What is the fire that keeps you going?

Options

Replies

• shm1289
    shm1289 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I tell myself that i've come too far to stop now and sometimes it feels like i have a million things getting in the way of what i want so why would I want to stand in my own way? Picturing myself at my goal weight always makes me work harder too!
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Results is one

The other is proving a bunch of meanies wrong.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Very selfishly, my motivation to keep going is seeing people who were bigger than me losing weight and catching up to my size. My pride won't let my body be bigger than theirs.
  • sarahmatters
    Options
    This is brilliant!
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Um, taking all of my clothes off in front of the mirror....and if thats not motivation enough, jump up and down a couple of times...naked...in front of the mirror...

lol yip that'll do it
  • BmoreGinger
    Options
    I grew up fat and unhealthy as a young kid, teenager, college, and now as an adult. I think about how badly I felt back then... and then I think about what I will look like when I reach my goal. I even have an outfit I am always in! I also think about my future kids (usually a little girl) and how badly I want HER to grow up healthy with a good self esteem. I looked to my mother for my eating habits and I know my kids will do the same... So I keep going. I "fall off the wagon" a few times a month, but I try to stay on track with those thoughts. :) I hope this helps!
  • JahanviP
    Options
    Oh well! The desire to fit in every cloth I like, plus to surprise my boyfriend when we were meeting after a long gap! Now what keeps me going is when people compliment me and my boyfriend gets saucer eyes every time I wear something hot! ;) plus i love it when i go to a shop and the assistant says that i should try for a 26" denim or a tee in "small" size! :D
  • SkinnyChemicals
    Options
    Vanity. I look down and see a fat belly. I don't want to look down and see a fat belly.
  • krystymc
    krystymc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i'm not a success story - yet. but what keeps me going on the bad days are all these stories. when i have bad days like tonight, i come here to the forums and read the Success stories. i look at the pictures. and i want to be one of the cool kids. not people just born with the right genetics or with awesome parents who really 'parented' and showed them how to exercise and be active and eat right (good on them though!). i want to be one of the people who struggled for whatever reason - and succeeded.

my motivation is that i wanna be one of you guys =) i'm glad you're all sharing these stories! please never stop, even if you feel you tell them a million times to us newbies. we're at your knee, eager to listen and learn!

thank you for this thread.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I keep myself going, which comes from life long low of self confidence,
    I would do anything to know I could appreciate myself more.

I also want to look my best for my partner.
    Even though he doesn't want me to change but meh, makes sense yeh.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I will never look 20 again but even still, I am starting too look pretty good naked. I can run, bike, and I am working toward my first triathlon. I have decided to do an IRONMAN 70.3. Why? Because I still can.

Quit smoking about 4 months ago, lost 55 lb so far, and have about 19 lbs to goal weight.
  • Nicoleleeee
    Nicoleleeee Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Um, taking all of my clothes off in front of the mirror....and if thats not motivation enough, jump up and down a couple of times...naked...in front of the mirror...

lol yip that'll do it

:laugh:

The image in my head is priceless!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    My scale has been at a standstill for a while.... But I keep going... I just can't give up how good I feel when I work out and eat right! Plain and simple. I also like pushing myself to see what I can do. I just started running this year (in Feb/March..... And now I'm training for a half marathon. (Never ran before in my life, ever)....
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If I don't feel like going anymore, I stop.

I take a week off. I eat everything I'm craving. I sit on my *kitten*. I end up feeling physically like crap. I start thinking about how good I feel when I'm taking care of my body. That's really all the motivation I need to get back on track.
  • JuroNemo14
    JuroNemo14 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The fire that keeps me going, is one simple fact for me: the fat is the core of my unhappiness. If I ever want to be happy ever again, I should not submit myself to the fat.
  • dgarblik
    dgarblik Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Proving to everyone I can do it.that its not just words any more, its a real life style change
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I will never look 20 again but even still, I am starting too look pretty good naked. I can run, bike, and I am working toward my first triathlon. I have decided to do an IRONMAN 70.3. Why? Because I still can.

Quit smoking about 4 months ago, lost 55 lb so far, and have about 19 lbs to goal weight.

*like*
  • luvva_luvva
    Options
    I realized one of the motivations I have when I was flying from Chicago to Los Angeles yesterday. I want to be one of the people who you hope sits next to you on the plane rather than one that you pray passes by and sits next to someone else. It's a fine line but, to me, it's such a strong implication of so many different things that I aspire to be.

*nods in agreement*
  • liljeanne
    liljeanne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Simple. For all the things I do in my daily life for those around me and closest to me, this is the ONE thing that I am doing for ME. Took me over 50 years to figure out that taking good care of yourself is the best thing you can do for those you really love :flowerforyou:
  • roguestates
    Options
    1. I love the feeling of getting stronger and more powerful in my body.

2. Deep fear of diabetes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!