Exercises to spot reduce my love handles

Options

Replies

• MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    There is no spot reduction. Just do whatever makes your entire body smaller. They will shrink.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Lipo...
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    For years, scientists told athletes that spot reducing doesn't work. For example, you can't lose arm fat by doing curls and triceps extensions. These conclusions were based on volumetric studies that estimated changes in lean mass and fat in the arms and legs following weeks of specific exercises in those areas. Danish researchers, led by Dr. Bente Stallknecht from the Panum Institute in Copenhagen, showed that spot reducing is effective. Researchers used radioactive tracers (133Xe) to measure changes in fat mass during high-rep knee extensions, which is more sensitive than measuring density changes in the arms and legs. Researchers also studied blood flow and fat breakdown in fat tissue adjacent to working muscles and in fat tissue around inactive muscles in the other leg. After 30 minutes of doing knee extensions with one leg, subjects switched legs and did knee extensions for 120 minutes using more weight. Blood flow and fat breakdown were greatest around the working muscles. The study researchers concluded that specific exercises could cause "spot reducing" because blood flow and fat use was higher in adipose (fat) tissue adjacent to working muscles. Spot reducing was most effective at higher intensities because it generated more heat in the muscles and triggered a higher release of catecholamines (fight-or-flight hormones, such as adrenaline). This was an exciting study for bodybuilders that overturned longstanding beliefs about spot reducing. The take-home message is that spot reducing works. High-rep, high-weight exercises reduce local fat stored best. (American Journal Physiology Endocrinology Metabolism, 292: 394-399, 2007)

woah so maybe I missed something by not reading all the comments, but if you are such the smarty pants why post the original question?
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    This is clearly the answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkQCZfhm4g
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    What about a weighted hula hoop?

Just not too heavy!
    The ones with the beads are about as much as I can handle right now

beads? You sure you're not looking in the wrong type of um, "exercise" shop?

no, mine sells them too. right next to the ball gags for tennis.

I think I just snorted
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Start logging sex...

and housework
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Invent those weird toe-shoes in heels... because working out in both is clearly what you need. And don't forget that you must only eat 1000 calories and NEVER eat back your exercise calories. I mean, c'mon....
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    Grab a knife and start cutting.
  • dirtydmvkid
    Options
    1. *kitten* daily
    2. Poke them. Fat hates being poked.
    3. Cocaine
    4. Pelvic Thrusting

You'll be golden.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Grab a knife and start cutting.
    That explains why Emo people are so thin.
  • MonkRocker
    MonkRocker Posts: 198
    Options
    Angry pirate

Best possible response, and everyone skipped right over it.

Sad, really.

Also: OxiClean is supposed to be a pretty good spot remover.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Ambidextrous *kitten*. It's the only thing I found that works.

true story
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    There is no spot reduction....

There is now... with oxyclean!
  • pattysanderson71
    pattysanderson71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do excercies for your obliques.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    hookers and blow
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Never, EVER drop below 1200 calories. Starvation mode is srs bidness.
  • scarlet369
    scarlet369 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is clearly the answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkQCZfhm4g

LOL so glad it wasnt in english so I could make up my own inappropriate commentary
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    hookers and blow

:mad:
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    hookers and blow

As a hooker who does blow, I agree
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Fat will burn off where every your body decides to burn it. For some, the belly may be the last to go. Do cardio and make sure you are eating right with lots of belly busting foods. Greek yogurt, avacoda, nuts..... and so on. Keep up with the weight training because that muscle development under the love handles will continue to burn the fat at rest. :)