ONE YEAR on MFP - My year in NUMBERS and pics :-)

Options

Replies

• gracia124
    gracia124 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Great job :)
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wow! you are an inspiration! You look fantastic!
  • kkochenber
    Options
    You look fantastic. Way to go. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pictures! Congratulations! You look great! It's inspiration for me because I am in size 24 right now!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I began my exercise SLOWLY. Like really really slowly. The first day, I walked around my block. 0.25 miles in 25 minutes, with a CANE. The next day I went a little father, the next day a little faster, just doing what I could, getting out there and moving and sweating every single day. After many months, I added in 30 second jogging spurts. Then I just tried to run more and walk less, gradually introducing faster speeds as my body could tolerate it. After a few months, I was able to jog for my whole workout.

Currently during a typical week, I run 6-7 days/week and lift 2-3x/week. I've done five 5k races this spring and summer, and hope to train for longer distance events.

The key to my success: Consistency. Just get out there and DO it. Watch your portions. Sweat every day. No excuses.

:-)

Joy

what a beautiful story. really touched my heart. Congratulations on gaining a big part of your life back and losing all that weight.:drinker: Here's to you.
  • hg5159
    hg5159 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Rock star. I'm so proud to call you my BFF.
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    awesome job
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Today is day 365 of my logging into MFP. It's been a WILD year! Thanks to all my MFP friends for the encouragement and ideas over the past year. I never could have pictured myself at this place a year ago.

Here's my past year in numbers:

Time spent exercising during the past 365 days:
    453 hours, 46 minutes, 53 seconds.

Distance traveled walking, running, and biking:
    1937.49 miles

What I've LOST:
    Bust:
    From 54" to 37.5", loss of 16.5"

Bra band:
    From 46" to 32", loss of 14"

Hip:
    From 55" to 41.25", loss of 13.75"

Waist:
    From 49.5" to 32", loss of 17.5"

WEIGHT:
    From 270lbs to 170lbs, loss of 100lbs.

Clothing:
    From size 24 to size 8/10

Number of people you will inspire with this post:
    Thousands.
  • 55AngelH55
    55AngelH55 Posts: 117
    Options
    This is SO inpsiring. Thanks so much for sharing it. :)
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!! You look amazing, and are such an inspiration!!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!
  • knjm4v
    knjm4v Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    AWESOME, AWESOME, job!!! Congragulations to you. Such hard work! WOW you look fabulous!!
  • trulycrazed
    trulycrazed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Amazing! After reading your story, that's all I've got. Just, simply, AMAZING!
  • Ange03063
    Ange03063 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just started this week (Monday to be exact) on MFP. Your story brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It truly inspires me to keep going. I can't wait for next year so I can post similar before and after pictures! Your arms are AMAZING! What exercises do you do? (reps, weights, etc.).....Congratulations on your weight loss. It is truly well deserved.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!!! Amazing job, well done!:flowerforyou:
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Not only did you lose the weight, but you did it while dealing with serious medical issues. Well done!
  • KMissyD
    KMissyD Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. You look amazing. Often we worry about the results in a month or two, but in the long run its worth the wait. Way to keep it up. :drinker:
  • diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an amazing story. Many people with an injury such as yours would never have gone on to running. Keep it going... Job well done!!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW..this story is great and you are a GO-Getter really love that....Such a warrior to slowly get back in there and do it for you!!!
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!