Options
    Awesome post. You look great!
  • lesleypajles
    Options
    WTG!! Congrats on your success.
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for sharing.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thank you for helping us understand and hopefully helping us heal with your words! :heart:
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Love your post! I think I should copy it and put it up on my mirror for a reminder. :)
  • andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Best advice I have read in a long time! Thanks for posting and congrats on your success!
  • MsDivineM
    Options
    Thank you for this post! Its awesome, especially to those of us who think of this as a chore everyday. I have only been "working" at losing weight for 3 months and I feel I have been successful, 35 pounds! You have done an amazing jib at How You Did Not Lose 98 Pounds! Thank you again! You look wonderful!
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good work!! And great post, I totally agree :)

ps you look AMAZING :)
  • almamiranda
    almamiranda Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thank you for the great advice.
  • erintheinfj
    erintheinfj Posts: 28 Member
    Options

4. Dream about how happy I'd be when I reached my goal weight.

It's weird but you have to learn how to be happy. Just being at your goal weight doesn't automatically make you feel happy - at least not for long. The compliments stop, the thrill of losing weight stops, the ordinary trials and tribulations of life continue and sooner or later something goes wrong in your life. If you haven't learned how to be happy through all those, then you won't be. This time, I focused on being happy at whatever weight I was because I focused on enjoying my food, enjoying my exercise and enjoying how I looked and felt each and every day. Now I have the habit of being happy and I know how to get through the lows of life.

To sum it all up, my motto is: Work on Today, Let Tomorrow Worry About Itself.

As someone who frequently eats when I'm stressed or things don't go my way, this is very helpful for me. I will try to remember your words next time life catches up with me.

Great job!!!! I know you'll keep it up!

This really struck home for me. I often find myself thinking about all the things I'll do when I get "there". I know, deep down, that I've missed out on a lot of good things in my life because I was too busy being focused on thinking about how I'm going to look in the future. I am definitely not as happy as I could be.

I'm bi-polar and there are days when everything just seems so incredibly hopeless and I either get depressed, anxious, or panicky. And then I eat. I'm also going to try to remember your words the next time this happens to me. I feel like they'll be able to help me push through. :)
  • happypath101
    Options
    THANKS for your post!!! I'm in maintenance mode and have been having a lot of questions around what weight I want to maintain and what attitude to take to maintain it. I, too, don't want to identify as a fat person or punish myself for who I was. I remember when looking like I do this very moment would have seemed miraculous. Remembering that brings such relief.
  • dlashawn5
    dlashawn5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That was a great post....and you have a point, it is always good to visualize how you want to look. I find if I picture myself thinner and happier, I get there faster. It is not so difficulty turning down goodies or stopping at one serving when I can visualize how I believe I will look in the end. Thank you!
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said...WOW! That was a great post. It ALL made so much sense but I had not heard it in such a straight-forward manner before!

I will be keeping it all in mind from now on.

P.S. You look fantastic!!! You seem to have lost "years aged" along with those pounds! You look a lot younger on the right :smile:
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    What a lovely encouraging post! Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • socks456
    socks456 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this very helpful post. And congratulations.
  • camfam5
    camfam5 Posts: 15
    Options
    Great post! I whole heartedly agree with everything you said.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Thank you for posting this and well done! Really wise words!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    You have done an AMAZING job!!! Well done and great post!!!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Awesome example of a lifestyle change...thansk for sharing and you look amazing!
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.

Thanks for the great advice, you are so right :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!