How I Did NOT Lose 98 pounds

Options

Replies

• anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. A very refreshing and reenergizing post. Congrats, you look wonderful. :flowerforyou:
  • Susan_Rae_1
    Susan_Rae_1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This got me the most... "From Day One, my goal has been to not gain the weight back. I've yo-yo'd all my life and I just didn't want to go through all this effort to gain all the weight back yet again. "
  • casnic25
    casnic25 Posts: 81
    Options
    I love your post. Congrats on your amazing job! You look wonderful.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Excellent post, inspirational to me... I don't want to regain what I lost this time around.. My goal that on August 14, 2013, I can say the same!
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This is a great post. Thank you for this!
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    great job! Ty! Way to mainatin you look great! Thats the hardest part!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing!! Nice to hear your story of how to be happy at whatever weight you are. Keep up the good work!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!
  • michelleshere
    michelleshere Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful inspiration you are! I love your way of focusing on the now, being positive in the present and enjoying life everyday. I hope I can employ your methods and see the joy in eating correctly, exercising for my mind and loving who I am now, not who I was or will be. xxoo
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options

4. Dream about how happy I'd be when I reached my goal weight.

It's weird but you have to learn how to be happy. Just being at your goal weight doesn't automatically make you feel happy - at least not for long. The compliments stop, the thrill of losing weight stops, the ordinary trials and tribulations of life continue and sooner or later something goes wrong in your life. If you haven't learned how to be happy through all those, then you won't be. This time, I focused on being happy at whatever weight I was because I focused on enjoying my food, enjoying my exercise and enjoying how I looked and felt each and every day. Now I have the habit of being happy and I know how to get through the lows of life.

To sum it all up, my motto is: Work on Today, Let Tomorrow Worry About Itself.

This.. This is the most important thing I had to realise on my second go round. If I wasn't happy now, then I'll never be happy no matter what weight I am.

Congrats loads on your journey! You've done so well, and it's a brilliant inspiration :)
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congratulations and thanks for sharing from your personal experience.
  • debobrien1
    Options
    Awesome words of wisdom! Thanks for sharing!! :smile:
  • dobielover1
    Options
    The part about not setting small weight loss goals is so true for me...in the past, I have gotten frustrated many times and stopped working at it because I didn't his a magic number by a magic date.
  • skulcherry
    skulcherry Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are so right on every point and your 1 year of keeping the weight off just proves your points. Loosing weight isn't just a number on the scale it is a change of mind. The mental state has to change along with the physical or you will just gain the weight back. Many times you even gain more because you feel like a failure and eat that much more.

I have learned that while loosing weight you have to learn to love and be happy with who you are. Be proud of each accomplishment no matter how small you think it is. It could be anything from passing on desert to taking the stairs instead of the elevator. These seam small but if you make these types of decisions every day you will be creating habits that are going to change you both mentally and physically.

Mountains are easier to climb one step at a time!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    To the OP: thank you for that!

I opened your post thinking I was going to see a bunch of "don't eat this" advice, that usually goes against what works for me. Surprise, you gave awesome advice that is applicable to EVERYONE. I think I need to copy your words and paste them on my bathroom mirror. I've driven myself into being fat with unhappiness and poor self-esteem. You've given me more motivation to not worry about the weight and try to like myself a little more right NOW.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Woow thank you. I never looked at it from that perspective. Thank you :drinker:

Awesome journey. Congrats!!!!
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! Great post!!!!!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    You are SO right! As a fellow serial yo-yo dieter, I think that all of my previous weight loss attempts were framed by your excellent points! ...not anymore!

Congrats on your success! Here's to your final weight loss success and here's to today!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    As someone who has also lost "a lot" weight, I couldn't agree more! Especially with #1.

Great post... and you look awesome! Congrats on keeping the weight off... that in itself is a huge accomplishment! :drinker:
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way but you look like mother and daughter in these pictures. It amazes me how when we lose weight we usually look alot younger and definitely more happy. Most people look so sad in their before pictures. Congratulations! I know I'm much happier at 100 pounds lighter now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!