 80's dance movie like Fame. But I really don't think it does anything for my fitness level.

edit: other than burn calories.
  • goldilocks509
    goldilocks509 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    OH how exciting! I love zumba too! How do you get certified?
    ZUMBA IS AMAZING!

Yeah, so just like everyone else, i spent my first few weeks/months of zumba as the uncoordinated spaz at the back of the class, not knowing the moves...but I went with a friend which really helped so I stuck with it. NOW, 6 months on, I'm the confident, sports bra-wearing (zumba makes you freaking SWEAT, I find it much more comfortable in a sports bra than sticky tshirt, and as an A cup it really isn't inappropriate :P) girl right up at front and centre. I am SO HAPPY I stuck through it through the awkward first few weeks to get to where I am now! I'm wayyy more toned because of zumba, all that booty shaking really works!

I'm gonna be sticking with zumba for life, and I'm getting certified as an instructor next month.

SO, basically, YES, ZUMBA WORKS! all you gotta do is just get into it and it works like a charm :)
  • goldilocks509
    goldilocks509 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have noticed changes in my body without a change on the scale from zumba. My butt is more shapely and my legs are more toned also and my tummy is smaller. But if you start going get some comfy shoes with a pivot point on the ball of the foot. Its really fun and i always leae pouring sweat. When youlearn the routines you can work yourself even harder.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!